Reaction score
Klitchko
Sultan imbragimov
Chagaev
Haye
Brock
Sam Peter
Etc etc

How does he do....stipulation though....you can hold and hit like in Jacks day.

Depends on who his promoter could buy off.

If the fights take place in black & white footage, Johnson beats everybody... If its in HD, its a whole different story.

Who knows? I don't think a lot of that old school boxing style would work as well now a days. There are some basics of boxing that are time tested and proven, but I think the sport has evolved very much since the 20s and 30s.

Jack's physical strength and clinchwork would probably cause some level of issue under these rules but Jack was champion 120 years ago, who knows if he could even box at a distance, i just remember a lot of inside fighting from his tapes.....someone like David Haye or Wlad would pick him apart.

An average sized heavyweight who fights inside would be a good fight but anyone who fights off their jab probably buries Johnson in his tracks

Jack Johnson was a physical specimen & a great fighter for his time but the skillsets plied by fighters back then were pretty archaic IMO. Sure, it's sometimes tough to judge how good ( or bad for that matter ) the fighters of that era were based on those old herky-jerky films that they made back then but I don't think Johnson does well in any modern era.
Although he went by the ring moniker of "The Galveston Giant", Jackson was only a bit more than six feet tall, weighed a shade over 200 lbs for his biggest fights & only had a 74" reach. So, he'd have been outsized by most of the modern era heavies. And although he was portrayed in the press as some sort of a wrecking machine during his era he actually only scored 35 KOs in his 78 fights. So, he wasn't a massive puncher. Therefore he'd have to rely on his boxing skills against modern era heavies & I'm sorry, but they just hold up to my eye.
So, with a nod of respect to a great pioneer of the sport, I say that he'd get crushed against modern fighters.

35 KOs in his 78 fights. So, he wasn't a massive puncher
I think he could have ko'd most if not all of those guys if he thought it mattered.

Old baseball players used to say they'd have stolen more bases and swung for the fences more if they knew that shit would be "the standard" they're judged on.

I don't think Jack really gave a shit....he seemed to enjoy slowly breaking people over the course of a ridiculously long fight

i googeld jack johnson

{<huh}

A1swyyRkBxL._SL1000_.jpg

Who knows? I don't think a lot of that old school boxing style would work as well now a days. There are some basics of boxing that are time tested and proven, but I think the sport has evolved very much since the 20s and 30s.
Jack was champ from 1908-1915ish. Little before the 20s and 30s

i dont know, but, looking through his record, there were some big dudes fighting back then. Bigger than i think people realize. Sure there were 190lbrs fighting heavyweight, but Jack was 225 vs the 240lb Jess Willard, and Jeffries was 220ish, too, and built like a tank.

It hasnt changed as much as people think. Stylistically it sure has, though.

There are more tall guys who actually arent lumbering idiots nowadays, but, even then, they are beatable by the 220lbr squad.

Tyson, Holyfield, Ali, Frazier, Wilder, Foreman, all could fight these ‘giants’, many of whom are carrying extra weight to be anything over 240 anyways.

id say boxing wasnt developed enough for Johnson to really hang today, but its less due to super evolution and more due to a sport being in its infancy.

i think Klit would pound his face over and over until eventually, he dies because boxers back then didnt give up easy.

Back