Izzy stood square and KO'd Rob. Anderson stood square and got KTFO by Weidman

Strange comparison.

Adesanya's core strength and flexibility is truly incredible though. I can watch this gif all day and still wonder how this kick didn't land.

akW2JGK.gif

Which was really the problem, Anderson's shoulder rolling was a set showboat he did were he'd look to evade 3-4 punchs when someone was getting sloppy rather than just picking shots as they came. I suspect Weidman's team saw that and trained him not to just start throwing wildy when Silva did it but to keep moving then throw out that quick back fist rather than going left/right/left as guys like Franklin and Forrest did. The result was he ended squared up to Silva who was left confused as to his movement and wide open to the KO punch.

That backfist is IMHO too weird a move not to have been drilled beforehand from someone like Weidman.

I've always said that if he trained and practiced this combo, it was genius.

It looked sloppy and unplanned, but IF they actually planned it, the result speaks for itself.

Silva's own contribution to the situation didn't hurt either. Closing your eyes and doing a shimmy to pretend you were hurt isn't a good idea. Even for the GOAT.

Which was really the problem, Anderson's shoulder rolling was a set showboat he did were he'd look to evade 3-4 punchs when someone was getting sloppy rather than just picking shots as they came. I suspect Weidman's team saw that and trained him not to just start throwing wildy when Silva did it but to keep moving then throw out that quick back fist rather than going left/right/left as guys like Franklin and Forrest did. The result was he ended squared up to Silva who was left confused as to his movement and wide open to the KO punch.

That backfist is IMHO too weird a move not to have been drilled beforehand from someone like Weidman.
I dont think he drilled that back hand. Ive watched that fight a few times and i notice Weidman is starting to become frustrated and bothered by the antics and the pressure of Anderson and decides to go for it. He was just looking to put a fist on Anderson and he found a way.

Silvas management was scared shitless of teh Chris. This was pre USADA Chris. When the the fight finally happened after years of fucking we found out why Silva was so
Anderson and his team were angling for mega fights with GSP and Roy Jones Jr. They didnt see value in Weidman. If Silva or his team were afraid of him, they wouldnt have fought him the first time, and surely wouldve took the loss and moved on rather than take a rematch.

I dont think he drilled that back hand. Ive watched that fight a few times and i notice Weidman is starting to become frustrated and bothered by the antics and the pressure of Anderson and decides to go for it. He was just looking to put a fist on Anderson and he found a way.

Why would you throw that kind of backfist though other than to upset Andersons movement? it really didn't have the power behind it BUT it ment that combined with Weidman still moving forward rather than planting his feet meant he was in the perfect position to land the KO shot.

Silvas management was scared shitless of teh Chris. This was pre USADA Chris. When the the fight finally happened after years of fucking we found out why Silva was so shook.
So you're going to double down on this "years of ducking" thing eh, even after I just laid out the timeline for you? Lol.

Yeah, we did see. We saw Anderson acting like an idiot to put on a show for his idol Roy Jones Jr he was so bored of touching Teh Chris at will he went out of his way to make it a fight, unfortunately though he took it just a hair to far and paid the price, just like RJJ himself and everyone else with that style did before him when father time stole that split second from there reflex's they depend so highly on.

The story always ends the same way.

Back