News Izzy: 'Jon Jones can try and run to heavyweight but I'll hunt him down'..

HoFF

Full Send
Banned
Reaction score

Israel Adesanya is confident he’ll see Jon Jones down the line, no matter the weight class.

In a recent interview with BT Sport, UFC light heavyweight champion Jones (25-1 MMA, 19-1 UFC) said he doesn’t see himself fighting UFC middleweight champ Adesanya (18-0 MMA, 7-0 UFC) in the future because he will have likely moved up to heavyweight by that time.

But Adesanya says he doesn’t care about the weight class.

“I saw something on Instagram that by the time he goes to heavyweight the fight will be – who gives a (expletive) about weight?” Adesanya told “Submission Radio.” “I’ve never given a (expletive) about weight. Since when? It’s never been an issue for me. I’ve been a heavyweight in boxing, in kickboxing. I’ll do it in again in MMA. So, it’s never been an issue for me. He can try and run to heavyweight, but I’ll chase him down. I’ll hunt him down if I have to.”

Adesanya is scheduled to make his first title defense against Yoel Romero in the main event of next month’s UFC 248 and has reiterated his intentions of defending his title a few times before considering a move up.

So while he knows it’s highly unlikely that Jones would be physically able to move down to middleweight, he’s willing to move up – once he takes care of business at 185 pounds.

“Yeah, let him go to heavyweight,” Adesanya said. “Right now, I’m working at middleweight. If he wants to come, he can skip the line if he comes down to middleweight. I’ve said that already. But I’m sure he can’t do that because his frame won’t let him. So, let me do my work, shut the (expletive) up, and I’ll come see you when it’s time.”

Jones on the other hand, returns to action on Feb. 8, when he takes on undefeated Dominick Reyes in the UFC 247 headliner.

Despite both guys already scheduled to defend their titles, they’re constantly being asked about each other.

“I know that when I’m fighting, he tries to talk (expletive) about me when I’m fighting to try and take away the attention from my fight onto him, or to try like, you know, make it about him for whatever reason,” Adesanya said. “But it’s my show. Yeah, but I don’t really care. If Dom wins, good on Dom, happy for him – and I think he’s got a big problem on his hands with Dominick Reyes as well. But if Dom wins, doesn’t matter, I’m still coming for that ass.”

Israel legit has balls of steel. Definition of a true Champ.

<PlusJuan>

Hunting him down exclusively on Twitter like

maxresdefault.jpg

He has to focus on Romero first. You can't look pass that monster.

Go defend your belt against a real MW first.
Also Izzys just posturing like a small dog, he doesn’t want any of that Jones smoke.

focus on Yoel, he’ll change those plans real quick if you ain’t careful.

Izzy is amazing but jones is another planet.jon never almost got finished by a 5'7 guy

Just buddies hyping each others name at the moment.

Been a HW in boxing and kickboxing huh.. well you will find out that in MMA grappling with extra size has a different level of importance when it comes to this weight classes.

From the guy that literally said he isn't ready to fight Jon Jones. Yet he keeps talking shit....

pathetic, embarrassing, and cringe inducing.

Izzy: I would fuck you up!!!!!!!!!!
Jones: OK. Lets fight in 3 months for the LHW belt so you can try to be champ champ and dethrone me.
Izzy: HELL NO!!!! FUCK THAT. I'm not fighting you any time soon. But ONE DAY, I'm gonna KO yoU!
Jon: ................................................
Izzy: (continues talking shit almost daily)

Israel Adesanya is confident he’ll see Jon Jones down the line, no matter the weight class.

“I saw something on Instagram that by the time he goes to heavyweight the fight will be – who gives a (expletive) about weight?” Adesanya told “Submission Radio.” “I’ve never given a (expletive) about weight. Since when? It’s never been an issue for me. I’ve been a heavyweight in boxing, in kickboxing. I’ll do it in again in MMA. So, it’s never been an issue for me. He can try and run to heavyweight, but I’ll chase him down. I’ll hunt him down if I have to.”

Yet he fights at 185.

From the guy that literally said he isn't ready to fight Jon Jones. Yet he keeps talking shit....

pathetic, embarrassing, and cringe inducing.

Izzy: I would fuck you up!!!!!!!!!!
Jones: OK. Lets fight in 3 months for the LHW belt so you can try to be champ champ and dethrone me.
Izzy: HELL NO!!!! FUCK THAT. I'm not fighting you any time soon. But ONE DAY, I'm gonna KO yoU!
Jon: ................................................
Izzy: (continues talking shit almost daily)
You just summed it up perfectly.
Like a small dog behind a fence barking at a pit bull.
And people claim he’s the next Greatest thing.

If Adesanya beats Romero convincingly, he poses a real threat to Bones. Especially since he has less miles on him. Sadly, Jones is looking old.

Izzy is amazing but jones is another planet.jon never almost got finished by a 5'7 guy
Jon damn near got finished by Vitor Belfort let’s not forget

Then if you wanna get into some crazy mmath, gas starched that fool. Which btw is one of the most satisfying finishes I’ve ever seen... not a fan of these PED guys

The line up Izzy has with Romero and Costa makes me think he might lose his title before ever fighting Jones.
[<cena1}

Can you imagine izzys skinny ass at HW {<jordan}

He bout to pull a rumble on us

Jon damn near got finished by Vitor Belfort let’s not forget

Then if you wanna get into some crazy mmath, gas starched that fool. Which btw is one of the most satisfying finishes I’ve ever seen... not a fan of these PED guys
Not disputing the facts, but this needs some context. TRT ended in 2014 so Belfort was on it for the Jones fight (2012), and off it for the Gastelum fight.(2017) It was two vastly different Vitors.

I like Adesanya, but I hardly think Jon Jones is moving to HW to duck him!<Lmaoo>

Back