Izzy vs Bones - Who Takes It?

TSexy

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Sherbro Oracles - spoilers allowed - how does this fight go?

I say Bones take a 49-46 decision.

if it happens? Bones.

He will need to wrestle to win,
i think hes smart enough to know that.

BUT MY MONEY IS ON IT NOT HAPPENING.

Im taking izzy all day. I compared him to silva for the longest time. Izzy is becoming his own icon, you are witnessing something/someone incredible. Yes. Im on his nuts, dont even care about weird titties

Bones and it wouldn't even be close.
There's a reason Adesanya wants to fight him in like 10 years

Right...because that's why he's angling towards Jan that sets up the fight with Jones with the title he Vacated as a part of the Storyline. Oh and the part where he said 2021 for the past few years and even said he sees it as a Big Fight for the end of the year.

On topic I think Bones tries to outmuscle and grapple EARLY and hard to get Izzy on the ground to expose the discrepancy in strength. It's going to be an interesting fight and I think the first round will be a huge indication of who wins. Either Izzy can fend off the takedown and make his moments standing count, or Jones with his seemingly Iron Chin spams takedowns as much as he can tiring himself and Izzy out until he gets him down to submit him.

Jones is whopping Izzys ass on the ground.
Izzy has never faced someone with Jones skills, Jon has the reach, fight IQ, wrestling credentials that would be too much for Izzy to handle. Adesanya aint pinpoint countering Jon from range either, Jon would clinch up instantly and eventually take him down

Jones by ref stoppage, ground and pound.
Izzy is so overconfident he forgets he wont be that fast with more weight and I highly doubt he can adjust his cardio.
He will never finish Jones so safe to say he will gas first.
But dont forget that this fight is more likely to never happen now Jones is an HW.
Adelasagna will never move to HW

Jones Subs him in 3. But I'm not counting Izzy out. Yes I'm a Jones nuthugger but I can see talent and Izzy can catch anyone. It'll be interesting for sure.

Agreed, as someone that's tried to be a Jon Fan and is Lowkey a closet one(I really liked him going into DC vs Jones 2) I don't see how Jones doesn't try to wrestle Izzy's brakes off. Will he be succesful? He stands a really good chance too, weight doesn't really mean much when it comes to striking but Jones has made it CLEAR to Izzy that he's not gonna be standing with him. So taking on Jones at HW is gonna be a tough task if Jones has enough Cardio to implement a Grappling Heavy Gameplan.

I feel once Jones gets him down it's pretty much a warp. Izzy isn't a slouch and I'm sure he trains his Ground Game extensively should the fight get there and he has shown some signs of good BJJ but I still don't think it will be enough against Jones. Jones will have the strength advantage plus those LONG ass limbs that will play DIVIDENDS on wrapping up Izzy's limbs.

If Izzy can keep the fight standing, of course one would think he can win a decision or MAYBE get a TKO, Jones has a good chin, but Jones if anything is smart, and he knows what he has to do to beat Izzy. Take him down and submit him. I feel the first round will tell the story. If Izzy can't buck Jones off him and the Strength and Size is too much, he's gonna lose. If he can somehow keep it centered and defend the Takedowns that it will be a tough fight for Jones.

Right now I lean Jones until I see Izzy grapple with the Big Boys.

Jones by eye pokes. Ill be cheering for Izzy but Jones' amazing eyepokes and chin combined with the wrestling will be too much for Izzy.

Mf’ers in here acting like izzy has never fought and olympic medal winning caliber fighter

Jones is whopping Izzys ass on the ground.
Izzy has never faced someone with Jones skills, Jon has the reach, fight IQ, wrestling credentials that would be too much for Izzy to handle. Adesanya aint pinpoint countering Jon from range either, Jon would clinch up instantly and eventually take him down
Jones couldnt even finiah scrubs like Smith, Reyes, and Santos on the ground

Adesanya will stuff his weak takedowns easily and sleep him

Jones couldnt even finiah scrubs like Smith, Reyes, and Santos on the ground

Adesanya will stuff his weak takedowns easily and sleep him
Jones will be more invested in the Izzy fight. Any high level athlete will tell you that they rise to the level of the competition. Jones will be motivated!

But dont forget that this fight is more likely to never happen now Jones is an HW.
Adelasagna will never move to HW

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Back