Media Izzy gunning for 3 belts at one time (MW, LHW,HW)

It would bring me great joy to see adesanya standing across from Ngannou :)

He'll get knocked back to MW by Jan and the HW dream will be over. Izzy should take it easy and stay away from the big boys.

No interest from anyone defending a belt anymore

He's already undersized and not that powerful at MW, but his skill and height/reach makes up for it. The natural size disadvantage will become a lot more pronounced at LHW and especially HW, and his height and reach advantage will be a lot less prominent if it even exists at all, depending on the match up. Confidence is a great thing, but he's probably biting off more than he can chew. Does he even walk around that much heavier than bigger WWs like Usman?

He already couldn't hurt a more durable MW in Romero and even a defensive Anderson, does he really think his shots are going to hurt guys like Stipe, Francis, Jon, and Jan?
i mean this is just wrong. Not that powerful at MW? lol Romero who is thought to be the heaviest hitter at MW went 15 rounds total with Whittaker and Costa where he beat the fuck out of them and never KO'd lol

Izzy took 4 rounds total and KO'd both of them. He doesn't have raw strength but his hands heavier than you think

Iz doesnt even cut weight at 185, right? HW against JJ? Nope.

He's talked about Stipe before. I don't believe he'll ever fight at HW.

Breaking news. I’m gunning for a date with Elizabeth Hurley but that doesn’t make it likely to happen.

Styles makes fights.

Gastelum's boxing is technically one of the best ever at 185, the guy has immaculate timing, fast hands, closes the distance fast and he's got really good head movement too.

He (Izzy) by the way also absolutely obliterated Whittaker and Costa, which hasn't been done before to either of them, at least at middleweight.
With all respect, you putting Gastelum on a pedestal doesn't change facts: he almost lost against an undersized MW, natural from a below division. AND in striking, which makes it worse.

Costa was a good win and Whittaker was slow and sloppy due to injuries, coming from a layoff because of surgeries. Beating the current Whittaker would make sense putting him as a clear victory, even if Israel hasn't anything to do with his opponent's personal problems.Would seem more legit in a resume perspective.

But the man is benefiting from Jones going up to HW to fight... Jan Blachowicz lol... instead of making history at MW defending his belt and giving Whittaker a deserving rematch. I mean... Opportunism as its finest.

Last edited:
With all respect, you putting Gastelum on a pedestal doesn't change facts: he almost lost against an undersized MW, natural from a below division. AND in striking, which makes it worse.
I admit the obvious and will agree that Gastelum is undersized at 185, but (and this is important in this context!) in terms of striking, moving up and facing bigger guys will almost always give the fighter a significant advantage in speed on the feet (plus not cutting a lot of weight is good for cardio).

Gastelum is very fast for a 185er, has great boxing and is due to his southpawstance (orthodox strikers struggle always more against southpaws) and the fact that he can grapple (even though he's of course no Khabib) a very difficult match up for Adesanya, in terms of style.

I would place a guy like Whittaker way above Gastelum when it comes to the best middleweights of all time, but in terms of style, Gastelum is quite the nightmare match up for Izzy.

EDIT: Fedor too had a big speed advantage against many guys, since he wasn't just naturally fast, but also always a bit undersized at heavyweight.

Dana would never allow it. He doesn't even like having dual champions. If Izzy actually goes for the HW belt after winning the LHW belt, then you better believe Dana's gonna vacate the MW title and have someone else fight for it. Guaranteed.

Izzy would get mauled by Stipe. Miocic is a big-ass dude with some big-ass power and a pretty sweet double leg.

Izzy "Triple C" Naruto, GOAT if it happen.

So...

you are saying it is high risk and could go either way?

BOLD OF YOU
:)
I prefer accurate over bold. To each his own. I find Nostradamus like presumptuous predictions annoying. My point is, I believe that his particular skillset against a much bigger man lends itself to radically different potential outcomes if the same two fought ten times. I can see him dominating Ngannou and making him look stupid and then lose to him in horrific fashion the next fight.

Jan again getting overlooked, which has always worked to his advantage.

Those 3 belts certainly seem within reach, though. Hasn't Izzy fought at HW before?

Izzy is an amazing fighter. With direct title shots he might pull it off. No way he could work his way up through the heavyweight ranks though. I actually have my doubts that he could make it through the lhw rankings. He will beat Jan though

Back