Izzy confidence and aura might be deteriored

ehxsur

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Now he get his first defeat he might taste it again soon enough

He dont have the undefeated aura anymore around him and the fight yesterday showed some big holes in his game (wrestling, ground, durability)

He is not a mystery anymore like Khabib is for example

Your thought about the next for Izzy?

He's hoping Vettori slips up in his run through the top 10 gauntlet. Even Khamzat would have been a serious challenge considering how poor Izzy looked on the ground

He's lost the invincible aura, but he's still undefeated at MW. We should expect a bounce back performance after last night no matter against who's next for him so his next opponent should be more than prepared.

And what's funny is that before the fight, everyone is already discussing his potential for a 3rd belt at HW and to unify all the lineal belts vs Jones.

Now that he has tasted defeat, you have people discussing how guys like Kevin Holland will easily beat him.

Classic sherdog.

He dont have the undefeated aura anymore around him and the fight yesterday showed some big holes in his game (wrestling, ground, durability)

This is a very specific scenario.

He lost at a higher weight class so he's still the champ at MW.

He beat everyone at MW except for Yoel. Luckily Yoel isn't in the UFC anymore so there goes his only threat.

I think he'll be alright.

He's been KOd before, and made QUITE a comeback. He seems like a "true" martial artist, so I suspect he had the mentality all along that he *could* be beaten, and everything about his demeanor after the fight, and his kind words towards Jan, say that he should be fine. . . . which is not to say that he won't be beater: a lot of people learned that if they can be grapple-heavy they've got a great chance at him.

He'll likely be fine. He went 5 rounds with the champ 20 lbs above him. He lost absolutely, but he fought well and it was not a blowout. It could actually even lead to complacency of "Oh a 205 champ couldn't knock me out or finish me, what can these middleweights do?"

I think his confidence got up after not being flatlined by Jan, i really thought he was gonna get KOED

His confidence in his chin should be up, but not in his striking. He got most of his kicks checked and outstruck by someone that was supposed to be slower and less technical.

Vettori did that a while back. I know Izzy got the w of Vettori but he wrestling was exposed in that fight.

I think he bounces back just fine. He's lost before, just not in mma. This will not have a large effect on him. He's just gonna keep swimming.

Dude, read my occupation, and listen too what I’m going to say. Izzy is going nowhere, he isn’t invincible, but he’s still incredibly skilled. He has lost before, nothing has changed.

I still REALLY don’t like Izzy, but this is total inflammatory bullshit.

Rob still my boi tho.

This is a very specific scenario.

He lost at a higher weight class so he's still the champ at MW.

He beat everyone at MW except for Yoel. Luckily Yoel isn't in the UFC anymore so there goes his only threat.

I think he'll be alright.
I still don't get this attitude. He beat Yoel via Yoel not showing up. Yoel lost. Yoel didn't attack because he could get countered and finished. Izzy didn't attack because he could get finished with one shot. They BOTH played the one shot at a time game from distance and Izzy won.

He lost to Costa and Whittaker back to back and that got him a 4th title shot??? He had 4 title shots and missed weight in two of them!!! He defeated himself before his opponents could. Had he fought the way he did against Whitaker maybe he wins but he wouldn't have lost respect of many fans. The fans lost but Yoel blew his 4th title shot and it was undeserved.

I still don't get this attitude. He beat Yoel via Yoel not showing up. Yoel lost. Yoel didn't attack because he could get countered and finished. Izzy didn't attack because he could get finished with one shot. They BOTH played the one shot at a time game from distance and Izzy won.

He lost to Costa and Whittaker back to back and that got him a 4th title shot??? He had 4 title shots and missed weight in two of them!!! He defeated himself before his opponents could. Had he fought the way he did against Whitaker maybe he wins but he wouldn't have lost respect of many fans. The fans lost but Yoel blew his 4th title shot and it was undeserved.

