J.K. Rowling megathread

Hadron90

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huff...nsphobic-remarks_uk_5f646599c5b6480e896ca871/

An Australian bookstore has banned JK Rowling’s books from its shelves because of her comments about trans people made online and claims that her latest novel is transphobic.

Rabble Books and Games, in the Maylands suburb of Perth, said in a Facebook post it will not stock novels from the author’s crime-writer pseudonym, Robert Galbraith, and has started to phase out Harry Potter titles in order to make the store a “safer space”.

Advertisement
Customers can still order the children’s series from the shop, but the titles won’t appear on the shelves and profits will be donated to Trans Folk WA.

Bookstores are starting to ban Harry Potter books, and the publisher of the new Hogwarts game is publically distancing themselves from her. I've also seen that other authors are boycotting her book publisher and refusing to work with them.

How do we all feel about cancelling Rowling?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huff...nsphobic-remarks_uk_5f646599c5b6480e896ca871/

Bookstores are starting to ban Harry Potter books, and the publisher of the new Hogwarts game is publically distancing themselves from her. I've also seen that other authors are boycotting her book publisher and refusing to work with them.

I'm fine with it. The Harry Potter books and movies suck.

EDIT: The games suck too, and I'll throw her cult of followers too.

Never read a single book of hers, never watched any movie based on any of her books.

So, I don't care if she gets cancelled.

Remember when she was banned by the religious right because she wrote about wizards?

Also, do people still go to bookstores? I thought Amazon killed them all.

it would be funny if her fans and others who are sick of this nonsense boycott those bookstores and their revenues plummet .. to these businesses, you’re not speaking for all of us

Remember when she was banned by the religious right because she wrote about wizards?

Also, do people still go to bookstores? I thought Amazon killed them all.

I do. Its one of the reasons I always try to draw attention to the parallels between modern cancel culture and the Christian right of the 90's/2000's.

I do. Its one of the reasons I always try to draw attention to the parallels between modern cancel culture and the Christian right of the 90's/2000's.

Have to agree here... Cancel culture has it's roots in the hard core religious right. I hate they get lumped into Convervatives.... But both sides have their idiots.

Does she still get royalties?

WB said they can't comment her on contract because of an NDA. I saw another article that said typically these types of projects are licensed on a fixed fee, not continuing royalities. So she probably simply got paid up front, and if they want to do another project, they'll have to pay up front for that too, instead of continuing royalities.

What she said isn’t even that bad. The overly pc backlash is so ridiculous but it is the book seller’s prerogative to choose to not carry the book. Amazon still will, and amazon sells turner diaries and mein kampf.

And Daniel Radcliffe stayed that trans women are women. Ok, Harry, go bang one then. And I refer to trans people as they prefer to be called, but that doesn’t mean I would sleep with a trans person-not my cup o tea.

What she said isn’t even that bad. The overly pc backlash is so ridiculous but it is the book seller’s prerogative to choose to not carry the book. Amazon still will, and amazon sells turner diaries and mein kampf.

And Daniel Radcliffe stayed that trans women are women. Ok, Harry, go bang one then. And I refer to trans people as they prefer to be called, but that doesn’t mean I would sleep with a trans person-not my cup o tea.

InB4 retard lefty says: "TRANSPHOBE !!!"

The ALPHABET NAZIS with their book burning like the dumb intolerant fascists they are.

portland-antifa-burns-bible-american-flag-like-nazi-germany-fascists.jpg

Have to agree here... Cancel culture has it's roots in the hard core religious right. I hate they get lumped into Convervatives.... But both sides have their idiots.

evidence?

^ note, we are talking about canceling people not censorship, but even then you would be wrong

Back