Izzy stood square and KO'd Rob. Anderson stood square and got KTFO by Weidman

Anderson pretend to be hurt and was clowning un a serious fight and got ktfo for it.

Silva was 38 years old. I know something like aging can be hard to understand for many. But usually older fighters past 30 have problems with younger oponnents.
Once Adesanya will lose some reflexes and quickness he will also take few L's.

Weird why Israel fanboys are so butthurt about Anderson. Oh wait, that's because Israel "beat" him 2 rounds to 1 and never had him in trouble once. <45>

Anderson was clowning and basically “let” Weidman hit him. And paid for it.

Also Anderson was clowning with Izzy too and let him hit him repeatedly shrugging off his strikes.

This lead to his downfall as well as they wore on him and he wasn’t as sharp after.

Anderson was a much better striker, but a dumbass at the same time.

Izzy and Rob were in exchanges in the pocket, robs lack of defense did him in head hunting.

He wasn’t just standing there letting Izzy hit him like a Anderson often does.

Completely shit comparison, like you didn’t even watch the fights did you?

Weird why Israel fanboys are so butthurt about Anderson. Oh wait, that's because Israel "beat" him 2 rounds to 1 and never had him in trouble once. <45>
No butt hurt here. I'm just waiting for someone to tell me how Anderson is better. Across multiple threads and posters in the double digits, all I ever get is irrelevant stats, denial, and sarcasm. No one ever engages in an actual conversation. I wonder why that is.

It is said to be a cardinal sin to square up your feet during striking as you're a bigger target and you sacrifice your base.

Izzy disregarded that and showed Andy how it's really done, KO'ing a fellow striker in the process. Meanwhile, Andy's soul got sent to the shadow realm by an American wrestler.

There truly are levels to this shit.

That is all.

Anderson was 38, many years past his prime, and literally stuck his own chin out (his own hubris/fault). Total apples vs oranges.

DrearyBlueChafer-small.gif

ClosedPeskyFrenchbulldog-small.gif

Perhaps if he had done less of that shit, when he did try to attack he wouldn’t have been half a step and a half second off on his timing like here.

So close, yet so far away
CourageousDefiniteKite-small.gif

Anderson was clowning and basically “let” Weidman hit him. And paid for it.

Also Anderson was clowning with Izzy too and let him hit him repeatedly shrugging off his strikes.

This lead to his downfall as well as they wore on him and he wasn’t as sharp after.

Anderson was a much better striker, but a dumbass at the same time.

Izzy and Rob were in exchanges in the pocket, robs lack of defense did him in head hunting.

He wasn’t just standing there letting Izzy hit him like a Anderson often does.

Completely shit comparison, like you didn’t even watch the fights did you?

Yep, this fight was a lot more like Anderson's early fights against Marquadt, Franklin and Leben...and Anderson was older then than Adesanya is now!

No butt hurt here. I'm just waiting for someone to tell me how Anderson is better. Across multiple threads and posters in the double digits, all I ever get is irrelevant stats, denial, and sarcasm. No one ever engages in an actual conversation. I wonder why that is.

We don't know who's better yet, but Anderson beat TRT Hendo, TRT Belfort, prime (and TRT) Chael, Rich Franklin X 2 and many others. Adesanya has beaten a couple of the best current MWs. You can't say he's better until he beats more fighters, including a wrestler on the level of prime Chael (very good wrestling and iron chin).

Anderson was almost 40 years old, had the longest UFC title defense streak in history and held multiple records still active to this day when he got beat by Weidman.
How dare a fighter loses after 10 title-defenses - He must be a bum and inferior to the guy who has... not a single title defense..?

God sherdog goes fucking full retard sometimes. Blame the UFC hype machine, as much as we love it.. they really marketed Izzy way more this fight than they did Rob. They were praying he would win :D Kind of like NGannou vs Stipe.

The guy hasnt even defended the belt yet, had an very rough fight last fight before Rob, got dropped and his face smashed in plenty, has 4 decisions and 3 finishes in the UFC, and people are treating him like he is this ultimate KO machine. The guy had an impressive win for sure, and hes got alot of striking talent, not denying any of that, but people go really over the top. Theres fighters in the UFC that have 6 of their last 7 wins as KOs and they dont get nearly the hype as this guy

Im not saying that he won't get finishes in the future.. ofcourse he will.. but people are acting like each and every opponent is going to get finished.. but his UFC record says theres just less then a 50% chance that will happen.

Last edited:
Anderson was old. He'd also been taken down and beat to shit in the 1st round. People think the clowning was out of disrespect but it was actually out of desperation. He was desperate to keep the fight standing and not get taken downs again. The clowning was to bait Weidman into exchanging with him. It worked, but not quite as intended.

What are you talking about?
Anderson go KO'd because he was off balance.
That isn't standing square and eating a shot like Izzy did with his feet firmly planted.

Anderson was old. He'd also been taken down and beat to shit in the 1st round. People think the clowning was out of disrespect but it was actually out of desperation. He was desperate to keep the fight standing and not get taken downs again. The clowning was to bait Weidman into exchanging with him. It worked, but not quite as intended.

He was actually defending TDs well in the 2nd round....He started to get Weidman where he wanted him (on the feet), but bought too much into his matrix/clowning hype. He needed to lay off the clowning (young man's fighting style) and go back to the fundamentals (i.e., the way he fought Leben).

Yes, lets compare different fights featuring different fighters at different stages of their MMA career. That will help clear things up.

So I can't say Thiago Santos is >>>>>> Chuck Liddell based on Chuck's last fight with Tito? You're getting too picky and logical, man!

We don't know who's better yet, but Anderson beat TRT Hendo, TRT Belfort, prime (and TRT) Chael, Rich Franklin X 2 and many others. Adesanya has beaten a couple of the best current MWs. You can't say he's better until he beats more fighters, including a wrestler on the level of prime Chael (very good wrestling and iron chin).
He’s gonna need about 10 title defenses to prove he’s better imo.

Andy’s old as shit, had injuries and started fighting stupid.

The Andy that dismantled Leban and Franklin would have tore Izzy a new one imo.

He was actually defending TDs well in the 2nd round....He started to get Weidman where he wanted him (on the feet), but bought too much into his matrix/clowning hype. He needed to lay off the clowning (young man's fighting style) and go back to the fundamentals (i.e., the way he fought Leben).
He had zero respect for Weidmans or Izzy’s power, that’s why he let them hit him.

He knew Leben Hit like a dump truck and wasn’t gonna give him the same chance.

He had zero respect for Weidmans or Izzy’s power, that’s why he let them hit him.

He knew Leben Hit like a dump truck and wasn’t gonna give him the same chance.

True, but Anderson's chin was granite back then. He took a hard shot from Hendo like it was nothing. He could've gotten away with some clowning vs. Leben IMO, but at that time was just a straight, efficient killing beast. He seemed to get almost bored later (Leites and Maia fights) and started a lot of the clowing then.

True, but Anderson's chin was granite back then. He took a hard shot from Hendo like it was nothing. He could've gotten away with some clowning vs. Leben IMO, but at that time was just a straight, efficient killing beast. He seemed to get almost bored later (Leites and Maia fights) and started a lot of the clowing then.
MW sucked then and it’s not really Anderson’s fault he got bored.

I mean Côté, Marquart, Leites and Maia were the top contenders during that run??

Back