J.J. Aldrich vs. Polyana Viana

I mean, I liked the fight. I thought little ginger chick showed some heart and crisp boxing for wmma standards when she let her hands go. But hey, that's just my opinion.

Andrade was basically next for Rose, if she wins there shouldnt be any other fight for her, specially no JJ title eliminator rematch.

Don't bother with him, he's just a Rose hater. Doesn't mean he won't avoid logic to do so.

It's JJ Aldrich not J.J. by the way.

My guess someone in the hierarchy doesn't like wmma. Of course L.A. is where the Endeavour suits hang out and being Hollywood types they're signed up to the feminist agenda. How to convince them to dump wmma? Well don't put on a decent scrap, Andrade v Karolina for example, no, put on one of the least ppv worthy scraps you can find. Then you can say to the suits, see we told you, wmma sucks, hurts the bottom line.

It won't work though as the girl bouts on 228 are going to be great.

I agree the fights will be good, but will UFC 228 draw numbers?
Not a question I usually care to care for but I suppose it's becoming a bit crucial at this stage. Not just a problem for the women's divisions either.

I'm surprised they didn't put Irene vs Bethe on the main card of this event instead, it promised to be a fun fight, and Bethe is a 'name' fighter, unlike Aldrich or Viana.

I mean, I liked the fight. I thought little ginger chick showed some heart and crisp boxing for wmma standards when she let her hands go. But hey, that's just my opinion.

Well, you can tell she has really benefited from being part of Rose's camp. Not so much in the striking or whatever, because I honestly don't have any idea how good she was before lol. However, her clinch game and especially submission defense on the ground was good. For as trash as that Viana's stand up looked, she is ridiculously highly qualified on the ground by everything they listed and her MMA record thus far.

It's JJ Aldrich not J.J. by the way.

My guess someone in the hierarchy doesn't like wmma. Of course L.A. is where the Endeavour suits hang out and being Hollywood types they're signed up to the feminist agenda. How to convince them to dump wmma? Well don't put on a decent scrap, Andrade v Karolina for example, no, put on one of the least ppv worthy scraps you can find. Then you can say to the suits, see we told you, wmma sucks, hurts the bottom line.

It won't work though as the girl bouts on 228 are going to be great.

No, they did it with a mens fight and a womens fight. Put fights with two people ranked outside the top 10 that ended up being kinda sloppy, with some impressive parts if you pay attention. I'd say a really impressive part from this womens fight was the excellent gameplan they came up for Aldrich to tire out Viana in the clinch. Commentators questioned it, but it affected her rudimentary standup, but more importantly it weakened her very high level BJJ.

Don't bother with him, he's just a Rose hater. Doesn't mean he won't avoid logic to do so.
I'm no longer bothered with you, guy who constantly avoids logic. 4 contenders 6 months ago, now theres zero, it's fact. They are doing poor job.
Nonranked wmma fighters should be in prelims, and only top 5 wmma should be part of main card. It's crazy that this fight was part of main card with DJ, Cejudo,TJ. It was clearly to hype brazilian chick, but she doesn't have wrestling or standup, yet they thought hmmm Aldrich was smoked by Suarez, then hhmm she should be smoked by bjj champion. Suarez is high level wrestler, Viana is not, and Aldrich with all respect for her is no high level in anything. I was ashamed to watch this crap with my cousins, who are casuals.
They pushing chicks based on look not based on martial skills, and this fight was pinnacle of this absurd.

I'm no longer bothered with you, guy who constantly avoids logic. 4 contenders 6 months ago, now theres zero, it's fact. They are doing poor job.
Nonranked wmma fighters should be in prelims, and only top 5 wmma should be part of main card. It's crazy that this fight was part of main card with DJ, Cejudo,TJ. It was clearly to hype brazilian chick, but she doesn't have wrestling or standup, yet they thought hmmm Aldrich was smoked by Suarez, then hhmm she should be smoked by bjj champion. Suarez is high level wrestler, Viana is not, and Aldrich with all respect for her is no high level in anything. I was ashamed to watch this crap with my cousins, who are casuals.
They pushing chicks based on look not based on martial skills, and this fight was pinnacle of this absurd.

This is why you are a hater. There are the same amount of contenders there were. Nobody dropped off lol. Also, why aren't you complaining about the same exact type of men's fight that took place right before it? At least there was some actual strategy being displayed in the women's fight.

Back