News Jacare Souza undergoes successful humerus surgery

What’s crazy is Rogan brought up the jiu jitsu match where he broke his arm, tucked it in his belt, and proceeded to win on points

Yeah. Not doubt that 100% happened at all
I don't understand how he won if his arm was broken. Do they not have technical submissions in Jiu-Jitsu?
Also, how do you even score enough points to be ahead with one arm? I feel like the armbar he got caught in is probably a lot of points for his oppobent, right?

"The longtime middleweight contender suffered a nasty break at UFC 262 on Saturday when opponent Andre Muniz caught him in an armbar that ended up injuring “Jacare.” Souza’s doctor Rickson Moraes later told MMA Fighting that the 41-year-old had fractured his right humerus."

"On Monday, Souza’s coach Josuel Distak shared a video on Instagram featuring a smiling Souza following a successful surgery at a hospital in Houston, the city where Saturday’s event took place."

"No timetable has been given for Souza’s return to competition."

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2021/5/...re-souza-undergoes-successful-humerus-surgery

------
Wishing Jacare a speedy recovery.

Of Note:

Surgeon forgot anesthetic. Gator guy didn't flinch

I got shot about 9 years ago, bullet broke my humerus. Thought id share

I don't understand how he won if his arm was broken. Do they not have technical submissions in Jiu-Jitsu?
Also, how do you even score enough points to be ahead with one arm? I feel like the armbar he got caught in is probably a lot of points for his oppobent, right?

No. It counts for nothing if you do not tap. I also don't think he tapped in the mma fight.
Just like Tony fought through a heel hook. He would of taken ligament damage also. If you don't tap it technical isn't a sub in BJJ. You need to submit for it to be a submission.

Back