Jack Slack: How Conor McGregor Dispatched of Dennis Siver

I always see these threads about this Jack guy breaking down fights and guys on here bumming him, but after reading some of his stuff, he's just pointing out obvious things that anyone who's been training a while will see easily. If you don't train, are new, or are a just bleed fan, then I can understand why, though.

Jack cant see the wood for the trees half the time and his predictions frequently suck.

He's viewing this thread right now. If you don't like his work then don't read it. It's simple. Much of this was previously discussed anyway by guys like me and That209, and some others (the check ending the Dillon fight, the low kicking strategy Aldo will have to adapt against McGregor being a southpaw and pressure fighter vs. Aldo being an orthodox fighter (lead leg kicks vs. rear, kicking the trailing leg or before exiting after penetrating), him not being able to throw leg kicks while being walked down and on the back foot etc. The difference here is it's from a credible source, a known analyst.

Jack cant see the wood for the trees half the time and his predictions frequently suck.

He doesn't make predictions you sped.

EDIT: sorry dude that was rude

Last edited:
Not really necessary to do a fight breakdown of a mismatch.

If I picked apart a dude in wheelchair, I mean really unleash teh jab and touch him up while mixing in a full repertoire of kicks at varying levels, will Jack Slack breakdown the fight and proclaim me as the fighter w/ the best striking across all weight classes?

No disrespect Jack, but really. I know you are pressured because Conor is hot right now and you have to produce something to read but come on, you are going to honestly and legitimately analyze striking based on a mismatch?

He's obviously not basing his opinion of Conor as a striker simply off of this fight. He gave a breakdown of this fight. His opinion of Conor's striking is based off the body of his work. I mean the guy linked a video of a fight that 99% of this board had never seen. I'm sure Jack has seen every fight Conor has had on video multiple times.

If anyone who is criticizing read the article they would know that more attention was paid to Aldo/McGregor than the Siver demolition. I swear to God this place is a zoo of potential Elliot Rodgers who are so infantile when it doesn't go exactly their way.

He doesn't make predictions you sped.

Are you his white knight gay lover coming out to defend him? His articles suck and he often gets it badly wrong frequently pointing out the obvious. And yes he does give predictions of sorts, pointing out why one person is likely to beat the other.

'Sped'. Do you realise how retarded you sound. In future use words commonly understood by people. I'm happy to say i had to google that word.

He's obviously not basing his opinion of Conor as a striker simply off of this fight. He gave a breakdown of this fight. His opinion of Conor's striking is based off the body of his work. I mean the guy linked a video of a fight that 99% of this board had never seen. I'm sure Jack has seen every fight Conor has had on video multiple times.

I didn't know about the low kick check ending a fight previously in Conor's career until someone pointed it out to me a little while back. I made a GIF of it and a GFYCat video, along with a thread talking about it here on Sherdog. It's been posted a lot so it isn't new, about 2 1/2 months old.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/mcgregor-finishes-opponent-leg-kick-check-2860815/

I love Jack Slack, but that fight need no analyst from him. Competitive fights like DC-Jon needs an anayisis if it has not already been done so that the reader can learn from it.

Siver being +900 was just a piece falling into place in front of Conor. Outside of the Irish fans, I can feel that most HC fans are starting to rethink his chance of handing a slightly post prime Aldo.

Even if Aldo loses, he will not be like Siver who has the agility of a drunk elephant.

Seriously, Conor v Siver = DC v Henderson.
Yes, the performances were great, but predictable.

If I picked apart a dude in wheelchair, I mean really unleash teh jab and touch him up while mixing in a full repertoire of kicks at varying levels, will Jack Slack breakdown the fight and proclaim me as the fighter w/ the best striking across all weight classes?

No disrespect Jack, but really. I know you are pressured because Conor is hot right now and you have to produce something to read but come on, you are going to honestly and legitimately analyze striking based on a mismatch?
My take on it was that he uses the Siever fight to illustrate more than analyze. He's made most (or even all?) of the claims here relating to McGregor's style before.

You know Aldo isn't Anderson Silva right?

Aldo broke his foot by kicking in the Korean Zombie fight because the Korean ZOmbie checked a kick.

Another solid article by Jack Slack.

Conor stance is a Karate stance(not movement), but he is a little more postured up that Machida. Imagine Katsunori Kikuno leaned a little forward. Shogun proved that the karate stance is weak to outside leg kicks and due to the hands hanging low, the karate guy can get tagged a few times in the face.

Barao being a spin kick guy should give Aldo ample practice to avoid that kick. I know that Aldo trained with Andy Souwer but I think he needs to get a Machida brother to help him. Clinch and ground work is all Aldo.

Are you his white knight gay lover coming out to defend him? His articles suck and he often gets it badly wrong frequently pointing out the obvious. And yes he does give predictions of sorts, pointing out why one person is likely to beat the other.

'Sped'. Do you realise how retarded you sound. In future use words commonly understood by people. I'm happy to say i had to google that word.

If you think you can do better then go write some article with useful insight and gain a following. Acting like a dick will only get you negative responses and an eventual keyboard fight without any of the technical breakdown that Jack Slack provides. Actually, by now there should be a college major in online arguing, baiting, trolling, winning a thread and shutting one down

He says in the break down, that Siver pretty much did what everyone expected. Also said that Siver getting outclassed by McGregor was to be expected, as that was pretty much the reason the fight was put together.

The first part of the breakdown was pretty much pointing out things he has pointed out from other McGregor fights. But the real substance of the article was McGregor's stance (and how Siver was able to kick out his rear leg), and how it may affect his fight with Aldo.

Not sure what the bitching is all about.

It was a mismatch because Conor's that good.

If he didn't have some of the best striking in the division it wouldn't be a mismatch.

I love Jack Slack, but that fight need no analyst from him. Competitive fights like DC-Jon needs an anayisis if it has not already been done so that the reader can learn from it.

Siver being +900 was just a piece falling into place in front of Conor. Outside of the Irish fans, I can feel that most HC fans are starting to rethink his chance of handing a slightly post prime Aldo.

Even if Aldo loses, he will not be like Siver who has the agility of a drunk elephant.

Seriously, Conor v Siver = DC v Henderson.
Yes, the performances were great, but predictable.

The bolded part is where you're wrong. There's too many know-it-alls here on Sherdog that think Aldo's powerful leg kicks will be so easy to pull off against McGregor and without any consequence whatsoever. You people won't listen to me or others telling you that isn't going to be like that so Jack Slack is a good well known name to enlighten you about it. That was worth posting his article alone.

Aldo broke his foot by kicking in the Korean Zombie fight because the Korean ZOmbie checked a kick.

Another solid article by Jack Slack.

He didn't ''check'' it Aldo misstimed the distance because KZ came forward to throw himself, you do not CHECK kicks by throwing strikes and trying to close the distance on someone.

--------------------------

Also it doesn't surprise me to see this wannabee Steven Seagal ''Got GOAT'' (who btw is his second account because his first one got tossed the fuck out of SD a few years back) hanging off of the nuts of the Carlos Mencia version of ''fight analysts'' aka mr 'jack slack'

Let's end your existence once and for all (until you go make another account that is) Got GOAT you pick your irish boy i'll ride with Aldo and you put your account + four didgits atleast in dollars on the bottomline. I'll even be kind and take a prop bet on Aldo and you can have all sorts of outs with McGregor need only win for you to cash?

How bout it bigboy try and grab those raisins you have dangling from your scrotum and let's see you actually put something of value for once behind your words.

Last edited:
Back