Izzy to LHW Bad Idea

This is just as dumb as the people who thought Costa had anything for Izzy. The different in technical striking is too vast. Rumble would be a sizable underdog in this fight
For sure Izzy has better striking but you can be seriously comparing Rumbles striking to Costas? Rumble isn't a brawler he is a technical striker who happens to have monster power

If he beats Jan hes fighting Jones in July, period...

This is a terrible time for him to make the jump. If he fights and beats Jan his next fight would more than likely be Rumble which is a nightmare match up for him
Rumble admitted Izzy pushed him in training for Jones. It looks like Izzys toying with him..

This is a terrible time for him to make the jump. If he fights and beats Jan his next fight would more than likely be Rumble which is a nightmare match up for him
When is the last time Rumble fought? Do you remember him quitting in the ring in Buffalo? Who cares about Rumble these days, he doesn't fight.

1) 205 is an elephants graveyard right now.. It's the best time for a champ champ ploy.

2) Santos will be probably next up.. Rumble would need a tune up fight. There's no way he goes from unranked to skippinf the queue. Pretty sure they're training partners too

I think your the one just looking at Rumbles muscles don't down play his skill
Skill to hit air while Adesanya dodges and counters him. Did you watch the video at all? I'm going with no. Rumble himself said how difficult it is to land on him. Rumble is a good fighter. He has good standup, but his arsenal is not all that deep. He has otherworldly power. I look at the big picture, not the muscles.

Not sure what Rumble has to do in this conversation, but now that you bring him up, GODDAMN I would love to see that matchup!

Jan vs Izzy is such a weirdass fight. Not sure I'm that excited about it, but it has a puzzling aspect for sure.

This is reminiscent of GSP vs Bisping in a lot of ways, with a journeyman taking the belt in a weightclass, and a phenom from a lower weight class getting an immediate title shot. I don't think this fight does a whole lot for Jan, even if he wins. On the other hand, this is such a golden opportunity for Izzy. Curious to see how Izzy's power fares against a big boy like Jan. There are way many more interesting matchups for Adesanya at 205 than there are at 185, especially with regard to size, reach and length. That makes me glad this move is happening, although I sure hope it's not just a one time thing due to context (a beatable champ at 205).

Somewhere, I think Thiago Santos must be real mad about this matchup, as he KTFO Jan already and nearly beat Jones.

Izzy beating Jan would be a paper belt shoulder shrug. Talking lots of shit then waiting for Jones to move on before suddenly being ready for LHW is a joke. It’s smart by Izzy as he can likely maintain his persona without getting his face beat in by Jones (which absolutely will happen), but still a joke.

Back