International J P Morgan Chase owns a ship seized with 1.3 billion in cocaine on it

Hopefully some of it comes up missing.

<5>

just signed up for a chase credit card... the APR must be reflecting this loss, cause dayum!

Figured I would point this out in large, bold lettering since it's the most important line in the second paragraph. JP Morgan owning the ship is literally the smallest part of the story, and shouldn't even be included in the thread title as they had nothing to do with the cocaine being smuggled.

Right! Like Bank of America owns a bunch of cars that have been found with crack in them. I hate to defend banks but...they're banks they lend money based off of collateral.

Just a bad title name for TS.

Where's Lord Jon Snow when you need him?

Ix2z.gif

Can't believe we made it this far w/o a JJ joke.

Asset forfeiture only happens when the asset itself, whether it be property or a car or whatever has been purchased with money made from criminal acts. If you rent out a property that is then used as a grow house by the tenant it cannot be seized because it does not belong to the tenant (although you may be somewhat liable for what happens there depending on the contract). Anyway, the point is that seizure only happens in the case that the proceeds of crime have been used to purchase it.

JP Morgan Chase are on the hook for some big crimes but this is hardly one of them, when you own a shipping company that rents out it's fleet I bet one of the big points in the contract you make people sign is lack of criminal liability f they use it for anything fucked up.

lol will be interesting to see what kind of moves they start making after a few hours of withdrawal. Markets about to go crazay.

The Banksters are at it again and no one will be arrested.

Damn, I'm so jealous!

Above The Law isn't just a Seagal movie!

What else could these fuckin coke heads be hiding?

Ever since cannabis became more mainstream, I've noticed cocaine becoming the new edgy drug. Or maybe I never noticed how many coke heads there are?

Nothing says "rich man's drug" like snorting coke off a toilet paper dispenser in a bathroom! Veeeery classy! Money really can't buy class.

Back