Izzy's coach gives him way to duck outta Jones fight: 'Its not up to Israel'

Stipe and Israel are the same height and have the same reach. Israel's much faster, and a way better striker. And Stipe's not getting Israel down so how can he even win?
You do realize there is more to the size of a human, especially men, than height and reach...right? If you met both of these people in person perhaps this would become clear for you. Stipe would ragdoll Adesanya and even if he used zero grappling could wobble Adesanya with a stiff jab on the button. That you've gone to such lengths to defend this position is just peculiar.

You do realize there is more to the size of a human, especially men, than height and reach...right? If you met both of these people in person perhaps this would become clear for you. Stipe would ragdoll Adesanya and even if he used zero grappling could wobble Adesanya with a stiff jab on the button. That you've gone to such lengths to defend this position is just peculiar.

It's called playing devil's advocate. Counter arguments can be fun. Isn't that the whole reason we on this forum to discuss stuff. Why even allow this thread to go on if were aren't even allowed discuss the argument against traditional wisdom? I think it's far more amusing then 10 pages of everyone circle jerking each other. Wouldn't you agree?

Yes, Stipe should rightfully be a sizable favorite in such a scenario but personally, I think the argument for the underdog is amusing. Sue me.

The size difference gives Stipe a massive power difference however Adesanya should have a massive speed advantage. I don't think that is crazy to assume. And considering Adesanya's overall striking defense is pretty damn good, I generally think Stipe would have trouble landing clean on him. Another assumption I don't is crazy. Adesanya is theory should also be significantly more skilled than Stipe when it comes to stand up.

The real issue is the wrestling/grappling. Technically, Adesanya TDD is on point however he'd lack the physicality to really apply it. Stipe has a purple belt vs Izzy's blue belt. He also has that wrestling background as NCAA champ.

So the strategy would be to rely on reflexes to evade them outright? Or perhaps to stall hoping for a ref break up? I'd be amused to see what the team at CKB would attempt. I'm pretty sure Stipe would spam take downs.

Last edited:
Israel is the more SKILLED fighter. He beats Stipe because he's better almost everywhere. Stipe may have the weight advantage, but that just means he'll be slower. And yeah, IMO there are fighters in lower divisions I think could beat DC.

Post after post, you love up to your AV. Party on Patrick

It's called playing devil's advocate. Counter arguments can be fun. Isn't that the whole reason we on this forum to discuss stuff. Why even allow this thread to go on if were aren't even allowed discuss the argument against traditional wisdom? I think it's far more amusing then 10 pages of everyone circle jerking each other. Wouldn't you agree?

Yes, Stipe should rightfully be a sizable favorite in such a scenario but personally, I think the argument for the underdog is amusing. Sue me.

The size difference gives Stipe a massive power difference however Adesanya should have a massive speed advantage. I don't think that is crazy to assume. And considering Adesanya's overall striking defense is pretty damn good, I generally think Stipe would have trouble landing clean on him. Another assumption I don't is crazy. Adesanya is theory should also be significantly more skilled than Stipe when it comes to stand up.

The real issue is the wrestling/grappling. Technically, Adesanya TDD is on point however he'd lack the physicality to really apply it. Stipe has a purple belt vs Izzy's blue belt. He also has that wrestling background as NCAA champ.

So the strategy would be to rely on reflexes to evade them outright? Or perhaps to stall hoping for a ref break up? I'd be amused to see what the team at CKB would attempt. I'm pretty sure Stipe would spam take downs.
To say Stipe is an easy fight for Adesanya, which is the original position I was puzzled on, is an extreme outlier opinion and borderline trolling to most sensible minds. I'm all for creating discourse and debate with well-founded points and a measure of perspective, as you did to some extent in your post, but the poster I replied to didn't do any of that - it was just "Adesanya faster, Stipe slower, Adesanya EZ win" which is an asinine assessment.

To address your assessment, I actually don't think Stipe would shy away from standing with Adesanya as much as you seem to. I think it's interesting you assume Izzy's speed (and thus evasiveness) will be translated wholesale to heavyweight with no incurred deficit. I feel otherwise.

To say Stipe is an easy fight for Adesanya, which is the original position I was puzzled on, is an extreme outlier opinion and borderline trolling to most sensible minds. I'm all for creating discourse and debate with well-founded points and a measure of perspective, as you did to some extent in your post, but the poster I replied to didn't do any of that - it was just "Adesanya faster, Stipe slower, Adesanya EZ win" which is an asinine assessment.

To address your assessment, I actually don't think Stipe would shy away from standing with Adesanya as much as you seem to. I think it's interesting you assume Izzy's speed (and thus evasiveness) will be translated wholesale to heavyweight with no incurred deficit. I feel otherwise.

Perfectly said. Coming up with ridiculous absolute statements just for the sake of "discourse" is not fun, it's a complete waste of time. Discussing adesanya's advantages is completely fine as long as we are reasonable in understanding that he'd be going up against some large disadvantages as well.

Israel isn't a big guy. Anyone who worked with HWs before in the gym know that they don't have to be the best skilled folks but they can do simple moves and take you down rather easily.

To say Stipe is an easy fight for Adesanya, which is the original position I was puzzled on.

