Rewatch Jack Hermansson vs Roman Dolidze

AL-Tappo McSnappo

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
It was a okay fight, great finish.
I saw that Roman called out Khamzat afterwards, most likely that fight won't happen but if it does, Khamzat schools this guy.

I also found out not only did this guy steal a girl from a 135 pound fighter but is also managed by Ali.
I don't rate jack as a good wrestler, and he took him down, i don't rate Jack as a good striker and he gave hi hard time.

Another thing, he kinda looks like a larger Belal.

Also fook Ali, so no to this fight.

Last edited:
I saw that Roman called out Khamzat afterwards, most likely that fight won't happen but if it does, Khamzat schools this guy.

I also found out not only did this guy steal a girl from a 134 fighter but is also managed by Ali.
I don't rate jack as a good wrestler, and he took him down, i don't rate Jack as a good striker and he gave hi hard time.

He got taken down by Hermansson. Did great off his back but Khamzat would run through him.

I also found out not only did this guy steal a girl from a 134 fighter but is also managed by Ali.

I bet on him when I saw the line but to be honest I was planning to walk it back as I watched more tape and fortunately just forgot.

He’s powerful but pretty slow. And his TDs and TDD aren’t very good. This is gonna make a statement to wrestlers though. He wrecked an elite college wrestler’s leg and then turned Hermansson (who handled Jacare and has notable sub wins on his record) into a pretzel. Really not sure how many guys are gonna want to fuck with him on the mat at this point. He’s got too much power to be the middleweight Paul Craig, but I do wonder how he beats guys like Strickland.

Dolidze vs Brunson is interesting IMO.

I bet on him when I saw the line but to be honest I was planning to walk it back as I watched more tape and fortunately just forgot.

He’s powerful but pretty slow. And his TDs and TDD aren’t very good. This is gonna make a statement to wrestlers though. He wrecked an elite college wrestler’s leg and then turned Hermansson (who handled Jacare and has notable sub wins on his record) into a pretzel. Really not sure how many guys are gonna want to fuck with him on the mat at this point. He’s got too much power to be the middleweight Paul Craig, but I do wonder how he beats guys like Strickland.

He can beat Brunson but Brunson can also win only in the first round.
Roman BJJ off his back was good but Khamzat wouldn't give as much room to work as Jack did by leaving such a big gap to be used against him. Plus i think khamzat is too fast for him, so i actually see a knock out.

Chimaev got knockedown by LW burns and u guys think he can tank dolidzes punches who moved down from LHW? Really? Also chimaev cant do shit against him in grappling and he wont be bigger guy this time
If they meet roman finishes him

Chimaev got knockedown by LW burns and u guys think he can tank dolidzes punches who moved down from LHW? Really? Also chimaev cant do shit against him in grappling and he wont be bigger guy this time

Luque is a WW but has knockout wins over LHW's, small guys are sometimes more dangerous then big guys.

Roman is a very hairy guy, which I can respect, given that I'm also a hairy guy. Obviously, my physique and physical prowess surpass his (elite old school SD powers) but this guy has been making a habit of winning fights I was sure he was gonna lose. I say he gets Gastelum next, just cuz. Hermansson gets Vettori.

Boom.

Roman is a very hairy guy, which I can respect, given that I'm also a hairy guy. Obviously, my physique and physical prowess surpass his (elite old school SD powers) but this guy has been making a habit of winning fights I was sure he was gonna lose. I say he gets Gastelum next, just cuz. Hermansson gets Vettori.

Boom.

You are very hairy guy, which I can respect, given that I'm also a hairy guy.
Obviously, our physiques and physical prowesses are no match for the others.
But what are you talking about?
Gastelum is on a losing streak and will fight in January vs Imavov, most probably he will lose and will be out of the rankings. Why would he get Dolidze?
Hermansson just lost, why would he get Vettori, who is better ranked?

Boom.
Gastelum would be a step down at this point unless Kelvin handles business against Imamov, which honestly seems unlikely at this point.

MW is finally moving on and I'm here for it.

Dude is amazing off his back,so Id like to see the grappling exchanges. Standing up I think Khamzat knocks him out. His striking isnt that great.

Boom.

Sounds hairy

Dude is a beast. I've been impressed by his performances.

His last fight he had a sweet ko, and this fight he almosts breaks Jack in half...not too bad.
You're right about him being slow however and that is gonna cost him his consciousness against guys with speed and power.

He's a terror on the ground though, and Brunson would be a decent test for him, I definitely agree with that.

I definitely wouldn't want to fight him after his last 3 performances. Especially the last one. My knee screams in pain just thinking about it. Only time I've seen that is Charles Oliveira vs somebody but this seemed worse because he fucking rolled him into backmount. What the actual fuck? How did Jack get himself into that shit. Then he had no way to escape and submitted to punches

Reactions: HHJ
I mean his last 3 fights he shattered an orbital and ruined two different legs. He's like a polite Palhares. On a human level he's not an exciting opponent. I would want to be certain I could shut him down. Dude seems to become a violent freak of nature

Here is Roman submitting curent #7 LHW Nikita Krylov

He would for sure submit Khamzat if it went to the ground, Khamzat always avoids grappling(Against good grapplers), and Roman probably already has submitted him in sparring sessions which is why he challenged him. Sadly Khamzat is ignoring it but understandable

That 2nd round is one of my fav this year. Using a calf slicer to trap Jack?!? Super slick.

Anyway... if Roman can get his striking to be a bit more polished, or if he can up his take-down game, he'll really be a threat at 185.

You don't watch a lot of MMA, do you?

His last fight he had a sweet ko, and this fight he almosts breaks Jack in half...not too bad.
You're right about him being slow however and that is gonna cost him his consciousness against guys with speed and power.

He's a terror on the ground though, and Brunson would be a decent test for him, I definitely agree with that.

Yea the power that he’s shown recently (in multiple limbs) is key, otherwise we would just see guys implement the Paul Craig Plan, refusing any and all invitations to clinch/grapple and jab their way to 30-27, which is what I thought Jack would do.

I like the Brunson fight because Brunson is also somewhat plodding but powerful and he’s not always super tactical. But there are other good matchups as well. Most guys are really gonna have to stay on their bike to beat this guy.

Last edited:
Back