Jab KO In UFC?

Anderson had stone hands.
He finished other guys similarly. Okami comes to mind but i may be wrong as Im taking a shit right now and wont check it
A jab doesnt Pack enough power to completely put someone out. Thats why its a fast punch and the one you use the most. Sometimes the combination of movement Plus jab connecting in a crítical place may end in a knock down, as we are seeing some mentioned here

Not a KO but still nice knockdown

ufc-144-hunt-knocks-down-kongo.gif

gsp-jab-2-punch.gif

The jab is the most effective punch in boxing/mma it can set up so many other punches and techniques disrupt timing and win fights alone. To be on the receiving end of a stiff jab is not pretty either makes your eyez water, your nose tingle & sting sometimes you get the sensation you want to sneeze, your ears ring, and it jars your time like you lost a couple of seconds in that jab and you quickly try to refocus before the next one.

Winning by KO doesn’t mean you have to put your opponent unconscious.
He dropped him, and he was not able to continue after that. It's a KO. A TKO is still a KO.
But people constantly say Silva knocked him out with a jab. It's not that they're saying "Silva won via KO/TKO" they're claiming he knocked him unconscious with a jab. I cant count how many times I've listened to people talk about how incredible it is that Silva knocked him out with a jab like that.

Cerrone knocked down Barboza with a jab then sunk in a rear naked choke immediately after it

Diaz' stoppage of Lawler
giphy.gif

Came looking for this. It's a weird punch, half way between a jab and a hook. He seems to throw it straight out like a jab but then bends the elbow and hooks it at the last second. Caught Robbie totally off guard. Really shocking face plant KO.

I dont know why people say Anderson KO'd Forest... it's pretty clear he gave up, he's not out. He's on the ground waiving his hand saying no more. Obviously it dropped him, and made him quit. But to say he KO'd him seems weird.
That was a rigged fight. Overacting and overselling by Forrest gave it away.

But people constantly say Silva knocked him out with a jab. It's not that they're saying "Silva won via KO/TKO" they're claiming he knocked him unconscious with a jab. I cant count how many times I've listened to people talk about how incredible it is that Silva knocked him out with a jab like that.

I knockout is just that. Someone is unable to continue due to damage from blows they take. I don't see anyone saying that it knocked him cold. Finished by any strike is a KO. If you want to parse it to mean something else, that's fine for you, but I don't see other people using your own particular definition.

45.gif

He didn't finish Okami here but he dropped him pretty bad.

I dont know why people say Anderson KO'd Forest... it's pretty clear he gave up, he's not out. He's on the ground waiving his hand saying no more. Obviously it dropped him, and made him quit. But to say he KO'd him seems weird.

I agree 100%.

Back