Misunderstanding. I meant to reply to the guy who called me retard and hit your quote on mistake. I’m posting while working. My bad

Both Adesanya and his coach said if the fight happened he would fight at his current walking weight, hence while I think the speed will be there. Speaking strictly striking Stipe would have a far harder time landing cleanly than Whittaker. IF by some stroke of genius CKB found a way to keep the fight standing Izzy could probably take decision.

Though I struggle to see how they could.

And I think Stipe and his team have shown in the past that opt for the most direct path to victory. Though I believe Stipe would be confident in his stand up I doubt he’d waste time when there is more obvious hole to exploit based on past behavior.

Misunderstanding. I meant to reply to the guy who called me retard and hit your quote on mistake. I’m posting while working. My bad

Both Adesanya and his coach said if the fight happened he would fight at his current walking weight, hence while I think the speed will be there. Speaking strictly striking Stipe would have a far harder time landing cleanly than Whittaker. IF by some stroke of genius CKB found a way to keep the fight standing Izzy could probably take decision.

Though I struggle to see how they could.

And I think Stipe and his team have shown in the past that opt for the most direct path to victory. Though I believe Stipe would be confident in his stand up I doubt he’d waste time when there is more obvious hole to exploit based on past behavior.
No worries on misquote. Yeah, it would be an interesting fight for sure. Many intriguing variables come into play when you take a dynamic striker like Israel and push them up two weight classes against a natural HW with Stipe's skillset. I'd definitely buy the PPV, put it that way.

Also I have a difficult time believing their claims on Izzy's walk-around weight. The guy is pretty lanky and slight as far as a 6'4'' build goes - slighter than Jones, who isn't huge himself. Looking at his frame my eyes tell me he'd be putting some mass on for Stipe. I think it would be a different Izzy at HW, for better or worse.

Let Izzy try and clean out his own division before accusing him of "ducking" higher weighclasses
I agree jones fans seem to so desperately want isreal to fight jones or something when typically we'd complain about fighters not defending.

waiting for jones to be totally washed up..man up and fight jones ASAP..

Israel does not have to fight Jones, Jones has picked on enough middleweights. Let him go and fight at Heavyweight, the real duck here is definitely Jones.
I dont even agree with this, but theres no way isreal can be a duck with out jones being one.

I cant stand the guy already and i dont even know what he looks like. What kinf of fuckin dorky ass coach talks like that... "its up to me, not him, I make the decisions.." STFU bitch. you will be replaced by a manager/coach with some fuckin knowledge soon.

<{walkerwhut}>

waiting for jones to be totally washed up..man up and fight jones ASAP..
I find it weird people are saying this now, Under any other circumstance we'd ask for a few title defenses before we throw champions at eachother.

lmao the punch Whittaker lands on him = easy KO for stripe.

Jones also ain't staying in the pocket with izzy
I didn’t say Stipe, someone else did. That’s a huge size difference. Jones just got lit up by Reyes. Izzy is a better striker. I still would pick Jones, but I give Izzy a chance for sure.

Speaking strictly striking Stipe would have a far harder time landing cleanly than Whittaker
Holy fuck you seriously don't have a clue.

Stipe would have an easier time punching Israel than Robert just by virtue of being 6'4" with his 80" reach. Stipe is also very crisp with his straight punches, he has absolutely zero problem striking at range.

This isn't even taking wrestling into account. Stipe could literally pick Israel up and slam him on his head if he wanted to.

I am not saying I lean towards Israel against Jones, but he’s got a very good chance. Especially after watching that Reyes scrap. 80 inch reach and equal height to Jon. Jon was not that bulky in his last fight. Israel’s striking is incredible, as are his reflexes.

tenor.gif
BelatedDistinctGreyhounddog-size_restricted.gif
Playing devils advocate here.

Israel looks like that when he has a reach and height advantage.
Jones gets barely hit in the face by smaller guys too.

Where are the gifs from the 3rd round?
If Marvin Vettor could take Adesanya down twice and Rob Wilkinson could take him down 3 times only a fucking retard would think that Stipe couldn't take him down whenever he wanted too.

So you're saying that Adesanya is the same fighter he was when he fought Rob Wilkinson, and hasn't improved any aspect of his game whatsoever?

Holy fuck you seriously don't have a clue.

Stipe would have an easier time punching Israel than Robert just by virtue of being 6'4" with his 80" reach. Stipe is also very crisp with his straight punches, he has absolutely zero problem striking at range.

This isn't even taking wrestling into account. Stipe could literally pick Israel up and slam him on his head if he wanted to.

Don't have a clue? Did you read my earlier post at all? What am I missing?

I acknowledged they they have identical height and reach but Stipe is gonna be 30-40 pounds heavier than Style bender. And Adesanya has some if the best evasion/striking defense in the UFC. It's very reasonable to assert that Stipe major speed disadvantage and struggle to hit Adesanya regularly. How do you imagine him being able to handle the speed?

I also acknowledged that Izzy cann't really have any answer for Stipe wrestling other then praying his reflexes are too much for him to get grabbed.

I acknowledged they they have identical height and reach but Stipe is gonna be 30-40 pounds heavier than Style bender. And Adesanya has some if the best evasion/striking defense in the UFC. It's very reasonable to assert that Stipe major speed disadvantage and struggle to hit Adesanya regularly. How do you imagine him being able to handle the speed?

Do you actually watch fights or do you just read stat pages and wiki pages?

You think Israel is going to magically dodge everything Stipe throws just because he's lighter and faster?

Back