J.J. Ambrose: "I'm picking DC because of how well he does against Cain (in sparring)"

167.gif

Pros pick DC over bones. I feel DC will win this...BUT I dunno man, going to be tough.

dc might get flash ko'd in round 1

or he might beat the shit out of jones for 3 or 4 rounds

pretty much a 50/50 chance

jones should be atleast 2-1 favorite though

cormier hasn't beat any top 5 LHW, any strikers, or any fast top 20(what i mean is, cummins was fast but totally unranked) lol

still a beast though but cmon. and i hate jones

yeah cormier has beat lots of big, strong, SLOW heavyweights with minimal striking (mir, barnett, bigfoot...) but take fedor into consideration- destroyed HWs his whole career, then fought a 200 pounder in dan henderson (who i picked to win when nobody else did even with fedor on the decline) and didnt have a speed advantage. now cormier did ragdoll hendo but lets be honest hendo is past his prime and DC is a bad matchup for a slow, small guy like him. But jones is fast and long and more flexible these days so its gonna be totaly different

started rambling there but u get the picture

p.s. call me crazy but hendo is gonna make another run at MW

I think Cormier would beat Cain in a match, and if not, it would be darn close as they are so similar in style. Cormier is a better athlete, achieved much more than Cain in wrestling but both I feel could be interchanged. This is why, this fight is the most important fight in the history of the world. It is the first time we get to see who is the best fighter on the face of the planet. One could also make the argument for Fedor v B-Nog but that was when MMA was still in it's relative infancy with more 1 dimensional traditional martial artists, dispersed w/out a consolidated fighting league.

This is the first bout where we have two A plus level athletes, undefeated and fighting each other in the modern age of MMA. The implications and historic value CANNOT be understated, in that sense, it is very similar to UFC 1, that the world will find out who/what is the best, except this time, we find out who is the baddest mutha fucka to ever walk the face of the earth.

So incredibly psyched, cannot frickin' wait for Saturday evening to come!

By what? A detached light fixture falling from the ceiling?
Jones has zero KO power.

some sneaky straight punches cormier will accidentally step into, followed by elbows and early stoppage

yeah cormier has beat lots of big, strong, SLOW heavyweights with minimal striking (mir, barnett, bigfoot...) but take fedor into consideration- destroyed HWs his whole career, then fought a 200 pounder in dan henderson (who i picked to win when nobody else did even with fedor on the decline) and didnt have a speed advantage.

Fedor won the striking battle where that speed advantage should've mattered. Hendo didn't win because of speed. He won because of a one-in-a-million scramble where Fedor made a horrible mistake, placing himself on all four.

jj ambrose? isn't that the girl that dated kanye and married wiz khailfa?

some sneaky straight punches cormier will accidentally step into, followed by elbows and early stoppage
Yeah because DC doesn't eat them from Cain and all his previous fights with the HW's!You know what I think, JJ has been lucky so far that no one went full force on him, Evans, Jackson and Gus were a little gun-shy, but DC is going all out like Chael and this time Jones' whole body is at risk of breaking and not only his toe!

Pros pick DC over bones. I feel DC will win this...BUT I dunno man, going to be tough.

Exactly, bro! I was all about DC at first but the closer we get to blast off, I have no idea!

We have not seen either one of these guys hit their ceiling. Never seen DC look mortal, barely seen JJ look mortal but I really think he lost his fire after demolishing everything in his path up to Gus. This is the rare time we see UFC put together a fight that they have historically missed putting together when guys are in their prime (Fedor v Brock, Silva Bones/Silva GSP etc..) I am sick to death of UFC guarding top talent, feeding them tailor matched opponents for the sake of hyping, padding records brain washing sheeple and making money off incredibly dumb people. If UFC put matches on like this more often, MMA would be soooo much bigger. People are starting to see thru their BS and this fight is a start in the right direction.

In 2015-16 I want JJ vs Cain, GSP vs Silva, Weidman vs Saturday's winner, Aldo vs Pettis/Conor vs Pettis, Ronda vs Cyborg (45),....we deserve more super fights

Fedor won the striking battle where that speed advantage should've mattered. Hendo didn't win because of speed. He won because of a one-in-a-million scramble where Fedor made a horrible mistake, placing himself on all four.

And lets not forget that he finished him with illegal strikes to the back of the head, and instead of getting disqualified he got the W. Herb Dean should've been punished severely for that fight.

I don't ever put stock in pros picks.. Usually on the list are guys that have an affiliation with one fighter..

And when you see something like this..

Nam Phan: Cormier -- however he wants to win.

That's worth a laugh..

He doesn't "get the better" of him, fool. He "does well", meaning he doesn't get destroyed.

By what? A detached light fixture falling from the ceiling?
Jones has zero KO power.

HAHA!!! Jones has pillow fists like Forrest Griffin. Has Jones ever one punch KO'd anyone? Certainly hasn't KO'd any high level fighters. Jones barely has multiple punch TKO power.

And lets not forget that he finished him with illegal strikes to the back of the head, and instead of getting disqualified he got the W. Herb Dean should've been punished severely for that fight.

that is a retarded statement

hendo KO'd him legally, then when fedor was faceplant ko'd on his face, hendo woke him back up with shots to the back of the head ONLY because they were up against the cage. hendo was aiming for fedors face/side of head but his face was too busy kissing the mat. fight was pretty much over tho either way

fedor, when in la-la land, turned the wrong way (with the back of his head going into hendos punches)

all this happened in like 1 second

"he finished him with illegal strikes to the back of the head" sorry dude but fedor was done

il04CG.gif

Back