Dude, sometimes the judges are just garbage. Yoel has had shit luck with the judges. But he beat all those people.

The only one that came close to beating Yoel, and lost because of the judges favoring Yoel (funny I know :) ), was Tim Kennedy.

Yoel is the MW God.

Don't talk about bringing it to someone when in that fight Izzy ran behind the ref. BEHIND the ref. That has never happened before in the UFC, ever.

Adesanya seems to be one of those guys who will just always confident in his ability. He didn’t get blown out of the water or embarrassingly KO’d so his image is still there.
But his Aura is definitely gone. The fight on Saturday showed that he is very beatable and has some glaring holes in his game. I know the contenders at MW probably took a lot away from that fight in their game plans.

Sherdog being sherdog. Izzys wrestling didnt get exposed at all. Being taken down in the 4th and 5th round by a giant of a man with massive strength advantage as well as at least twenty pounds more than him is not some "gotcha" moment for all the morons here on sherdog.

His run at mw speaks for itself and i do believe he could take the lhw belt one day if he beefs himself up. As it is right now he is severly under sized when it comes to weight when fighting at lhw and he did very well against jan even if he clearly lost the fight.

Dude, sometimes the judges are just garbage. Yoel has had shit luck with the judges. But he beat all those people.

The only one that came close to beating Yoel, and lost because of the judges favoring Yoel (funny I know :) ), was Tim Kennedy.

Yoel is the MW God.

Don't talk about bringing it to someone when in that fight Izzy ran behind the ref. BEHIND the ref. That has never happened before in the UFC, ever.
You are clearly being silly. Yoel won that Kennedy fight via cheating. Big John let him sit on his stool because he was done. He should have called the fight right there.

Yoel was in a series of close fights. Because of his muscles and his exploding style he tries to cut as little as possible and missed weight for 2 out of 4 TITLE FIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!! That has happened exactly how many other times in the UFC???? Izzy getting entangled with the ref (which I don't recall - not saying it didn't happen) is the refs fault for being in the way. Yoel would have been sent to the netherworld for missing weight for a title fight in the past of the UFC. But instead he missed weight in 2/3 title fights and gets a title shot again for a 4th time coming off of 2 straight losses.

Sherdog being sherdog. Izzys wrestling didnt get exposed at all. Being taken down in the 4th and 5th round by a giant of a man with massive strength advantage as well as at least twenty pounds more than him is not some "gotcha" moment for all the morons here on sherdog.

His run at mw speaks for itself and i do believe he could take the lhw belt one day if he beefs himself up. As it is right now he is severly under sized when it comes to weight when fighting at lhw and he did very well against jan even if he clearly lost the fight.

One day isn't really an option unless he starts immediately.

He got in MMA a bit late so we all see him as this young prospect, when the dude is getting up there in age.

If he waits any longer he might be to old to go to LHW. He'll have to go straight to HW and I think that will end badly for him.

Cause remember, it's not just the muscles, he need to be comfortable with his new weight too, get that matching cardio etc etc.

You are clearly being silly. Yoel won that Kennedy fight via cheating. Big John let him sit on his stool because he was done. He should have called the fight right there.

Yoel was in a series of close fights. Because of his muscles and his exploding style he tries to cut as little as possible and missed weight for 2 out of 4 TITLE FIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!! That has happened exactly how many other times in the UFC???? Izzy getting entangled with the ref (which I don't recall - not saying it didn't happen) is the refs fault for being in the way. Yoel would have been sent to the netherworld for missing weight for a title fight in the past of the UFC. But instead he missed weight in 2/3 title fights and gets a title shot again for a 4th time coming off of 2 straight losses.
Didn't I just say the exact same thing? That the judges(ref, my bad) favored Yoel in the Kennedy fight?

As for Izzy going behind the ref, no, wasn't the refs fault, he was standing near the cage and Izzy literally ran behind him. Just rewatch the fight, it's hilarious.

Back