Jacare is the best grappler of all time, not Khabib or Maia

He is the most merited Grappler to have competed in MMA. He even won a majority in absolute weight classes
Roger Gracie and Marcelo Garcia are the most merited grapplers to have competed in MMA, and it's not close.

I meant the UFC.
hi-res-7484910_crop_north.jpg

Maia couldn't even take down Anderson Silva
He has more submissions in MMA than Jacare and hasn't been submitted unlike Jacare. I thought you were talking about sub grappling not wrestling. Besides Anderson has good TDD.

Unemployed
How old are you?

Name a UFC fighter with more absolute division world titles
Neither the UFC, nor any of the major mma orgs have an absolute division.
No, seriously. Before you make a thread, make sure you know what you are asking.
I am not even talking about you not knowing the rules of the ufc section like before, I forgive you for that.

If you are asking about grappling credentials outside of mma, then probably Rodolfo Viera should also be in the discussion since he is literally in the ufc(according to the rules you made up in your head)... why did you even put khabib in there instead? or even maia?

idk, this thread is unfixable garbage... no offense...

Secondly, when making a thread like this, also you should be specific about what you mean by best, most accomplished by medals? most accomplished by beating big name? in the ufc? in pure grappling?

I am willing to teach you how to be a better TS. sign up now to my online zoom course in Shertardology, and get a discount.

Medal record
Representing
22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png
Brazil
Submission Wrestling
ADCC World Championship

16px-Silver_medal_icon_%28S_initial%29.svg.png
2003 Sao Paulo -88kg
2005 Long Beach Absolute
16px-Gold_medal_icon_%28G_initial%29.svg.png
2005 Long Beach -88kg
2009 Barcelona Superfight
2011 Nottingham Superfight
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
World Jiu-Jitsu Championship

2001 Rio de Janeiro Absolute
2001 Rio de Janeiro -82kg
2002 Rio de Janeiro Absolute
2002 Rio de Janeiro -88kg
2003 Rio de Janeiro Absolute
2003 Rio de Janeiro -88kg
2004 Rio de Janeiro Absolute
2004 Rio de Janeiro -88kg
2005 Rio de Janeiro Absolute
2005 Rio de Janeiro -88kg

Merit in BJJ is ok but imo its about iplementation into MMA. If you go by that its Demian Maia by a landslide. The guy was as deadly in MMA as he was in BJJ as soon as it went to the ground more
like any other fighter with bjj background including Jacare. Demian toyed with high level black belts like he would spar with a child.

People forget that even in his loss to Shields he was 35 years old and came with an extensive career in bjj. After that prime Jacare also was quite the force absolutely.

I don’t think TS has made a good argument in any single one of those. Ban.

I sense the spectrum. I don't mean that meanly either.

Maia couldn't even take down Anderson Silva

You say you've been watching MMA since 2010 but think not being able to takedown Anderson is a sleight on your grappling skills. When you're facing one of the top few MMA strikers of all time it's difficult to close distance without getting KTFO. Likewise, it's hard to get a KO if your opponent is on another level of grappling than you. Surely you understand this stylistic dynamic right? Even Hendo got finished by Anderson and he did get a takedown.

Back