Jacare Souza ready to fight in August, wants a big name opponent

Augustus Caesar

ブッブーですわ
@Gold
Reaction score
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/5/15/5720556/ufc-jacare-souza-fight-august-weidman-machida-belfort

According Souza's manager, Gilberto Faria, the fighter would like to take on the winner of the UFC 175 title fight between champion Chris Weidman and former light heavyweight champ Lyoto Machida. Barring that, Souza wants to tangle with his controversial fellow Brazilian, Vitor Belfort.

"We are done fighting guys behind us in the rankings," Faria said. "It's time to release the beast."

Whom do y'all think that Jacare should fight?

Costas.

Lets see if Souza has to resort to his bread and butter vs a dangerous striker, or will he continue to be K1 Souza?

Not really sure who he should fight, tbh. Not tryina see a Kennedy rematch rn and I dunno who else is available.

Vitor could make sense, but Vitor will probably whine about having to fight before getting a title shot again.

Costas.

Lets see if Souza has to resort to his bread and butter vs a dangerous striker, or will he continue to be K1 Souza?

AZ's the man, hespect.

I think that Jacare deserves a higher ranked opponent, maybe the winner of Munoz vs. Mousasi.

I wouldn't mind him fighting belfort but I think belfort more than deserves the winner of weidman/machida. Maybe Jacare vs rockhold?

He'll probably headline one of those Brazil cards coming up in September. I'm 50/50 on if Vitor should fight again if he's eligible for a title shot. I think he may fight.

I could see the UFC making him fight someone else just because they need headline fights. Maybe Rockhold or something.

Rockhold is the perfect option to me

Rockhold rematch ?

Vitor or Rockhold make the most sense. I also like the idea of Jacare-Kennedy. It would logical for Jacare vs. Belfort to headline the show for Brazil, but i think Vitor said recently he wants to wait to fight the winner of Weidman-Machida.

any of these 3 guys, or Luke rematch.

4 options.

anyone below that is a pissant option #5, all equally pissant. even Mousasi.

Translation they want to release the lizard vs in denial Vitor. :icon_lol:

Mousasi, Rockhold, and Romero are his only options really. I'm pretty sure no one wants to see him fight Kennedy.

A Luke Rockhold is a good idea IMO

AZ's the man, hespect.

I think that Jacare deserves a higher ranked opponent, maybe the winner of Munoz vs. Mousasi.

Hespect right back.

Im down with Mousasi vs Souza II, esp the way the 1st one ended.

Horrible call.

He already fought Rockhold. Costas coming off a KO win, has suspect ground game vs a guy whos been focusing on his stand up as of late. Do it in Brazil, fill the stadium and etc. Or you can give him Vitor, but I doubt Vitor will accept either. Who's left? Romero?

Vitor is next in line for a title shot. Jacare should fight Rockhold.

Back