Jacare vs. Chael

And Chael, well, he's Chael and he always gets subbed in the most embarrassing fashion imaginable by anyone who is even competent at offensive submissions.

It's more likely Chael gets submitted in the most hilarious way we've ever seen in MMA history than it is he......well, doesn't get subbed at all.

This is a gross exaggeration. Only very good to great submission artists submit Cheal.

Okami is absolutely blackbelt level. He grappled with Maia at ADCC and was very competitive. He lost a close match on points.

Okami is a great Grappeler, but his bottom game is way behind hi top game, and his submission game is way behind his positional game. His Submission's from the bottom position are not even close to elite, so Cheal is a terrible match up for him.

Watch the fight again, they may not have spent the full 25 mins but there was plenty of time spent on the ground.

I also made it perfectly clear that I think Chael would lose to Jacare.

Do you guys just not read?

You're telling other people to watch the fight and you don't even know that it was a 15 minute fight, not 25? It wasn't a title fight because Filho came in 5lbs overweight, as well as talking to ghosts because he was battling drug addiction.

The whole fight is on youtube, go watch it. Chael never once engaged Filho on the ground, he just stuffed shots and stood over him.

Where was I when Forrest Griffin was considered a very good submission artist? Or even Anderson for that matter?

Ok, you got, in 2003, when he had less than ten fights, Sonnen was submitted by people that are a little less than very good submissions artists, the point still stands.

Jacare insanely easy. Chael wouldn't take it to the ground, though, but he'd get knocked down and submitted.

This,Chael must have thought a few things through before the LHW move.

I see him losing to weidman,jacare.Plus they wouldn't give him another shot at Silva anyway.Business savvy that Chael.

after he gets destroyed by jon jones, gets submitted in one minute by jacare? I am all for it.

You're telling other people to watch the fight and you don't even know that it was a 15 minute fight, not 25? It wasn't a title fight because Filho came in 5lbs overweight, as well as talking to ghosts because he was battling drug addiction.

The whole fight is on youtube, go watch it. Chael never once engaged Filho on the ground, he just stuffed shots and stood over him.

You are correct they did not spend as much time on the ground as I thought, I haven't watched the fight in a while.

BUT I just did, and there are three very clear sub attempts that Filho throws that Sonnen defends in the first round.

2:29 rd 1 Sonnen wades into Filho's half guard and Filho goes for an armbar, Sonnen defends.

1:48 rd 1 Filho again grabs an arm and goes for an Omo, Chael spins out.

1:10 rd 1 Filho roles for a leglock, and gets a good hold of it. Chael defends it again.

So the claim that he "never once engaged him on the ground" is incorrect.

And again, Chael loses to Jacare, in case that comes up again. :rolleyes:

Jacare, Chael has good top game, but his sub defense is sad. Jacare 1st round sub

Back