Ive pinpointed my problem with Logan (2017)

It was good, not perfect. I don't really like kiddy superhero movies, so the fact that it was rated R puts it up a peg for me

It was good, not perfect. I don't really like kiddy superhero movies, so the fact that it was rated R puts it up a peg for me

Not exactly an automatic mark for being "adult" though, look at Birds of Prey for example.

I remember not liking it that much. Idk, there was nothing really bad about it. But it just didn’t do it for me. Why the fuck was wolverine so frail? He can’t heal anymore? Idk, it just kind of was there but wasn’t special.

The issue was ‘save the kids’ trope.

It had it all, a dying Logan who loathed who he was, an almost no fucks given asshole.

And the main bad guy was.....

a fucking clone?

Yaaaaaaawn

Every Logan movie they fucked it up in the 3rd and 4th acts because they had shit villains.

Hugh did a great job and Logan had so much promise, the style was really fitting.

6/10

Given a better villain and actual story Logan could easily have been the great super hero movie of all time.

Maybe 7/10 for me. But yeah thats mostly how I see it. The big villain was the Dr rice guy who wiped out the mutants...of which we get no real backstory. The lack of a good villain was a major negative for me.

Think about it.. In DOFP there were thousands of mutants left (or more) after years of war and extermination.. But in THIS timeline, where nobody tried to eradicate them, they just disappeared on their own. Why would that not have happened in the DOFP timeline?

Stupid.
I don't know how the chronology works out but it doesn't necessarily not fit, considering LOGAN might take place at the far end of all X-FILMS to date.

Think about what exactly? If LOGAN's timeline was the only one: then mutants were both systematically hunted and killed or farmed, while the X-men were killed by an "inside job" that we assume is Logan's fault since he's bearing its shame anyway. You're gonna have to help me see how this contradicts DOFP. It sounds like your issue would be solved by a Sentinel appearing in Xander Rice's ranks, which isn't monumental.

I didn't like it because it was full of SJW nonsense. That's enough to assassinate my suspension of disbelief.

Dude, you will like never be able to watch another superhero movie like even …. except for those paradies on p0rnhub and even then … some of them have scenes without any cocks in them …. not even starpon cocks.

Hmm I kinda wanna rewatch this joint now.

I don't know how the chronology works out but it doesn't necessarily not fit, considering LOGAN might take place at the far end of all X-FILMS to date.

Think about what exactly? If LOGAN's timeline was the only one: then mutants were both systematically hunted and killed or farmed, while the X-men were killed by an "inside job" that we assume is Logan's fault since he's bearing its shame anyway. You're gonna have to help me see how this contradicts DOFP. It sounds like your issue would be solved by a Sentinel appearing in Xander Rice's ranks, which isn't monumental.

A lot of assumptions. That's the problem. It doesn't actually fulfill any answers leftover from the previous films. We are left to just assume.

My favorite of all those xmen movies. Loved it.

In tears during the death scene. Not just his death but seeing that absolute darling sweetheart cry and say "daddy".

Gore was awesome, REAL shit.

It didnt pass my notice that the movie fulfilled the prophecy of the Japanese girl from the previous movie who said she saw Logan die with his heart in his hand.

Figurative of course, but it was a lovely touch.

I watch the movie all the time. Great ending to the saga/character.

Dude, you will like never be able to watch another superhero movie like even …. except for those paradies on p0rnhub and even then … some of them have scenes without any cocks in them …. not even starpon cocks.
I'm completely fine with never seeing another superhero movie for the rest of my days. Tbh I am curious about this starpon cock you mentioned.

First Class was the only X-Men film I really liked. Thought the rest ranged from average to garbage.

A lot of assumptions. That's the problem. It doesn't actually fulfill any answers leftover from the previous films. We are left to just assume.
What questions left over from the other films?

Do you realize why it is problematic for one film to address questions and issues posed by previous films?

Why is it that when I ask questions I get rhetorical answers? How does that work?

Yeah, I already heard your screed. You figured out why you don't like something. That doesn't answer my question I asked another person.

What questions left over from the other films?

Do you realize why it is problematic for one film to address questions and issues posed by previous films?

Why is it that when I ask questions I get rhetorical answers? How does that work?

Yeah, I already heard your screed. You figured out why you don't like something. That doesn't answer my question I asked another person.

