International J P Morgan Chase owns a ship seized with 1.3 billion in cocaine on it

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score
Well someones got to ship the tons of cocaine the bankers snort everyday on Wall Street and in Washington. OK nothing to see here but all the BS threads with sh&t titles lately figured this story could fit right in.

"
A cargo ship that was seized last month with nearly 20 tons of cocaine on board — with an estimated street value of $1.3 billion — belongs to JP Morgan Chase, a source familiar with the situation confirmed to CBS News. U.S. Customs and Border Protection said this was the largest vessel ever seized in the agency's 230-year history.

The ship, the MSC Gayane, is owned by JP Morgan Asset Management clients through a transportation fund managed by the bank, a source said. JP Morgan leased the ship to Mediterranean Shipping Co., a Switzerland-based shipping company, which is solely responsible for the vessel's crews and operations.

JP Morgan Chase declined to comment on the record. Mediterranean Shipping Co. said in a statement, "Unfortunately, shipping and logistics companies are from time to time affected by trafficking problems." The shipping company said it is cooperating with U.S. law enforcement on the investigation. Neither JP Morgan Chase nor MSC are targets of the criminal investigation."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ship-s...IMaSRmsaUaHlMuh1cPhbQvidMEMdXU2WqFN6yB2lvVUHw

Lawyers, bankers and judges are some of the worst cokeheads you can imagine.

I believe this the first time anyone has smuggled drugs on someone else’s ship.

JP Morgan leased the ship to Mediterranean Shipping Co., a Switzerland-based shipping company, which is solely responsible for the vessel's crews and operations.

Figured I would point this out in large, bold lettering since it's the most important line in the second paragraph. JP Morgan owning the ship is literally the smallest part of the story, and shouldn't even be included in the thread title as they had nothing to do with the cocaine being smuggled.

You'll never guess what happened next!!

Do you think that Asset Forfeiture laws will apply, or will Chase wiggle around that one too?

So, a person's car with more than personal use drugs can get impounded, and even other vehicles/assets can be victims of civil forfeiture

Impound this drug ship and the rest fleet. It could reasonably assumed that it may have been bought with drug money.

Isn't that the litmus normal busted drug dealers are put under?

So, a person's car with more than personal use drugs can get impounded, and even other vehicles/assets can be victims of civil forfeiture

Impound this drug ship and the rest fleet. It could reasonably assumed that it may have been bought with drug money.

Then, asset forfeiture laws would be fast tracked to SCOTUS

I think it's a safe bet that if you had a rental property, and it was being used by the tenant to facilitate a major drug operation, it would be seized. I don't know a whole lot about asset forfeiture though.

I wanna party on that ship, I’m guess all the crew were bug eyed and thirsty AF

Where's Lord Jon Snow when you need him?

Ix2z.gif

The amount of cocaine that's been seized lately hurts my ❤️

I guess that might almost be enough for their Corporate and Investment Bank division.

This really isn’t even big news imo. Remember when HSBC was caught laundering close to a billion dollars worth of drug cartel money.

Nice to see some of the liberal posters here becoming self aware.

A major investment firm and Bank has a 'ship' that get's caught with a billion dollars worth of drugs. Hmm.

The amount of cocaine that's been seized lately hurts my ❤️

The amount of cocaine that you have snorted also hurts your heart. Seems like cocaine is a source of heart pain regardless.

Back