Jacare vs. Chael

Broad Blade

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I would love to see who wins the ground game here. I think Chael has finally met his match. What do you guys think?

chael loses to anyone whos trained bjj for more than 2 weeks according to sherdog

by triangle of course

Good fight, obviously Chael has a little bit of trouble against a strong bottom game but... if I had to put money on the winner, it'd have to be Chael. Jacare hasn't fought anyone on Chael's level, outside of a loss to Mousasi.

jacare by any triangle known to man

Jacare would take it, but Chael is staying at 205 for while most likely.

Jacare via Florida Gator chomp

I just wanted to say that, but seriously, Chael would wrestle circles around Jacare.......and still end up in teh triangle.

Apparently Chael hasn't improved his BJJ at all, and his striking sucks.

Oh wait, Chael's BJJ has improved a ton since 2009, and his striking has gotten better as well.

I'll pick the guy that has the HUGE cardio advantage, Chael Sonnen.

Tim Kennedy and Luke Rockhold both made Jacare look very beatable. Sonnen is not the same fighter he was in 2009. He's a top guy now.

If Jacare were to win against Chael, he could be considered Top 5 or perhaps at the very least, fight Top 5 guys from there on out.

Good fight, obviously Chael has a little bit of trouble against a strong bottom game but... if I had to put money on the winner, it'd have to be Chael. Jacare hasn't fought anyone on Chael's level, outside of a loss to Mousasi.

Chael has more than a little bit of trouble against a strong bottom game, and Jacare's bottom game is more than strong.

Id take Sonnen>>> Jacare.. Hell ill take Bisping, Lombard, weidmen, >> Jacare

Jacare would probably sub him.

THAT IS NOT TO SAY THAT THIS MEANS CHAEL SUX AT BJJ DEFENSE AND GETS SUBBED BY ANYONE WHOS PRACTICED BJJ FOR LONGER THAN 2 WEEKS LOLOL

Because he doesn't. He has wrestlfucked several elite BJJ blackbelts without getting subbed. Getting subbed by Damien Maia and Anderson doesn't mean you have bad sub defense. They are elite BJJ practitioners.

The problem is that Jacare is one of the 4 or 5 best BJJ practitioners ON THE PLANET. Hes is leagues above Anderson and solidly better Maia. He's jsut a terrible matchup for Chael.

Oh wait, Chael's BJJ has improved a ton since 2009, and his striking has gotten better as well.

Tim Kennedy and Luke Rockhold both made Jacare look very beatable. Sonnen is not the same fighter he was in 2009. He's a top guy now.

kennedy and rockhold probably know triangle defense

Cheal has 8 submission losses, and has never faced someone as god with submissions as Jacare. You claim that he's improved, but aside from a half there Filho he's never beaten anyone with a strong bottom game, what makes you think he's any more capable of avoiding the submission than he was in 1009/2010?

Jacare's cardio is an issue, but Cheal struggles to push the pace without wrestling, and he has never demonstrated the ability to wrestle with a submission artist the caliber of Jacare.

Um...

GriffinSubmitsSonnen.gif

_tufc60-4.jpg

babalusubschael.jpg

filhosonnen.jpg

2nbrjmf.gif

anderson-silva-triangle-submit-chael-sonnen.gif

Last edited:
Back