Jacare's Guard Game

MUFC

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Talking about Ronaldo Jacare

What type of guard game does he have? I can't remember any matches where he played guard for an extended period of time. I remember one match vs Marcelo where he submitted him with a Kimura from closed guard, but that is all.

if i had to describe it with one word i'd say aggressive.

but his takedowns are so good he spends most of the time on top, passing.

Watching his videos he seems to work quite a lot of full guard, but a lot of his sweeps i've seen are mainly takedowns from all fours, which seems to be his guard pass defence, because of his freakish hip movement he can come to all fours in an instant then finish with the athleticism

I've only seen him use guard in his match with Garcia. I vaguely remember him using half guard against Randy Couture in their grappling match, but I can't be sure.

All I've seen is the Marcelo match, him coming to his knees for the TD and one match where he was using seated guard, but didn't really get anywhere.

wow thats really interesting...one of the worlds best BJJ practitioners rarely uses the position that makes BJJ so unique

He placed Roger Gracie in a triangle......even though Roger escaped Jacare is the only one I have seen do that. So I would say his guard is good.

He has pulled flying triangles fairly frequently. Jacare's judo and shit is so good, that yeah, he rarely has to play guard for an extended period time.

I think he prefers to be on top and pass. have been watching him in the 2004 pan ams where he demolishes everyone. only one guy, a wrestler, he cant take down so fakes a throw and jumps to triangle and finishes it in seconds. lI wish he would come back and fight in the Gi.

He uses his guard against Braulio Estima. He catches him in a flying triangle then moves to armbar, freakish ability.

thats right!total dominance.Doubt Braulio has forgotten that match

Jacare's probably my favorite fighter to watch, along with Marcelo. Kind of depends what you're in the mood for, but it's definitely those two guys for me.

I think he prefers to be on top and pass. have been watching him in the 2004 pan ams where he demolishes everyone. only one guy, a wrestler, he cant take down so fakes a throw and jumps to triangle and finishes it in seconds. lI wish he would come back and fight in the Gi.

lol todd margolis i think right?

lol todd margolis i think right?

Yep, and he got trianagled by Braulio in the same competition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back