I've read the stickies, I need some advice

You seem to have a good mindset about it, and seem to have a good idea of what you need to do. Best of luck!

Thanks, I really think the power of the mind is key.
That's why a lot of harsh diets don't work, because people break down one moment.

And I've tried loads of things myself, but most of those plans were made overnight..and then I fail.
This plan , I've made by reading here, taking past experiences, hearing other people about dieting..and combining it all in 1 thing without being to hard on myself.

So I will ride this f*cker untill I am thinner :)

This is my 4th day, feel great.. I always find it a thrill to feel your body saying 'thank you'. Went for a 30 minute walk yesterday (fast walking pace) with some 1 minute jog parts mixed in.. My condition still sucks, but it felt good! (to heavy to go balls to the wall running :p)

Cheers!

Guys,

Got one question.
I went low carb as you know.
I've already did this a couple of times and it's all good.

But sometimes when I have a 'cheat weekend' I immediately gain 2-4 lbs.
You need to know that I don't cheat every week..more like once a month..and I don't go balls to the wall cheating, but I just eat bread/pasta or something for the taste so I can go low carb again for a couple of weeks :p .

Does this weight gain purely come from water weight? Because I know that carbs are stored and that requires water (1 gr glyco with 3 gr water?)

It's just a general question, so I know what is going on the next time!

p.s feeling good..going strong!

Guys,

Got one question.
I went low carb as you know.
I've already did this a couple of times and it's all good.

But sometimes when I have a 'cheat weekend' I immediately gain 2-4 lbs.
You need to know that I don't cheat every week..more like once a month..and I don't go balls to the wall cheating, but I just eat bread/pasta or something for the taste so I can go low carb again for a couple of weeks :p .

Does this weight gain purely come from water weight? Because I know that carbs are stored and that requires water (1 gr glyco with 3 gr water?)

It's just a general question, so I know what is going on the next time!

p.s feeling good..going strong!

I wouldn't worry about pounds from day to day. The variables that can contribute to a 2-4 lb weight difference are pretty complex, and moreso, massively inconsequential.

If you have to weigh yourself to motivate, have a ritual weigh-in at the end of the week or something... the daily fluctuations aren't going to do anything but give you more to think about... excitement or disappointment are both wastes of mental energy, imo. For whatever reason, our culture's idea of weight loss is centered around these magic numbers of "I lost ___ lbs in ____ weeks!!!", which has nothing to do with health, generally speaking.

I would focus a lot more on a training regiment and a lot less on dieting. Lift heavy, if you don't already. Get into the conditioning/strength forum here, read the stickies, then read them again, then proceed to kick your own ass every single day of the week, any way you can.

The simplification advice is great, and to it I would add that unless you're just the intense micro-management type, focus less on daily meal planning and more on a global diet scheme. Don't think "tomorrow I'll have this for lunch", but "tomorrow I'll eat whatever I want from this group of things." It's a more long-term solution that will get you adjusted to healthy foods, not just healthy meals... because as you probably already know, one cheat meal can send you spiraling back down if you're not careful.

Also... is there a reason there isn't a whole lot more meat on your list?

I wouldn't worry about pounds from day to day. The variables that can contribute to a 2-4 lb weight difference are pretty complex, and moreso, massively inconsequential.

If you have to weigh yourself to motivate, have a ritual weigh-in at the end of the week or something... the daily fluctuations aren't going to do anything but give you more to think about... excitement or disappointment are both wastes of mental energy, imo. For whatever reason, our culture's idea of weight loss is centered around these magic numbers of "I lost ___ lbs in ____ weeks!!!", which has nothing to do with health, generally speaking.

I would focus a lot more on a training regiment and a lot less on dieting. Lift heavy, if you don't already. Get into the conditioning/strength forum here, read the stickies, then read them again, then proceed to kick your own ass every single day of the week, any way you can.

