Jack Slack: Cormier has all the skill to beat Jones

If jones used a better jab he would have had an easier victory.

Cormier was slipping his jab pretty easy when he tried it early though. What Jones really needs is to be able to put something behind his jab, whether it lands or not. His jab itself is decent, but it's not integrated into his game at all.

He is right. He said that Cormier had one of the best chances to win against Jones, not that he picked him(before the fight).

I feel his analysis is spot on. He said the key for Cormier was to use lateral movement & not walk straight forward(before the fight). Daniel just kept coming straight forward & ate too many body strikes. Whenhe still had gas he was even or slightly ahead in strikes landed, despite having to eat so many on the way in. Sherdog analysis led to people saying Cormier would get emotional & lose by "hell bows" inside of 2 rounds. The morons who said that are the same ones gloating now.

Jones fans are buying into the "aura of invincibility" hook, line...& sinker of course. They bought it with Anderson. Weidman never bought into it.

I'll admit I thought Fedor was nigh invulnerable until the Arlovski fight. He was slightly losing a round, but then got the KO at the end. That's all it took to humanize him & he had won about 28 straight fights, mostly finishes. That's the closest we will see in a long time.

All true.

Nobody is perfect.

Slack saying that Cormier should have done something he wasn't actually capable of is fucking hilarious and back tracking. Just shut up, Slack.

Not capable of? Walking to the side is just as easy as walking forward. This does not require Cormier developing some magical skill he doesen't have. It's just a matter of game planning. Slack is 100% correct.

I posted this article the other day. Anyone who thinks that Jones dominated Cormier in the fight is crazy. I actually thought that Jones was getting KTFO in the 2nd round when Cormier lended that overhand. Cormier won rounds 1&2, Jones #&4 and the 5th could have gone either way.

Back