Jack Slack: Barao can't brawl

Instead of jumping to the knee-jerk reaction of labeling him as just another wannabe armchair intellectual, why don't you actually read what he writes if you want to critique him?

He makes a lot of rational points and he backs up what he says with reason and logic. Can't say the same about 90% of sherdoggers

I don't think this is what cost him.

I think Renan actually did better than TJ in the rare brawly type moments, it was everything else that was TJs.

The openign strikes, the counter strikes, but if an exchange went longer Barao started to land on TJ.
TJ excelled in the shorter exchanges (less than 4-5 strikes thrown).

Instead of jumping to the knee-jerk reaction of labeling him as just another wannabe armchair intellectual, why don't you actually read what he writes if you want to critique him?

He makes a lot of rational points and he backs up what he says with reason and logic. Can't say the same about 90% of sherdoggers

90% have too short attention spans for an article, hence why they find 3 round fights unwatchable without a finish.

I find it disturbing how many sherdoggers are absolutely SHITTING on Barao.

Seriously?... I'm not a fan of either fighter but my god, easy on the haterade... Barao is still champion caliber, TJ had a great night. Leave it at that.

Awesome article as always by Jack Slack. Tj was just flawless, amazing performance

He pointed out nicely that good counter striker with moving backwards and having speed can actually land good on TJ. Dodson was just too quick for TJ.

Maybe Demetrius vs TJ could be a fun super fight and Demetrius could might just win, or he maybe had a shot even against Barao.

Also I like Jack mentioning Eddie Alvares and The Dart. People just don't understand how good Alvares is. Can't wait to see him in UFC and if he doesn't run into some rassler I bet he can be a real threat to champ (who ever that is, even Khabib)

Something interesting is that after Cerrone fought Barboza. Slack said Barboza's striking was identical to Barao's down to the mannerisms. In other words he called it. I think Dillashaw could have beat Barao identical to Cerrone had he gone for the choke in the first.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back