Izzy's coach gives him way to duck outta Jones fight: 'Its not up to Israel'

OzoneX

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
“I mean, that’s the thing, it’s not up to Israel,” Bareman told Submission Radio. “I make the decision on the fight. So, come 2021, Israel has to convince me that we should fight Jon Jones. And if I don’t feel that we have to, then it’s not gonna happen. It’s not even Israel’s call.”

images

He also said that he'd rather Israel fight Stipe. I honestly think Israel beats this version of Jones, and of course Stipe pretty easily.

It's hard enough to find Picto let alone fight him.

7BUvocT.jpg

I mean - everyone's always saying fighters should listen to their coaches. So in one way it's true.

But if a fighter it hell bent on something - of course the coach isn't going to be able to stop it.
But then again - most sane fighters would rather listen to their coach than taking on some fight that the coach would quit over.

In the end all I can say is that it's insane to call it "ducking" if a fighter who's not seriously over-sized and has 0 title defences isn't moving up in weight to fight a dominant champ.

He also said that he'd rather Israel fight Stipe. I honestly think Israel beats this version of Jones, and of course Stipe pretty easily.

No man, there's weight classes for a reason.

Israel does not have to fight Jones, Jones has picked on enough middleweights. Let him go and fight at Heavyweight, the real duck here is definitely Jones.

“I mean, that’s the thing, it’s not up to Israel,” Bareman told Submission Radio. “I make the decision on the fight. So, come 2021, Israel has to convince me that we should fight Jon Jones. And if I don’t feel that we have to, then it’s not gonna happen. It’s not even Israel’s call.”

images
I cant stand the guy already and i dont even know what he looks like. What kinf of fuckin dorky ass coach talks like that... "its up to me, not him, I make the decisions.." STFU bitch. you will be replaced by a manager/coach with some fuckin knowledge soon.

No man, there's weight classes for a reason.

Stipe and Israel are the same height and have the same reach. Israel's much faster, and a way better striker. And Stipe's not getting Israel down so how can he even win?

Stipe and Israel are the same height and have the same reach. Israel's much faster, and a way better striker. And Stipe's not getting Israel down so how can he even win?

lmao you don't think Stipe can take Israel down?

lmao you don't think Stipe can take Israel down?

No. Everyone tries to take Israel down. Because of that he has pretty good TDD. And when he can't take him down, would you seriously favor Stipe in a stand up battle with Israel?

I am not saying I lean towards Israel against Jones, but he’s got a very good chance. Especially after watching that Reyes scrap. 80 inch reach and equal height to Jon. Jon was not that bulky in his last fight. Israel’s striking is incredible, as are his reflexes.

tenor.gif
BelatedDistinctGreyhounddog-size_restricted.gif

Let Izzy try and clean out his own division before accusing him of "ducking" higher weighclasses

I am not saying I lean towards Israel against Jones, but he’s got a very good chance. Especially after watching that Reyes scrap. 80 inch reach and equal height to Jon. Jon was not that bulky in his last fight. Israel’s striking is incredible, as are his reflexes.

tenor.gif
BelatedDistinctGreyhounddog-size_restricted.gif
If Izzy can keep it on the feet, this fight gets REAL interesting.

Acting like Israel is his fucking pet is gonna end up getting him one less fighter.

Adesanya would finish Jones right now. Jones has become worse over the past two years, he no longer wants to dominate with grappling, and he is a pretty bad striker who can't even throw basic combinations.

I cant stand the guy already and i dont even know what he looks like. What kinf of fuckin dorky ass coach talks like that... "its up to me, not him, I make the decisions.." STFU bitch. you will be replaced by a manager/coach with some fuckin knowledge soon.
Exactly

I love how you just pretend like weight-classes aren't a thing. Izzy went to war with a 5'6 blown up welterweight but yet you think he can beat Stipe. There's BW's that are taller and have a longer reach than D.C you think they would beat him?

<36>

I love how you just pretend like weight-classes aren't a thing. Izzy went to war with a 5'6 blown up welterweight but yet you think he can beat Stipe. There's BW's that are taller and have a longer reach than D.C you think they would beat him?

<36>

Israel is the more SKILLED fighter. He beats Stipe because he's better almost everywhere. Stipe may have the weight advantage, but that just means he'll be slower. And yeah, IMO there are fighters in lower divisions I think could beat DC.

Back