Izzy/ Paulo is a SUPERFIGHT!

Of course Costa is in this fight when Romero hit Adesanya in the first round Adesanya basically was hurt looked scared and didn't do much in that whole fight

Let's see if Costa can land his combos and has a good game plan

I'm expecting to see Costa be better than the Romero fight he is hungry and had a great camp

I could see Adesanya taking over late in the fight only because Costa has massive output and he could get tired

Looking forward to the fight would love to see Costa win by ko

A Super fight is two dominant champions in different weight classes fighting each other...

Stipe vs Jones
Anderson vs GSP (when Silva was Champ)
Jones vs Anderson (when Silva was Champ)
GSP vs Khabib

Would be examples of super fights. While Costa vs Izzy is a great fight and own of the most anticipated of the year, it is not a super fight.

Like all of your well analyzed and thought out examples?
Again, beating around the bush. I never even said Israel was going to lose, just that there’s a chance Paulo KO’s him. Also, I’m not the one claiming to be super smart, that’s pretty pathetic. I have absolutely nothing to prove. On the other hand, you sure act like you know everything, which you don’t.

edit: I’m going to bed, best of luck Einstein.

Again, beating around the bush. I never even said Israel was going to lose, just that there’s a chance Paulo KO’s him. Also, I’m not the one claiming to be super smart, that’s pretty pathetic. I have absolutely nothing to prove. On the other hand, you sound like you know everything.

edit: I’m going to bed, best of luck Einstein.
Goodnight, and thank you.

Goodnight, and thank you.
Btw I trained with Izzys best friend Jamie that passed away a few years ago, so I’m even rooting for him. The kid was a good dude, that died in a tragic quad accident. This was about 5 years ago, no one even knew who Israel was aside from kickboxing.

A Super fight is two dominant champions in different weight classes fighting each other...

Stipe vs Jones
Anderson vs GSP (when Silva was Champ)
Jones vs Anderson (when Silva was Champ)
GSP vs Khabib

Would be examples of super fights. While Costa vs Izzy is a great fight and own of the most anticipated of the year, it is not a super fight.
So... there was nevrr a super fight in the sport? Lmao. A super fight is a super fight. Dont try to make something new

Btw I trained with Izzys best friend Jamie that passed away a few years ago, so I’m even rooting for him. The kid was a good dude, that died in a tragic quad accident. This was about 5 years ago, no one even knew who Israel was aside from kickboxing.
May Jamie rest in peace, sounds awful. Quads are big out here cause of all the dunes and what not. Seen and heard some terrible situations, usually involved alcohol out here. Hope Izzy shouts him out soon, would fitting for the Champ to dedicate one to a fighter gone too soon. Was Jamie a kickboxer too?

It's a great fight, very evenly matched too. You can get +150 or a bit better with Costa. Might give it a go. Anyone else thinking of betting?

Izzy will
I don't understand why people think he is some all time fighter..i mean he danced around with Yoel and avoided a fight and did the same more or less with Silva..beating Rob was a pretty good win but I consider Rob to be a bit overrated (I love Rob but he has done more with less than anyone) very solid all around but that isn't a win that knocks me over) Costa is going to expose him I believe ……….
Izzy is superior to Costa in pretty much every way. Costa has a good chin and a lot of power but that's about it. Costa has never fought anyone who is as good of a counter striker as Adesanya, and I don't think Paulo has the gas tank to go all 5 rounds with Israel. Izzy will have Costa swinging and missing the whole fight and Costa will be eating Izzy shots the entire time. I predict a TKO victory for Izzy in one of the later rounds after Costa gasses. And still.

May Jamie rest in peace, sounds awful. Quads are big out here cause of all the dunes and what not. Seen and heard some terrible situations, usually involved alcohol out here. Hope Izzy shouts him out soon, would fitting for the Champ to dedicate one to a fighter gone too soon. Was Jamie a kickboxer too?
Yea, and similar height to Izzy, Izzy has actually shouted him out in the past. They pretty much grew up fighting together. The dude was amazing and super talented. I remember him telling us about Izzy and how he was insane. They even have a big ass portrait of him at their gym.

I still have Jamie as a friend on FB, this is his cover photo:
photo_2020-09-22_22-32-15.jpg

Yea, and similar height to Izzy, Izzy has actually shouted him out in the past. They pretty much grew up fighting together. The dude was amazing and super talented. I remember him telling us about Izzy and how he was insane. They even have a big ass portrait of him at their gym.

I still have Jamie as a friend on FB, this is his cover photo:
View attachment 800683
All out of likes man, thanks for sharing that story. Sorry for being a butt, I feel like one now.

Cool of Izzy, for all the shit he gets on here about being arrogant, his actions paint him as a very good dude.

Last edited:
All out of likes man, thanks for sharing that story. Sorry for being a butt, I feel like one now.

Cool of Izzy, for all the shit he gets in here about being arrogant, his actions paint him as a very good dude.
Nah man, I was a dick too. No harm, take care. Also, agreed, Izzy is a good dude.

Fuck yeah!! The progression of the fighters is crazy. Love both dudes(no homo). It’s gonna be a great fight.

do you think Jamie could have been UFC?

So... there was nevrr a super fight in the sport? Lmao. A super fight is a super fight. Dont try to make something new
Super fights are fights that under normal circumstances probably wouldn't happen, Usually a Champion vs Champion fight. Not the number one contender fighting the champion in the same weight class under the same promotion eventually fighting each other.

GSP vs BJ Penn
McGregor vs Alverez
Cejudo vs DJ

To a lesser degree you could say Super fights also happened when the leagues merged.

When Pride and the UFC merged we got...
Hendo vs Silva
Hendo vs Rampage
Chuck vs Wand
Mir vs Big Nog

When Strikeforce and the UFC merged we got
Diaz vs GSP
Overeem vs Lesnar

You could also categorize the early UFC tournament winners facing each other a super fight too, as it was actually called the super fight championship.

Shamrock vs Severn 1&2, after that it turned into the HW championship when Coleman beat Severn.

Super fights are fights that under normal circumstances probably wouldn't happen, not the number one contender in the same weight class under the same promotion eventually fighting each other.

GSP vs BJ Penn
McGregor vs Alverez
Cejudo vs DJ

To a lesser degree you could say Super fights also happened when the leagues merged.

When Pride and the UFC merged we got...
Hendo vs Silva
Hendo vs Rampage
Chuck vs Wand
Mir vs Big Nog

When Strikeforce and the UFC merged we got
Diaz vs GSP
Overeem vs Lesnar

You could also categorize the early UFC tournament winners facing each other a super fight too, as it was actually called the super fight championship.

Shamrock vs Severn 1&2, after that it turned into the HW championship when Coleman beat Severn.
don't forget Rampage/Chuck 2!

do you think Jamie could have been UFC?
Definitely man, he was super young and already a pretty good kickboxer. Israel, Hooker and Him were pretty much the golden boys at their gym. When he came over to my gym for a few weeks to train, Team Oyama, he was making the transition to MMA. All he needed is to work on his BJJ more because that was the weakest area of his game.

Definitely man, he was super young and already a pretty good kickboxer. Israel, Hooker and Him were pretty much the golden boys at their gym. When he came over to my gym for a few weeks to train, Team Oyama, he was making the transition to MMA. All he needed is to work on his BJJ more because that was the weakest area of his game.
Damn man, sucks to lose such a great talent so soon. Any life, but we're here to talk MMA.

Back