The simplification advice is great, and to it I would add that unless you're just the intense micro-management type, focus less on daily meal planning and more on a global diet scheme. Don't think "tomorrow I'll have this for lunch", but "tomorrow I'll eat whatever I want from this group of things." It's a more long-term solution that will get you adjusted to healthy foods, not just healthy meals... because as you probably already know, one cheat meal can send you spiraling back down if you're not careful.

Also... is there a reason there isn't a whole lot more meat on your list?

Thanks man, you are right. It is stupid to be weighing all the time, can drain your motivation or mess up your long term goals. I've set friday as my weekly weigh in day :)

Anyway, about the meat.
Basically what I put in that list is an example of some food I do like to eat at that time of day and I wanted to check if somebody had some problems/critique with them..Didn't want to mess that up.

But I can assure you that on a day to day base I change 1 or 2 of those meals in to something like chicken with cottage cheese and spinach or some other meat/fish/poultry recepy :)

But thanks for looking out for me, appreciate it!
But no worries, i got the meat covered. :)

Just did a kettlebell training, I try to follow the Tabata training form..basically that is HIIT if I am correct. Feels good.

Kudos then man. Best of luck with everything.

And yeah, Tabatas count as HIIT. (They're also magic.) I'd assume you were doing snatches or swings.

I just happened to see you were in Holland. Have you ever considered... kickboxing?

Kudos then man. Best of luck with everything.

And yeah, Tabatas count as HIIT. (They're also magic.) I'd assume you were doing snatches or swings.

I just happened to see you were in Holland. Have you ever considered... kickboxing?

Yeah, I've got like 3-4 years kickboxking and MMA XP. Had to quit it due to a very busy schedule last year combined with not a lot of money :)

But after the holiday I will pick it up again, MMA and Kickboxing. I really miss it.

About the kettlebell, yes I am doing swings and snatches. I also blend in some squats and alternate presses. It would be something like Swings-Squat-Swings-Press-Swings-Snatch (and then repeat it with the - being a short rest)

It is unbelievable how intense it is, heart rate is up immediately and you feel like you've run a marathon after 15-20 minutes. :)

Looks OK I guess.

I have a hard time believing you wil be able to do this the rest of your life.

The best thing you can do is come up with something that works, but you can do all the time, not just when you are trying to lose weight.

Looks OK I guess.

I have a hard time believing you wil be able to do this the rest of your life.

The best thing you can do is come up with something that works, but you can do all the time, not just when you are trying to lose weight.

You are right about that.

I am aware that this is not something I can manage to do my entire life.
What I have in mind is to reach my goal weight and drop a little below it and than slowly work towards a more 'doable' lifestyle. Maintaining my reached weight will be my goal and I will certainly loosen up

I am putting myself on the spot right now and I want to succeed the somewhat more die hard way. I know that I can do it with the right mind set (did it once before)

But what is even more important is the post diet into a lifestyle change...so I don't make mistakes and gain weight again. And I also know this can be hard...

But anyway, thanks a lot man! I appreciate every form of feedback because it makes things easier to put in perspective :)

My first update:

12-07: Weight: 278lbs
21-07: Weight: 272lbs

It seems to be going in a healthy pace, I know this contains a lot of water weight.

But still proud :)

I think you have a far better start in terms of content than 99% of the people who post something like this.

The first thing I thought of was "drop the protein shake". I don't really see it as being necessary. I guess it's better than eating junk food, but it would be better I think to eat nothing at that time, or real food.

And eat meat or fish or something for dinner, have some variety.

I think you have a far better start in terms of content than 99% of the people who post something like this.

The first thing I thought of was "drop the protein shake". I don't really see it as being necessary. I guess it's better than eating junk food, but it would be better I think to eat nothing at that time, or real food.

And eat meat or fish or something for dinner, have some variety.

Haha, gotta admit that I already dropped it...1. I don't like the taste and prep (enough time to prep the other stuff for a day at work). and... 2. It was empty and I am a poor student :p

I did add the meat and fish for dinner..I just have a number of things i like to eat and just switch them around

Back