Jack Dempsey HL!

Sinister

Doctor of Doom
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Alright suckas. The long-awaited old-timer highlight video by yours truly.

http://72.0.104.148/Dempsey.wmv

Oh and before any of you nerds tells me the music in the beginning is cheesy, it was the fricken 20's. I used what was popular.

How about you download the video.

Very good video. 2 things I want to say.

1 he was like a prototype mike tyson, and tyson, was a Jackdempsey2.0 His technique wasn't flawless, but he was way ahead of his time.

2 Does the picture at 0:43-0:46 look like Frank Shamrock to anyone else?

Very good video. 2 things I want to say.

1 he was like a prototype mike tyson, and tyson, was a Jackdempsey2.0 His technique wasn't flawless, but he was way ahead of his time.

2 Does the picture at 0:43-0:46 look like Frank Shamrock to anyone else?

You mean the one where he's on the cover of TIME magazine? Even better is I think the final picture of him as an old man he kinda looks like William Shatner.

Extremely nice highlight, damn the dudes a brawler!:)

Thanks for the highlight, dude. Dempsey was a beast - I'd rather fight anyone else from any era of boxing besides Dempsey.

nice....my favorite boxer...if you believe in reincarnation....that's me.

DKM76 said:
nice....my favorite boxer...if you believe in reincarnation....that's me.

thats the...strangest way to like an idol.

King Kabuki said:
Oh and before any of you nerds tells me the music in the beginning is cheesy, it was the fricken 20's. I used what was popular.

i loved the music in the beginning. I didn't like the rock music. I actually was hoping the entire highlight was that 20's song. The hardcore rock sounds very inappropriate.

I agree with the 20's music, other than that it was badass. Now where's your Marciano highlight?

i loved the music in the beginning. I didn't like the rock music. I actually was hoping the entire highlight was that 20's song. The hardcore rock sounds very inappropriate.

To each their own. I don't think having a Brawling fighter who is beating people down to jazz would be appropriate, but that's just my taste.

And I'm not doing a Marciano HL, there's already a really good one floating around of him, and it's to Linkin' Park, who I fucking HATE. It's still a good reel though.

King Kabuki said:
To each their own. I don't think having a Brawling fighter who is beating people down to jazz would be appropriate, but that's just my taste.

And I'm not doing a Marciano HL, there's already a really good one floating around of him, and it's to Linkin' Park, who I fucking HATE. It's still a good reel though.

iono. maybe it's cuz i personally find context more important than appealing to the masses. as in aviator and chicago, i like when old-themed movies feature old-themed music. and i saw that jack johnson documentary (unforgivable blackness) , and when i saw him fight, it felt right when they had the old style music. same with cinderella man.

Personaly i love the mix of music from the old to the new agresive, the agresive metal captures the spirit of the fighter, great highligt, seen it a few times now:)

Excellent work man. Any chance of a Roberto Duran HL? (try and include knocking a horse out).

Presidente - I already had one planned. And it's going to be good I should think because I'm theming it off how absolutely terrified everyone was of him.

Personaly i love the mix of music from the old to the new agresive, the agresive metal captures the spirit of the fighter, great highligt, seen it a few times now

This is precisely what I was looking to accomplish.

Back