Jacare vs Yoel Romero Added to UFC 194

CC27

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
http://cdn2.cagepotato.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/crop_casey_questionmark_beard.jpg

Yoel Romero will fight Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza in a matchup of middleweight contenders on the UFC 194 card at MGM Grand on Dec. 12, sources close to the organization confirmed on Monday.

The two were originally slated to fight in February, but Souza contracted pneumonia and was forced to withdraw. Romero pulled out of the rescheduled date in April when he tore the meniscus in his knee.

Romero has won all six fights since entering the UFC in 2013, including five by knockout. The Olympic silver medalist in wrestling is coming off a third-round knockout of Lyoto Machida in June.

Souza, the former Strikeforce middleweight champion, is on an eight-fight winning streak that includes five straight victories since entering the UFC.

The winner is likely to be in line to challenge for the middleweight belt against either Luke Rockhold or current champion Chris Weidman, who will also fight at UFC 194.

The event is headlined by a featherweight title unification bout between champion Jose Aldo and interim champ Conor McGregor.

I still don't know who to pick for this fight. This is the closest fight to predict on the entire UFC 194 card IMO

It's hard to pick against Romero after the way smashed Lyoto.

eb7diq.gif~c200

close fight but the machida destruction is still fresh in my mind.
Romero rd 2 ko

MW no.1 contender fight. Might as well throw HW no.1 contender fight on there as well. JDS vs. Overeem. Still not worth buying of course but worth a watch.

It's going to be one hell of a fight. I really have no idea who to pick as the winner, maybe Yoel

MW no.1 contender fight. Might as well throw HW no.1 contender fight on there as well. JDS vs. Overeem. Still not worth buying of course but worth a watch.

Wait, Aldo/McGregor, Weidman/Luke and Jacare/Yoel isnt a PPV worth buying?

:icon_conf

Hope Romero wins so he can challenge for the belt this might be his last chance.
Jacare can still get another shot if he loses.

This confirms that UFC 193 will not be a stadium show.

I picked Yoel. Dude has crazy power. But honestly it's a coin toss. Any ones game here.

Great matchup but I'd rather see them fight each other after they both get title shots.

i think both guys can finish on the feet but i give Jacare the better chin. I think this fight will have a finish. My two favorite MW's. Not as excited as i should be because one will lose but i think this may be one of the best fights on the card.

194 Gonna be a good night for Brazilians.

When I saw this thread bumped I was so worried it was because the fight was canceled. Whew.

Not worth buying? Are you insane?

jose aldo vs mcgregor weidman vs luke and yoel jacare not worth buying :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I've just got a hunch Yoel gets the KO. Close fight, stylistically. It's gonna be a round and done.

This fight on the same card as the MW title bout is a great idea, same with the Bader/Rashad fight on the LHW title card. Let one of them fill in if an injury occurs

I'm down! Sounds good.

if they added pettis to this card, it will be the p4p most fragile card

I will be amazed if this fight happens, please let it happen and get a contender picked out.

This event is going to be decimated and starved by injuries [CONFIRMED]

I think we all know that this is one of those cursed fights that won't happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back