J.J. Ambrose: "I'm picking DC because of how well he does against Cain (in sparring)"

And lets not forget that he finished him with illegal strikes to the back of the head, and instead of getting disqualified he got the W. Herb Dean should've been punished severely for that fight.

Fedor got KO'd by a MW... get over it.

dc might get flash ko'd in round 1

or he might beat the shit out of jones for 3 or 4 rounds

pretty much a 50/50 chance

jones should be atleast 2-1 favorite though

cormier hasn't beat any top 5 LHW, any strikers, or any fast top 20(what i mean is, cummins was fast but totally unranked) lol

still a beast though but cmon. and i hate jones

yeah cormier has beat lots of big, strong, SLOW heavyweights with minimal striking (mir, barnett, bigfoot...) but take fedor into consideration- destroyed HWs his whole career, then fought a 200 pounder in dan henderson (who i picked to win when nobody else did even with fedor on the decline) and didnt have a speed advantage. now cormier did ragdoll hendo but lets be honest hendo is past his prime and DC is a bad matchup for a slow, small guy like him. But jones is fast and long and more flexible these days so its gonna be totaly different

started rambling there but u get the picture

p.s. call me crazy but hendo is gonna make another run at MW

It seems like you are only looking at one side of the equation.

Yes, while Cormier walked through highly ranked Heavyweights AND walked through LHW's (even legends like Dan Henderson)

Jon Jones has never fought anyone like Cormier. He has fought mostly guys with bodytypes that are able to suck down to MW (Machida, Belfort, Sonnen) And guys with nowhere near the level of wrestling that Cormier brings (Gustaffson, Texiera, Rampage)

Hes never fought a bigger guy with Olympic level wrestling.

Neither of them have beat anyone that closely resembles the other fighter, so your reasoning for why the odds should be greater is actually pretty foolish reasoning.

Cain and Jones haven't fought at 205 or any weight. Why is this so relevant?

This is why, this fight is the most important fight in the history of the world.

Let's not get TOO carried away here. It's a huge fight. I have been wanting to see this fight for at least 2 years. Even before DC dropped to LHW. But, let's not lose grip on perspective. History of the world? Really?

[YT]CH_Js_5SpB8[/YT]

iverson-3-1-620x400.jpg

I agree with his analysis.

that is a retarded statement

hendo KO'd him legally, then when fedor was faceplant ko'd on his face, hendo woke him back up with shots to the back of the head ONLY because they were up against the cage. hendo was aiming for fedors face/side of head but his face was too busy kissing the mat. fight was pretty much over tho either way

fedor, when in la-la land, turned the wrong way (with the back of his head going into hendos punches)

all this happened in like 1 second

"he finished him with illegal strikes to the back of the head" sorry dude but fedor was done

il04CG.gif

Everyone can punch a guy who's on all four with his back turned. Fedor won the mano-a-mano fight, knocking Hendo on his ass.

And yes, Hendo probably should've been disqualified for illegal strikes, even if the first (legal) strike knocked Fedor down. Fedor knocked Hendo down first. Might as well have stopped the fight there, then.

It was nice that Hendo was able to use the cage to reverse Fedor, but considering Fedor wasn't used to fighting in a cage, it wasn't that impressive TBH.

Last edited:
that is a retarded statement

hendo KO'd him legally, then when fedor was faceplant ko'd on his face, hendo woke him back up with shots to the back of the head ONLY because they were up against the cage. hendo was aiming for fedors face/side of head but his face was too busy kissing the mat. fight was pretty much over tho either way

fedor, when in la-la land, turned the wrong way (with the back of his head going into hendos punches)

all this happened in like 1 second

"he finished him with illegal strikes to the back of the head" sorry dude but fedor was done

il04CG.gif

Its pretty easy to see that the first punch Hendo through after escaping and taking Fedor's back was the one that knocked Fedor out. Fedor faceplanted after that, then came the back of the head shots that helped wake him up.

Hendo legitimately KOed Fedor. I dont see how this is disputed so much...

Nam Phan picked Cormier. Fucking kiss of death right there

Back