Jacare vs Weidman

I’d love to watch them grapple. I don’t think either guy would want to end up on bottom, bjj champ or not playing the position game with someone like Chris is bad news.

Striking wise I think it’d actually favor Jacare, Chris is more crisp with more tools but Jacare has power and knows when to unload on people with his hands. I’ll go with Weedman on a decent decision.

Depends on who is the better striker between the two since their grappling neutralize each other. Leaning towards Jacare since post USADA Weidman hasn't shown much with his striking

If Saturdays Jacare shows up he gets KO'd stiff in R2

Jacare's striking was on point in the past but he's slowed down, lost a step, still dangerous on the ground but can't get people down early enough in the round to finish.

weidman has a realy good wrestling game and should be able to avoid every takedown
What's interesting is to see is how Weidman does without his own takedown threat. Wrestleboxers can have a tough time against BJJ experts, see Cain vs Werdum.

Good matchup. I worry for Jacare’s gas tank, but his power could crack Weidman.

I think people incorrectly believe The Chris would avoid Jacare on the ground. I am not of that same mind set.

You're right. Weidman would beat him up on the ground.

werdum stricking > jacare stricking
I don't think they are of too different quality. Jacaré's defense is worse but he seems to put more power on his punches.

Weidman's pressure style is gonna have to be based solely on his striking and maybe that's not gonna be good enough.

Maybe but It'll be for a title shot.
of course. hes coming off a win over kelvin, so hes in the top 3-top 5 right now. no reason to go backwards unless he wanted to pad his record with another win like fighting branch or brunson or something. jacare makes sense now

of course. hes coming off a win over kelvin, so hes in the top 3-top 5 right now. no reason to go backwards unless he wanted to pad his record with another win like fighting branch or brunson or something. jacare makes "NO" sense right now

Fixed it.

High risk no reward.

If Whitaker beats Romero then there' only really 2 guys to face in the top 5.

Weidman and Kelvin. Since Jacare just lost and Rockhold left.

If Romero wins, than Kelvin will get the TS, which if Kelvin wins Chris will get the TS.

If Romero wins I can see a Weidman vs Whitaker title eliminator.

As of right now, Chris can't move forward taking a fight but be can fall back

Not a good fight for Jacare to take right now. Chris would very likely stop every take down and even if Jacare gets it down Chris will be more than able to grapple with him. Fights stays standing and turns into a kickoxing bout. Jacare should take on a striker he can exploit on the ground.

Back