Jab Sparring

Zabit 145 Goat

Who iz nyext?
Banned
Reaction score
Some videos of me doing some light jab sparring.

I got into boxing about 3,4 years ago but only go for a 1-on-1 session once a week since that's really all I can afford and well, I have a family and other goals to achieve.

I'd like to compete a little bit amateur once I'm ready for it .

What do I need to improve the most and how should I go about it?
All tips and criticism is welcome but don't post just to talk shit.

I'm the white guy lol.

Some videos of me doing some light jab and lead hand sparring.

I got into boxing about 3,4 years ago but only go for a 1-on-1 session once a week since that's really all I can afford and well, I have a family and other goals to achieve.

I'd like to compete a little bit amateur once I'm ready for it .

What do I need to improve the most and how should I go about it?
All tips and criticism is welcome but don't post just to talk shit.

I'm the white guy lol.

Which UFC event are you training for, breh?

Good on ya for sharing. You are a bit awkward in your movement and you lift your chin when you start exchanging, the normal issues people have at that level. Hespect

Good on ya for sharing. You are a bit awkward in your movement and you lift your chin when you start exchanging, the normal issues people have at that level. Hespect

Cool, thank u brotha. What do u mean a bit awkward in movement? Something specific to fix/work on?

Cool, thank u brotha. What do u mean a bit awkward in movement? Something specific to fix/work on?
Sometimes your lunges and head movement get you off balance in the clip. May be a side effect of only working off the jab and avoiding his.

you need to work on your stance and footwork, bro. Its all over the show

A sherdogger who actually train. This makes me happy

Agreed, ballsy posting videos on Sherdog, especially in the heavies, lol.

Definitely alot to work on with the footwork though, need to slide and pivot more than hop in like that and the feet are way to close together and all most crossing at times.

Need to rotate through the shoulder more and keep the jab sharp and tight to get more speed and pop, looks like he's just throwing it straight out instead of rotating the wrist.

Also needs to tuck the chin better and move his head off line but shit takes time.

Keep at it TS, lots of shadow Boxing and just working on moving your feet more fluidly instead of being so hoppy moving in and out and NEVER bring your feet together, practise makes perfect dude (or as close too it as you can get anyway, haha).

Agreed, ballsy posting videos on Sherdog, especially in the heavies, lol.

Definitely alot to work on with the footwork though, need to slide and pivot more than hop in like that and the feet are way to close together and all most crossing at times.

Need to rotate through the shoulder more and keep the jab sharp and tight to get more speed and pop, looks like he's just throwing it straight out instead of rotating the wrist.

Also needs to tuck the chin better and move his head off line but shit takes time.

Keep at it TS, lots of shadow Boxing and just working on moving your feet more fluidly instead of being so hoppy moving in and out and NEVER bring your feet together, practise makes perfect dude (or as close too it as you can get anyway, haha).

Thank you man, I appreciate it.
I was expecting to eat a few roasts but figured fuck it maybe I'll get some nice tips and shit.

I'm gonna keep at it and polish everything up. Its just tough when you have a full time job, school and are married with 2 babies you know, lol.

Excited to progress though. Maybe I post my first amateur match on here when the time comes.

Sorry bro Im not gonna post a vid of myself doing drills but take a couple beginners classes, they tend to focus on stance and balance.

Thank you man, I appreciate it.
I was expecting to eat a few roasts but figured fuck it maybe I'll get some nice tips and shit.

I'm gonna keep at it and polish everything up. Its just tough when you have a full time job, school and are married with 2 babies you know, lol.

Excited to progress though. Maybe I post my first amateur match on here when the time comes.
Awesome. Yeah I started with Boxing when I was 8 and as much as I still love it at 38 time to train is harder and harder to come by but even if you never fight its still a great workout and a worthwhile skill. Having a bag at home always helps as does shadow Boxing and just working on your footwork when you have spar time around the house. Every little bit helps dude, best of luck to you, cheers.

Already developed a more proficient jab than Stefan Struve.

Back