Jack Slack: Cormier has all the skill to beat Jones

Lol Jack Slack got besmirched backtracking like crazy.

"Cormier could have won by using skills he doesn't actually have."

Who is Jack Slack? Some so called expert huh? lol

A god to MMA fans who don't know what the fuck is going on and rely on people like Rogan and Slack to explain basic things to them lol. People need to get on Sony Vegas, download fights and see them frame by frame, you can learn a lot by doing that, unfortunately most of the people who comment on Sherdog have low IQ's, especially people from the UFC discussion.

The best was his article on chain fighting as if Cormier invented mixing up strikes and wrestling.

Is that the one called 'Killing The King'?

Oh wait, that's all of them.

:)

Of course he does. Hell he had all the skills yesterday, just not the gas tank. That being said, I don't see him improving it any time soon.

Jones stole his gas tank with body shots and making him carry his wieght in the clinch.

Cormier didn't forget it at home.

If Cormier didn't just have the fight and wasn't 36 he'd have a point.

Cormier is too old to work his way back up and then fight for the title at 37. It also seems that Jones broke the poor guy.

Yeah you might be on to something here...sadly enough but truth.

I was rooting for Jones, but Slack is right to a certain degree. I thought Jones was going to have an easier time with DC. Jones's lack of a jab allowed DC to get inside too easy. Jones definitely has some things to work on.

Edit: But I don't see how DC would ever develop elite cardio or lateral movement. So, in that respect, Slack is wrong.

Jack Slack can't face facts his silly fight theories are just simply "WHACK"....!

Solid article from Jack as always.

Constant movement and the gas tank to keep it up is a big requirement to fighting Jones. It's why Gus had the success he did. It's hard to take someone down or strike with them when you're constantly being forced to reset to someone's lateral movement.

He did well with the uppercuts, seems that exhaustion and some mental bug were the bigger reasons for why he didn't do better in this fight.

Bros mad they can't write and be paid

Definately.

His comment " i hope he's somewhere crying right now, he probably is" in regards to DC had me laughing.

Lol, he's so goddamn petty. He reminds me of a spoiled rich girl.

Like seriously, who says "he ruined my special night" about another grown-ass man.

It's funny though, because he's also the most impenetrable force we've ever seen at LHW. Funny combination of qualities.

He is right. He said that Cormier had one of the best chances to win against Jones, not that he picked him(before the fight).

I feel his analysis is spot on. He said the key for Cormier was to use lateral movement & not walk straight forward(before the fight). Daniel just kept coming straight forward & ate too many body strikes. Whenhe still had gas he was even or slightly ahead in strikes landed, despite having to eat so many on the way in. Sherdog analysis led to people saying Cormier would get emotional & lose by "hell bows" inside of 2 rounds. The morons who said that are the same ones gloating now.

Jones fans are buying into the "aura of invincibility" hook, line...& sinker of course. They bought it with Anderson. Weidman never bought into it.

I'll admit I thought Fedor was nigh invulnerable until the Arlovski fight. He was slightly losing a round, but then got the KO at the end. That's all it took to humanize him & he had won about 28 straight fights, mostly finishes. That's the closest we will see in a long time.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I just saw someone copy and paste it in here. Edgar is the current king of going from striking to wrestling imo.

Edgar is goddamn beastly at it. Bendo too.

Of course, no one could do that like GSP

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back