J Sho Mundials Preview & Stats

Surprised not to see Keenan further in his division, surprised to see Faria losing to Simoes, real surprised not to see Cavaca's name in the semis after closing out last year with Xexa.

Still, really enjoyable read!

Jsho, that was a great write up. I'm surprised that you picked Satoshi over Lepri. The last time they met (@ the 2012 World Pro) the match was very close. Without Lo in the division I see an Alliance close out.

Great summary and analysis! Thank you.

I see Bruno, Gui, Rafa, Langhi, Lo, Braulio, Galvao, Rodolfi and Buchecha all being the world champs.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rodolfo beats Buchecha in the open; he seems to be improving faster than Marcus.

PS. Go Miyao bros

Interesting you have Santana beating Keenan. I don't see it. I think Keenan will make it to the semis and lose to Braulio or Barral (don't know which he'd fight, haven't seen the brackets).

Agreed. Didn't Keenan nearly beat (a lot of people thought he did) Barral at ADCC? I can see him doing it. We shall see.

Barral is a completely different best in gi. Kyle Griffin beat him nogi

Barral is a completely different best in gi. Kyle Griffin beat him nogi

Barral didn't quite look like himself after his surgery for a while though, although I do agree that he is a whole new monster in the gi. But I do think Keenan beat him at ADCC. I'm actually pulling Keenan to win medium heavy, and I wouldn't be 100% surprised if he does.

Would you happen to know what the quarter final match ups are?

Would you happen to know what the quarter final match ups are?

MEN

Quarter finals:

Rooster:

Bruno da Silva Malfacine v J. Brandon Mullins
Jorge Elias Bucaram Santistevan v Luiz Fernando Ribeiro de Andrade

Jo

Back