Jacare not happy that Hendo was picked. Hopes to fight @ 204

I can see the argument from your point of view (although I disagree), but how is it you fail to see the other side of the argument (which is obvious to almost everyone else)?

It has nothing to do with favouritism (which seems to be your argument), it's about wanting to see the best and most deserved fighters fighting for the belt.

The difference between Bisping vs Jacare and Bisping vs Hendo 2 is at least 100K ppv buys bare minimum.

The UFC knows Hendo ain't gonna be around much longer. Of course they're gonna milk that cow one last time.

The Ufc knows the real money is Camozzi v Jacare 3: Camozzi's Revenge

What is Jacare like 38? I think he could defend the title a few times, but Dana wanted to throw Bisping a bone for being a company man all these years. I'd like to see Luke vs Souza 2 on that same card, but they probably won't make it

The difference between Bisping vs Jacare and Bisping vs Hendo 2 is at least 100K ppv buys bare minimum.

The UFC knows Hendo ain't gonna be around much longer. Of course they're gonna milk that cow one last time.

Yeah I'm not arguing the decision based on money, but based on legitimacy of the belt and wanting to see the best and most deserved fighters fight for the belt (something you don't always get in boxing and which is, or was, one of the advantages of having organizations in MMA).

Obviously the UFC are a business and are in it purely to make as much money as they can, but at the same time they want to convince people this is a legit sport and that the belt and the ranking system actually matters.

Fact is Hendo is good money. Have you ever seen how every crowd goes completely nuts over him? Jacare is not good money period.

But he's not. Henderson PPV's generally do terrible sales.

UFC 161 - 140,000
UFC 139 - 290,000
UFC 93 - 350,000
UFC 82 - 325,000

how hard is it to understand why Hendo is getting the shot?

history with current champ
legend of the sport
was about to retire until this opportunity came up, meaning he has exactly one fight left
Jacare is not on some "Beaten everybody" run, he just lost a fight ago, if Romero wasnt suspended Jacare wouldnt be getting a title shot just yet anyway
rankings are unofficial**********
UFC has NO history of going by rankings for title shots, its always been a decision based on money/fan intrest
Bisping has been a company dog his entire career, this is his one chance to avenge that brutal KO

now compare that to reasons they might give the shot to Jacare

he beat Vitor, who pulled guard and gave the win to Jacare
hes brazilian and they have a shortage of them that are champs despite being a huge market

romero the guy who beat him should be the one getting the title shot but whatever he shouldn't have pulled out with a sore knee it's likely he'd be the champion right now.

Romero would have been the one fighting Rockhold at 199 to begin with had he not failed his drug test two weeks after the Jacare fight.

It's gonna be jacare vs weidman and romero vs rockhold. Just based on the rankings and that none of them have anything scheduled. Those are 2 sick fights that I would love to see. I could see weidman jacare headlining a fox card really.

Cant wait for hendo to pull out cause Gegard Vitor is co main and Mousasi will be the one to slip in and grab that title shot......and make mince meat out of the count in London and NEW middleweight champion of the world,
Gegard Mousasi.

Hendo is a bigger draw than Jacare.

Jacare vs Romero 2 happens once Hendo vacates his belt.

I like Romero vs. Jacare 2, or a fight with Rockhold (winner gets a shot at Bisping/Hendo winner).

Jacare is gonna fight for the belt soon. Just a matter of time

Not a "money fight". Sorry Renaldo.

romero the guy who beat him should be the one getting the title shot but whatever he shouldn't have pulled out with a sore knee it's likely he'd be the champion right now.
Romero the PED using dirty fighter that robbed Jacare? Nah

Back