Izu Ugonoh Signs with KSW

Oh, man. Sorry, @MMALOPEZ. I posted almost the same exact thread in the boxing section earlier this morning but I see now that you beat me to it here.

Oh, well. It doesn't look like there's a whole lot of interest in the story in either place. But I think it's fascinating as Ugonoh is the highest level heavyweight boxer to commit to competing in MMA in since Ray Mercer & James Toney. And, unlike them, he has an extensive background in kickboxing as well & he's not just a dabbler who's trying out the sport in his 40s. So, I'm intrigued to see how he'll do.

Oh, man. Sorry, @MMALOPEZ. I posted almost the same exact thread in the boxing section earlier this morning but I see now that you beat me to it here.

Oh, well. It doesn't look like there's a whole lot of interest in the story in either place. But I think it's fascinating as Ugonoh is the highest level heavyweight boxer to commit to competing in MMA in since Ray Mercer & James Toney. And, unlike them, he has an extensive background in kickboxing as well & he's not just a dabbler who's trying out the sport in his 40s. So, I'm intrigued to see how he'll do.
No problem brother. I’m also intrigued by it. I think he had a rough stretch as a boxer but he is a talented guy. I hope he has some ground training to make it in the mma circuit. I’ll be keeping an eye on this addition

No problem brother. I’m also intrigued by it. I think he had a rough stretch as a boxer but he is a talented guy. I hope he has some ground training to make it in the mma circuit. I’ll be keeping an eye on this addition

Same here, bro.

This is an awesome signing! Excited to see how he does, I’ve been wanting to see more high level boxers make the transition.

I feel like i seen him fight a few times in New Zealand, vicious KOes! Was he one of parkers main training partners for awhile? I think he'll do well

Back