Izzy confidence and aura might be deteriored

Well he went 5 rounds with a heavy hitter, the champ at 205, with a huge size advantage, id say this is more positive than negative for him.

I think whatever happens we won't be talking about future LHW/HW bouts with Izzy unless he bulks or develops some crazy TDD.

What /how does a loss moving up and facing the champ of that division mean he's going to loose at MW?

His post fight interview doesn't show he lost confidence, but certainly humbled by the loss.

"TheScorpionDude, post: 163957894, member: 459909"]I don't quite follow...

As in. You musnt like him because you want to torture him ... nobody's going to want to watch that fight.... ever... again.

I'd assume just a polite bit of tongue in cheek

As in. You musnt like him because you want to torture him ... nobody's going to want to watch that fight.... ever... again.

Oooohhh so that's what "the joke went over your head" feels like... damn... not a good feeling.

The narrative of "just take him down" is hilarious since that should've been the gameplan all along. Whenever you're supposed to face an elite striker that should be the gameplan, but now people are treating it as if it's some new discovery. It's easier said than done, and Jan had to plan for it accordingly.

aaa82c7a835628871ef8a7e0c276dfb8.gif

Now he get his first defeat he might taste it again soon enough

He dont have the undefeated aura anymore around him and the fight yesterday showed some big holes in his game (wrestling, ground, durability)

He is not a mystery anymore like Khabib is for example

Your thought about the next for Izzy?
Izzy has over 100 fights. Was fighting a long time before he even considered MMA. You really think he's affected that much by a loss? Come on man. I think he took the loss pretty well. Of course, the fighters won't fear him as much but he's still a problem.

Izzy has over 100 fights. Was fighting a long time before he even considered MMA. You really think he's affected that much by a loss? Come on man. I think he took the loss pretty well. Of course, the fighters won't fear him as much but he's still a problem.
But now the blueprint to beat him is laid out for all the MWs.
They just need to be LHWs. <seedat>

He's lost the invincible aura, but he's still undefeated at MW. We should expect a bounce back performance after last night no matter against who's next for him so his next opponent should be more than prepared.

And what's funny is that before the fight, everyone is already discussing his potential for a 3rd belt at HW and to unify all the lineal belts vs Jones.

Now that he has tasted defeat, you have people discussing how guys like Kevin Holland will easily beat him.

Classic sherdog.

Mousasi would beat the shit out of isareal

Maybe. But he has been defeated before in combat. And quite brutally.

Back