Jacare Souza signs new five-fight contract with Forza?

jake-shields.jpg

Nowhere to Run Jake

Maia has much more experience over Jacare. He has proven himself in a diversity of situations. Rick Story was a huge test for Maia, and he obliterated him. Jacare had trouble with Miller, and Kennedy.

Flashiness, and athletic prowess are down the totem pole in MMA. High fight IQ and technical ability are the road to victory.

Sorry, you guys seem to be basing your predictions on intangibles, rather than sound fight experience.

Wishful thinking.

I question why someone would favor Jacare, but I think I know why, and it's a problem with the low IQ fanbase.

I think Shields can still run. He said months ago he would move down to WW again.

Gracie vs Paul Harris is the match to make for a Brazil card.

It will probably be this
Souza vs Lombard

but I don't want it to be...

throw Costa in there...I don't care about him.

Jacare vs Costa would be interesting, it would give Jacare a nice debut vs a guy riding a big win.

Maia has much more experience over Jacare. He has proven himself in a diversity of situations. Rick Story was a huge test for Maia, and he obliterated him. Jacare had trouble with Miller, and Kennedy.

Flashiness, and athletic prowess are down the totem pole in MMA. High fight IQ and technical ability are the road to victory.

Sorry, you guys seem to be basing your predictions on intangibles, rather than sound fight experience.

Wishful thinking.

I question why someone would favor Jacare, but I think I know why, and it's a problem with the low IQ fanbase.

who would you say is the better striker of the three?
Roger, Jacare, or Maia?

Maia is now a WW. They are not in the same division anymore...

but people seem to forget:

ROGER GRACIE is now a Strikeforce MW, and could easily match up vs Jacare...

Truth be told, I'd love for Roger to get some revenge on Jacare, after the bull**** BJJ match where Roger breaks Jacare's arm, and Jacare still wins on points because he Kalib Starnes'd the rest of the match.

EDIT: With regards to Jacare vs Shields... You guys are aware that Shields blatantly and completely ducked Jacare in Strikeforce right?? And that Shields's exit to the UFC was at least partially to avoid Jacare? Also... Miller had a sunk in RNC on Shields.... So let's get real Palhares, Maia, Jacare, and Roger Gracie will all tool him relentlessly. You guys are proposing the equivilent of a Kody McKenzie vs Chad Mendes rematch
C'mon now I'm not really a shields fan but I don't see jacare owning him would be a good match in my opinion

Everyone on Jacare like he is going to become the UFC champ within the year. Yes, he is a good fighter but I doubt he'll crack top 5 at MW.

Wishful thinking.

Hahaha give it to em raw I agree with what you're saying sounds very reasonable fighting wild will win fights but fighting smart will win championships that's like comparing Melvin guillard and gsp or silva

Mai over Jacare by greater discipline.

I'm excited by Jacare, but he has questionable fight IQ, and can be a bit reckless.

I could see either roger, or Maia, dominating him.

what? Since when has Jacare been reckless or shown poor fight IQ?

Also it's insane to see multiple people picking Roger or Maia over Jacare.

Wishful thinking.

lol jesus you have no idea what you are talking about. Rick Story is a huge test? To who?

Also lol at people basing their picks on "intangibles" yes Jacare being a better athlete, a better wrestler, better striker, having more power standing, better defensive striking = intangibles but you being on Maia's nuts = sound fight experience.

It's always hilarious to hear someone accuse someone of using poor logic when they are so obviously doing that same thing.

Everyone on Jacare like he is going to become the UFC champ within the year. Yes, he is a good fighter but I doubt he'll crack top 5 at MW.

yeah Maia, Munoz and even Stann came damn close but no way Jacare could. Holy shit why don't all of you just admit you only watch Ufc cards?

I don't think I'd take Maia over Jacare, Jacare is stronger, more athletic, and is 2-1 vs Maia in BJJ... Not that it matters because they're different divisions now.

I just can't see Roger losing to Jacare tho, he uses his reach really well, and Jacare has shown cardio issues.

As far Palhares, I think Jacare/Palhares is the most even matchup to make, but that Jacare should be a clear favorite here, with better standup.

I think Weidman, beats all 3, currently. His wrestling/grappling are good enough to avoid being subbed, and his striking is underrated.

Finally, I see literally no way for Jacare or Roger to beat Hector Lombard. He simply isn't getting taken down, and while he's not the most technical standup guy, his pure power standing alone is just dirty. Neither Jacare or Roger have shown to have fantastic chins.

And finally, for those people trying to defend Shields... Every single other fighter I mentioned here would tool him.

what? Since when has Jacare been reckless or shown poor fight IQ?

Maia is an incredible fighter his stand up has come a long ways
His losses are to great competition besides marquarts lucky punch look what he did to chael rag dolled him than that triangle setup was flawless

yeah Maia, Munoz and even Stann came damn close but no way Jacare could. Holy shit why don't all of you just admit you only watch Ufc cards?

I think part of the problem is a sudden influx of MWs that are building a wall around Anderson.

Hector Lombard
Vitor
Chael
Okami
Weidman
Bisping

These guys can take out anyone but Anderson, but none are on Anderson's level currently.

"Roger, Jacare, or Maia?"

Maia has the most reasonable and consistent stand-up, he hasn't been bad on his feet, and certainly creates a problem for guys who want to to try and pressure him there.

Jacare's recklessness still seems to be a glaring weakness.

Jacare could learn a lot from Maia's experience, but again, I question his intellect, which is huge in MMA.

"Also lol at people basing their picks on "intangibles" yes Jacare being a better athlete, a better wrestler, better striker, having more power standing, better defensive striking = intangibles but you being on Maia's nuts = sound fight experience."

Of which Jacare is not head and shoulders above either one. "Athletic?" What does that even mean? Jacare had trouble with the bully beatdown host who is not retired and headed for a mental institution.

Face it, you're picking Jacare because he's black, and that kind of reasoning has a horrible legacy in MMA.

lol jesus you have no idea what you are talking about. Rick Story is a huge test? To who?

Rick Story was a top 10 guy and probably top 15-20 right now. Maybe not a huge test, but was definitely a very solid win and no one has beat him that easily and quickly.

I really like Jacare, definitely one of my favorite MW. I agree with those saying he would beat Maia quite soundly. I think with his skillset he can be a top 5/10 fighter and might already be a top 10 fighter right now. Only thing really holding him back is his age, he is 33 and so I think he has limited time as a top fighter. I could see him fighting for the belt depending on what the MW division looks like by the end of the year, especially if Silva vacates or retires.

Back