Izzy to LHW Bad Idea

joec87

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
This is a terrible time for him to make the jump. If he fights and beats Jan his next fight would more than likely be Rumble which is a nightmare match up for him

Why the fuck would he have to fight Rumble afterwards? They ain't giving a title shot to a guy who is coming off a loss from back in 2017. Also, why is Rumble a nightmare match up? Because he hits hard? Izzy is still a better striker than Rumble and could definitely put him away.

Also, good work on the thread title. 10/10 stuff.

This is a terrible time for him to make the jump. If he fights and beats Jan his next fight would more than likely be Rumble which is a nightmare match up for him

Or Jon, or a different LHW or just someone at MW

Rumble has never been hurt on the feet and his only loses past MW are to prime DC

Izzy vs Rumble would very interesting. But I feel like Izzy will win.

Watch this short video that features Rumble talking about getting whupped by Adesanya in sparring sessions, and then come back to us to tell us WHY Rumble is a bad match up for Izzy.

If you follow Izzy's story at all, you would already know that when he flew in to help Rumble prep for the Jones fight that never happened, he realized that his striking, footwork, feints and fakes were many levels above the top level strikers in the UFC.
That's when Izzy knew for sure he was ready to come to the UFC and take over.

I think I missed something, this is just fucking stupid? Rumble who?

Why the fuck would he have to fight Rumble afterwards? They ain't giving a title shot to a guy who is coming off a loss from back in 2017. Also, why is Rumble a nightmare match up? Because he hits hard? Izzy is still a better striker than Rumble and could definitely put him away.

Also, good work on the thread title. 10/10 stuff.
agreed. there are so many dummies on this site and other MMA sites. they see the big muscles and knockouts against flat footed slow opponents and think, "Oh he's too big for Izzy. Izzy has those skinny legs. blah blah blah." Brunson, Costa and the casual brain fans all said the same dumb shit. smh.

Skills, footwork, accuracy, timing, ringcraft, strategy. It ain't just who has the biggest muscles and hits the hardest.

Watch this short video that features Rumble talking about getting whupped by Adesanya in sparring sessions, and then come back to us to tell us WHY Rumble is a bad match up for Izzy.

If you follow Izzy's story at all, you would already know that when he flew in to help Rumble prep for the Jones fight that never happened, he realized that his striking, footwork, feints and fakes were many levels above the top level strikers in the UFC.
That's when Izzy knew for sure he was ready to come to the UFC and take over.

Rumble was being nice he likes izzy you think he was trying to hurt izzy in training, Rumble has the tools to beat izzy

agreed. there are so many dummies on this site and other MMA sites. they see the big muscles and knockouts against flat footed slow opponents and think, "Oh he's too big for Izzy. Izzy has those skinny legs. blah blah blah." Brunson, Costa and the casual brain fans all said the same dumb shit. smh.

Skills, footwork, accuracy, timing, ringcraft, strategy. It ain't just who has the biggest muscles and hits the hardest.
I think your the one just looking at Rumbles muscles don't down play his skill

Think we should look at it from the perspective that ever since Izzy won the MW he has always chosen the most dangerous contender while respecting the integrity of the division to defend the belt against top contenders

He should be respected for actually chosing the more dangerous option in fighting a bigger fighter who is a LHW champ instead of fighting another MW when there is no MW right now who is a clear #1

Think we should look at it from the perspective that ever since Izzy won the MW he has always chosen the most dangerous contender while respecting the integrity of the division to defend the belt against top contenders

He should be respected for actually chosing the more dangerous option in fighting a bigger fighter who is a LHW champ instead of fighting another MW when there is no MW right now who is a clear #1
This isn't me bashing Izzy, I like him but Rumble is coming back and if Izzy takes the title they will fight in 2021

Rumble is a bad matchup for Izzy imo. Rumble has one of the best chins in the game and power to knock ANY opponent into the shadow realm. That plus his wrestling which is more than enough to put Izzy on his ass and keep him there. Not saying it’s an easy fight by any stretch but izzys path to victory would be finishing Rumble on the feet and I just don’t see that happening.

Rumble is a bad matchup for Izzy imo. Rumble has one of the best chins in the game and power to knock ANY opponent into the shadow realm. That plus his wrestling which is more than enough to put Izzy on his ass and keep him there. Not saying it’s an easy fight by any stretch but izzys path to victory would be finishing Rumble on the feet and I just don’t see that happening.
THIS

ummm

did people forget that the current LHW champ was a former MW? Maybe izzy will do better if he doesn't have to diet/cut ?

Rumble was being nice he likes izzy you think he was trying to hurt izzy in training, Rumble has the tools to beat izzy

This is just as dumb as the people who thought Costa had anything for Izzy. The different in technical striking is too vast. Rumble would be a sizable underdog in this fight

Back