Jacare Souza asking UFC for title-eliminator bout in August return

pcbh

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.mmamania.com/2014/6/2/5772688/jacare-souza-asking-ufc-title-eliminator-bout-august-return-mma

Ronaldo Souza is asking for a title fight.

At the same time, "Jacare" understands he may not get one if Vitor Belfort is able to stop Chael Sonnen at the UFC 175 pay-per-view (PPV) event, which takes place over Fourth of July Weekend in Las Vegas, Nevada (we think). That's because "The Phenom" outranks him in the 185-pound pecking order (see it here).

No worries.

Souza would gladly settle for a title-eliminator bout against another top ranked opponent (see them here) when he makes his return from elbow surgery this August (popcorn pics here), according to his conversation with Combate, which opens up all sorts of interesting match ups.

"I'm waiting for the UFC to decide. I intend to fight in August. Everyone in front of me has a fight scheduled. I want to fight for the belt or someone who is well ranked."

But I wouldn't expect Joe Silva's phone to be ringing off the hook.

That's because "Jacare" has been tearing through the middleweight division with relative ease, racking up six straight wins with five finishes dating back to his decision loss to Luke Rockhold under the Strikeforce banner. As luck would have it, Rockhold is also closing in on a title shot and has no one to play with.

I'd like to see the Rockhold/Jacare rematch.

I admit I've never seen the first fight.

I'd like to see the Rockhold/Jacare rematch.

I admit I've never seen the first fight.

Why would you willing offer up information that makes your comment meaningless? You want to see the rematch, you haven't seen the first fight, have you seen ANY of their fights?

Farce if they don't. Deserved it way more than Machida.

Lol. Jacare perhaps, Rockhold, no. Machida and jacare are clearly 2 of the top 3 fighters at 185. Jacare does not even need to fight Rockhold imho, he needs to fight the winner for the title. Belfort getting a title shot for beating Chael Sonnen is a fucking joke.

Lol. Jacare perhaps, Rockhold, no. Machida and jacare are clearly 2 of the top 3 fighters at 185. Jacare does not even need to fight Rockhold imho, he needs to fight the winner for the title. Belfort getting a title shot for beating Chael Sonnen is a fucking joke.

Seriously.

Well if Vitor Belfort was injured instead of testing positive it would make sense because of his violent streak. I agree with Jacare going before Belfort because of the circumstances.

I know Rockhold/Jacare would be cool but it'd almost behoove them to put them in separate fights in the event they need options for Weidman.

Jacare vs CB, he hasnt face anyone in the ufc, i mean, yes, Limitless but CB beat him also and outclassed him everywere while Jacare striking looked bad against Carmont's striking

Jacare vs CB, he hasnt face anyone in the ufc, i mean, yes, Limitless but CB beat him also and outclassed him everywere while Jacare striking looked bad against Carmont's striking

Are you slow? Ever hear of a guy named Yushin Okami?

Jacare vs. Kennedy II
Rockhold vs. Mousasi
Romero vs. Dalloway

Put Jacare vs Rockhold in August... Or make Rockhold vs Mousasi a bit later

Mousasi rematch is the Ideal number 1 contenders fight. Is he good to go by August?

Jacare and Luke Rockhold would make for a good co main event for the labor day card August 30th.. and hopefully jones signs so we can the rematch with Gus..

Back