Jack Shore is no GSP

So I got on Jack Shore bandwaggon a couple fights ago. I think he will put up a fight against ANYBODY at 135lb division. He's an ELITE uber prospect in my opinion.

However, I see Bisping comparing Shore to GSP over and over, but I don't think that's a good comparison. The prospect that I think I'd find myself compare himself to is more along the lines of Gunnar Nelson.

Gunnar's career didn't pan out like a lot of us including me thought, but he was once a uber prospect at 13-0-1, whereas Jack Shore is 15-0 right now.

When GSP was coming up the ranks he was dynamic on the feet. Before he started throwing bricks into the river to cope with Serra loss, he was a great dynamic striker on the feet.

On the other hand, what I think troubled Gunnar Nelson is that, it turned out that his striking wasn't as great as we thought it was all going to be nor was his timing based TDD as good as we thought against some strong WWs.

Jack Shore has great boxing, but I think he lacks power. He has great TDs, but I'm not sure if it will translate well to elite fighters with good TDDs.

At the end of the day, I think Jack Shore has a champion potential, and right now I think he can stack himself against anybody at BW. But I think he's closer to Gunnar Nelson than GSP by far whereas Shore probably has better boxing than Gunnar and worse BJJ and perhaps a bit better TDDs.

To be honest, it's hard to project prospects. Unlike Gunnar, Jack Shore is in the weight division that fits his size. Also, Jack Shore seems to be a better boxer than Gunnar with maybe stronger wrestling.

I really think Jack Shore is one of the best prospects that we have right now in MMA, but it wouldn't surprise me if he falls short to elite guys just like Gunnar did for the very same reason.

I do still have small remaining hope for Gunnar tho.

There's only one GSP mate, he's the GOAT

he reminds me more of magomed magomedov from bellator.

I think he can beat Khabib at 155. Don't quote me about this but yeah
I was going to add to my post that he would’ve been an extremely exciting stylistic matchup for Khabib, but thought better of it. In the grand scheme of things Gunnar would’ve been the type of opponent similarly to Ferguson that would’ve turned into an injury or weight cut related pullout...or maybe he would’ve ducked his prime entirely... LoL

Right, I'm gonna go for it.

I'm Welsh. I like Shore, he's good.

But he's not that good. I seem to be in a minority who really doesn't see anything special with him at all. I see people calling him a future title contender. How's he gonna achieve that, then? I'm all ears.

He's exactly the same fighter as Brett Johns. Strong offensive wrestling, good boxing fundamentals (no real power though), great cardio - Shore's BJJ is a bit better but that's about it. When Johns started fighting your Munhoz's and Sterling's, he lost comfortable decisions - absolutely no shame in that but it is what it is.

How does Jack Shore beat guys like that? Someone tell me, because I'm just not seeing it at all.

He seems good everywhere, but i haven't seen where he's great yet. That said, he's still very young and the fact that he's already so good in all aspects of mma is amazing. The kid has a bright future if he keeps improving. I like him.

Right, I'm gonna go for it.

I'm Welsh. I like Shore, he's good.

But he's not that good. I seem to be in a minority who really doesn't see anything special with him at all. I see people calling him a future title contender. How's he gonna achieve that, then? I'm all ears.

He's exactly the same fighter as Brett Johns. Strong offensive wrestling, good boxing fundamentals (no real power though), great cardio - Shore's BJJ is a bit better but that's about it. When Johns started fighting your Munhoz's and Sterling's, he lost comfortable decisions - absolutely no shame in that but it is what it is.

How does Jack Shore beat guys like that? Someone tell me, because I'm just not seeing it at all.

Jack is a better striker than bret johns, longer too, and he knows how to use it. Also, bret john's is very good and should still be in the UFC.

Jack is a better striker than bret john's, longer too, and he knows how to use it.

But he's the same in that he has no power, he's just a jabber and a point scorer. No power at all. He's not gonna lay a glove on any of the top bantamweights, he has no A-Game - unless you call a RNC an A-Game, which it might be at this level but good luck when you start fighting the top 5-10.

But he's the same in that he has no power, he's just a jabber and a point scorer. No power at all. He's not gonna lay a glove on any of the top bantamweights, he has no A-Game - unless you call a RNC an A-Game, which it might be at this level but good luck when you start fighting the top 5-10.

I don't know. He seems to have much smarter fight IQ than johns does in my opinion. It's just a general feeling i have from watching both guys. Shore seems far more composed on the feet. Johns always had this nervous energy to him when striking.

And again, shore is only 26. It's far to early to make up my mind about him.

I don't know. He seems to have much smarter fight IQ than johns does in my opinion. It's just a general feeling i have from watching both guys. Shore seems far more composed on the feet. Johns always had this nervous energy to him when striking.

And again, shore is only 26. It's far to early to make up my mind about him.

I want him to succeed as a fellow Welshman but at present I'm just struggling to see what some people are seeing.

His wins in UFC are over:
- 0-2 guy
- 0-1 guy
- 0-1 guy
- 2-2 guy

Seems like a good prospect, but wait a while

Back