Izzy stood square and KO'd Rob. Anderson stood square and got KTFO by Weidman

This Israel fellow would never move up and even beat Griffin let alone beat prime Anderson.

MW sucked then and it’s not really Anderson’s fault he got bored.

I mean Côté, Marquart, Leites and Maia were the top contenders during that run??

Nate has more than a good chance to beat Israel also.

Prime 230lb 6'6 reach Weidman would hammerfist the current 185 into a living sideshow.

giphy.gif

The Goatfather of Leg checks:
images

We don't know who's better yet, but Anderson beat TRT Hendo, TRT Belfort, prime (and TRT) Chael, Rich Franklin X 2 and many others. Adesanya has beaten a couple of the best current MWs. You can't say he's better until he beats more fighters, including a wrestler on the level of prime Chael (very good wrestling and iron chin).

he didn't beat TRT belfort.

Anderson was almost 40 years old, had the longest UFC title defense streak in history and held multiple records still active to this day when he got beat by Weidman.
How dare a fighter loses after 10 title-defenses - He must be a bum and inferior to the guy who has... not a single title defense..?

TS is a casual and never seen Andy in his prime, he just used YouTube and read the new fan comments.

/ thread playboi

<{silvanormal}>

So tired of these threads comparing Adesanya and Silva. I do believe that it is common sense that Israel is more advanced than Anderson in the striking department. And I personally don't believe any version of Anderson wouldn't struggle against Israel.

However it is silly because without Anderson and everything he has done there would likely he no Israel Adesanya. Anderson was a big influence for him.
Bro, didn't you hear? Prime Silva easily destroys Adesanya, even though he never fought, let alone beat a striker in the realm of Adesanya.

No butt hurt here. I'm just waiting for someone to tell me how Anderson is better. Across multiple threads and posters in the double digits, all I ever get is irrelevant stats, denial, and sarcasm. No one ever engages in an actual conversation. I wonder why that is.
Anderson's Kos have all been more spectacular than anything israel has done, he is much more creative and his head movement is something that Israel hasn't shown any of the ability to do ,even a 40 silva landed a flying knee on bisping in a half a second when you looked away, I don't see israel doing anything like that. Anderson's title reign and highlight reel shows how he's better, come back to this thread after Israel defended 10 times and has a sicker highlight real than Silva and maybe we can talk.

Nate has more than a good chance to beat Israel also.
Stylistically Côté, and Nate the Great could give him problems I’m sure.

Can’t lean back when you are trapped against the cage.

giphy.gif

And you don’t want to be in the pocket when the Predator is on either

images

Stylistically Côté, and Nate the Great could give him problems I’m sure.

Can’t lean back when you are trapped against the cage.

giphy.gif

And you don’t want to be in the pocket when the Predator is on either

images

Dont you feel that if Maia gets it to the ground Izzy would be in trouble too.

Dont you feel that if Maia gets it to the ground Izzy would be in trouble too.
I think if anybody gets him to the ground he will be, I was more specifically talking about those with a striking style and power that could catch him off guard.

Anderson was almost 40 years old, had the longest UFC title defense streak in history and held multiple records still active to this day when he got beat by Weidman.
How dare a fighter loses after 10 title-defenses - He must be a bum and inferior to the guy who has... not a single title defense..?

Andersons best weapon was his striking - he goes ko'd by weidman... and at his best the best striker he beat was... Vitor

Izzy was beating world class strikers in Kickboxing for years.

Andersons striking was great for its time, but objectively is only above average as the calibre of striker he fought was very average.

Izzy, without his "respect" and awe for Anderson, would absolutely destroy him, even in his prime when hes pumped full of PED's.

Anderson also acted like a complete jackass in that fight, beating overwhelmed/worse fighters like Bonnar, Chael and Okami got to his head.

The way he tried to clown and disrespect Chris def hurt his ability to win tht fight, and ofc was extra delicious when he got knocked out in the most embarassing way possible.

Come to think of it, Chris got him down with the first attempt he tried, if simply kept doing that Anderson wasn't wining that fight.

It is said to be a cardinal sin to square up your feet during striking as you're a bigger target and you sacrifice your base.

Izzy disregarded that and showed Andy how it's really done, KO'ing a fellow striker in the process. Meanwhile, Andy's soul got sent to the shadow realm by an American wrestler.

There truly are levels to this shit.

That is all.

Truly an embarrassingly stupid post...I feel sorry for you.

Silva had to worry about the takedown. Whittaker is not a good grappler.

Anderson was on the decline.

Israel, in his prime, has already had a life and death struggle with a blown up 170lb'r, has gotten hit more in his past two fight than Anderson did in the majority of his fights up until the weedman fight.

Izzy just won his first title.
Anderson stood square and KO'd people during a bunch of title fights before he got old and his reflexes wained.

Anderson never koed before the age of 38+ unlike Izzy who got koed I'm his prime(?)

Yeah but Adesanya sucks too because he'll lose someday and there will eventually be a better striker, so let's just skip ahead and shit on him as well now.

Silva is the better fighter of the 2 prime for prime. I dont think its really that hard to tell honestly. He was smoother, had equal or better reflexes.
A young Anderson Silva would have knocked Kelvin Gastelum out in less than 2. A prime Anderson would have knocked Adesanya out as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back