Jack Hermansson submits Kelvin Gastelum GIFS

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
PartialFavoriteIraniangroundjay-size_restricted.gif
FreshWarpedIberianmole-size_restricted.gif

When's the last time a fight was won by heal hook? Very amateurish technique that rarely works. Worked tonight though.

Edit: We had a knee bar win tonight and a heal hook. 2 really old school techniques. What's old is new again!

Not sure why Kelvin didn't try and get right back up immediately while on top. Joker is legit on the mat.

Kelvin on a serious slump. Kelvin needs to get his diet right and get back to 170. He'd be a problem for anybody there.

Random thought but I'd love to see mousasi vs Kelvin for some reason. But tough break for Kelvin. Hopefully he can bounce back. Congrats to hermansson. Seems to have his shit together, unlike Kelvin.

When's the last time a fight was won by heal hook? Very amateurish technique that rarely works. Worked tonight though.

Edit: We had a knee bar win tonight and a heal hook. 2 really old school techniques. What's old is new again!
Dude, anything that works and finishes an opponent like Gastelum is not a amateurish technique. Execution is everything. It is a technique that can finish any fight quickly if the opponent is not prepared for it.

In case somebody missed it
Video was made in January so Gane could have done the last one.

Last edited:
He could’ve jumped out of guard when he was scrambling for it, or pushed his leg in further and GNP him until he lets it go but I would take option 1 against someone like Jack.

That sucks for Kelvin. Must be such a frustrating way to lose a fight, caught in an early sub like that. He’s been getting stick lately but let’s not forget the closely fought back and fourth war he had with the champion of the division. If it weren’t for Rob’s injury kelvin may well have been undisputed champ for a time.

I looked away as Gas was trying to stand up and missed the lock.

Fight was such a let down imo

Kelvin could have stood up sooner. He thought it was ok to fuck around with Jack on the ground. Don't do that.

From seconds away from being champ to a three fight skid. Must suck for Kelvin

That was a legit lazy fuck up by Kelvin who appears to have totally thrown in the towel when the fight hit the ground.

Kelvin had the fight in the bag and just had a mental lapse. Its like a fighter with all the tools and no fight IQ. First leg lock was close, he broke out of it and had an opportunity to escape. He dived head first back in and caught. I have a feeling if both fighters weren't fresh and early he would have escaped that after they built up more sweat.

Back