Izzy vs Costa gonna be Max vs Ortega

xMaxPower

Red Belt
Reaction score
strike count will be 200 to basically 0
corner will throw in the towel for costa.
either that.... or,
costa ends up quitting by curling up into a ball and rocking back and forth...
fk it, might as well go all the way... with his thumb in his mouth.

Last edited:
I mean, I think Izzy will win.

But this is a bad take.

im not serious with the thumb in the mouth thing lol
i do think he'll fold though.
hes going to be taking too many shots in the face and body that itll be too much.
hell gas out and want out.
he aint gonna tap.
so hes gonna fold.
perhaps the corner throws in the towel.
this is probably more likely actually.

Both fighters are gonna be so fired up by Sherdog comments that they're simply gonna come in swinging, just bleed, fuck you, do or die.

This is gonna be a BLOODBATH, and it's gonna be real blood, not fake blood.

All thanks to sherdog.

Ha ha! You guys are such losers for thinking that _______ even has a chance? I bet _________ KO's him inside two rounds. The fact that you think anything different is nothing but ample demonstration of how little you truly know about MMA, unlike me, who has a vast pool of experience and knowledge from which I draw.

Honestly, all I can do is laugh and shake my head in genuine disappointment, bro. _________ doesn't stand a chance and you will all see that on ______ at UFC ___.

Ha ha! You guys are such losers for thinking that _______ even has a chance? I bet _________ KO's him inside two rounds. The fact that you think anything different is nothing but ample demonstration of how little you truly know about MMA, unlike me, who has a vast pool of experience and knowledge from which I draw.

Honestly, all I can do is laugh and shake my head in genuine disappointment, bro. _________ doesn't stand a chance and you will all see that on ______ at UFC ___.

relax, im aware that costa can win.
what i said above is just my prediction.

if Costa is fast enough to land a few calf kicks in the first, then itll be the exact opposite of my prediction.
but I dont think he'll be able too because his kicking range is Izzys punching range, and izzy is fast enough on his feet to slide out of the way from calf kicks.

I think it’ll be more like Izzy/Gastelum

I think Costa will get at least 1 knockdown.

We have a recent foe to compare. Israel Adesanya refused to engage with Yoel and vice versa. Costa walked Israel down without fear. My take away is that Israel didn't trust his chin or defense enough to actively engage with Yoel, again the vice versa is also true.

Meanwhile, Costa fully believed he could win an in the pocket striking battle with Yoel and did exactly that. He even dropped him. Israel can win but he won't bring the excitement. We all need Costa to bring that. Israel is boring and his fights with Yoel and Anderson bear this out. His fights with Gastellum and Whitaker were only exciting because his opponents were willing combatants. However, I think Costa has a better chin at this time than Whitaker and more heart than Kelvin.

Israel's style is a legitimate tough one to beat but lets not pretend he is some monster dude with loads of offensive output. He is Anderson Silva part two and from here out we shall see whether or not he deserves the comparison.

im not serious with the thumb in the mouth thing lol
i do think he'll fold though.
hes going to be taking too many shots in the face and body that itll be too much.
hell gas out and want out.
he aint gonna tap.
so hes gonna fold.
perhaps the corner throws in the towel.
this is probably more likely actually.
I mean, that COULD happen, but by looking at Izzy vs Romero I highly doubt it. Izzy has shown accuracy, yes, but also a phsycological aversion to taking damage. If he was scared of Romero's power, OF COURSE he'll be scared of Costa's. It's hard to tag someone up when you're too scared to even close the distance. I just hope for an exciting fight one-way-or-another. Please god not another Izzy/Romero.

Costa should pull a Yoel for the first minute or so, just to mess with him.

I mean, that COULD happen, but by looking at Izzy vs Romero I highly doubt it. Izzy has shown accuracy, yes, but also a phsycological aversion to taking damage. If he was scared of Romero's power, OF COURSE he'll be scared of Costa's. It's hard to tag someone up when you're too scared to even close the distance. I just hope for an exciting fight one-way-or-another. Please god not another Izzy/Romero.

well romero is someone that waits and lulls you untill the right moment to strike. romero is more about timing.

costa just goes for it though. he goes forward like a tank. it definitely wont be like romero vs izzy. hes not the type to wait for someone to strike. hes the exact opposite of that actually.

Comparing Costa to Ortega... is... weird.

yes it is. i dont mean theyre alike stylistically. im just saying the fight will look similar in that costa will eat a billion shots to the point of some sort of quitting (fold, towel, tap)

he'll get picked apart from the outside if he does. he doesnt have yoels ability to cover distance in a millisecond. and izzy has a 10 inch reach advantage.

Costa survived Yoel's ability to cover distance and dropped Yoel. The fight isn't as cut and dry as you would make it out to be. Additionally Israel is low output counter striker, not a volume puncher. He isn't going to be throwing a "billion" strikes, too much risk.

Back