There are plenty unclosed gaps from the films, not to mention the huge "all mutants were killed" plotline we only get through dialogue.

And the reason it should address those films is because it's in the same franchise as those films. Logan and professor x.....the entirety of what we know about them comes from the other films. Without them, we have nearly 0 character development. So I don't know what you are saying that the film doesn't owe and resolutions from previous films. Are you just arguing out of emotion?

This isn't mad Max fury road. It's a film that is built upon the issues from the other x men films.

There are plenty unclosed gaps from the films, not to mention the huge "all mutants were killed" plotline we only get through dialogue.

Are you just arguing out of emotion?
Please remember I'm not the guy started a thread to reconcile an itch.

I'm not getting emotional -- I'm getting specific. List a few gaps since there are plenty.

And the reason it should address those films is because it's in the same franchise as those films. Logan and professor x.....the entirety of what we know about them comes from the other films. Without them, we have nearly 0 character development. So I don't know what you are saying that the film doesn't owe and resolutions from previous films.
So that's you saying Logan and Charles and none of the characters had adequate story arcs within LOGAN because of mysterious issues presented from other films. Is that what I'm hearing?

Please remember I'm not the guy started a thread to reconcile an itch.

I'm not getting emotional -- I'm getting specific. List a few gaps since there are plenty

You mean the gap between DOFP and Logan or Apocolypse and Logan? The fact that imbetween them all mutants were killed off, and earth is in some sort of post apocalyptic world, none of that makes you ask ANY questions? I got a question...what the fuck happened?

You on the other hand just say "eh I guess some shit happened that Logan feels bad about" and you just assume that he helped turn on his friends...sorry buddy that's not being specific.

So that's you saying Logan and Charles and none of the characters had adequate story arcs within LOGAN because of mysterious issues presented from other films. Is that what I'm hearing?

Im saying that those films are responsible for the character development of both. You're trying to say that both characters and there relationship is just as deep without those films? Come on man

You mean the gap between DOFP and Logan or Apocolypse and Logan? The fact that imbetween them all mutants were killed off, and earth is in some sort of post apocalyptic world, none of that makes you ask ANY questions? I got a question...what the fuck happened?

You on the other hand just say "eh I guess some shit happened that Logan feels bad about" and you just assume that he helped turn on his friends...sorry buddy that's not being specific.
Easy, Karen.

Yes, I meant getting specific about your issues -- they're your issues. I literally didn't know what you meant, which is why I asked.

I wasn't specific in my response to the other guy because it spoils the events in LOGAN -- because it was part of a question, which is how does LOGAN not fit in with DOFP? (In which the dystopian future it represents was ALSO WIPED OUT -- in the same film.) I don't know how APOCALYPSE really fits into all that, or DARK PHOENIX -- but since those films came AFTER LOGAN, I'm going to say I still don't see how LOGAN mis-handled the X-MEN timelines leading INTO LOGAN.

Show me the way.
You're trying to say that both characters and there relationship is just as deep without those films? Come on man
NO, I'm asking you a question.

My question is not a rhetorical one. It's my making sure it's your position that, unlike MAD MAX FURY ROAD, LOGAN owes an obligation to its previous films in terms of character development and changes to the timeline. This may be a novel concept to you, but not every idea you have comes out adequately expressed AND is received in kind. Yes, YOU know what you mean, but from your words and my lack of understanding, sometimes clarification is needed. Hence, the questions. Good lord. Would everyone just throttle down a second? Juicebox? Juicebox? Juicebox?

Don't let me take away your comprehension of the films, such as it is. I'm just trying to understand the gibberish. That last part was a joke.

Easy, Karen.

Yes, I meant getting specific about your issues -- they're your issues. I literally didn't know what you meant, which is why I asked.

I wasn't specific in my response to the other guy because it spoils the events in LOGAN -- because it was part of a question, which is how does LOGAN not fit in with DOFP? (In which the dystopian future it represents was ALSO WIPED OUT -- in the same film.) I don't know how APOCALYPSE really fits into all that, or DARK PHOENIX -- but since those films came AFTER LOGAN, I'm going to say I still don't see how LOGAN mis-handled the X-MEN timelines leading INTO LOGAN.

Show me the way.

NO, I'm asking you a question.

My question is not a rhetorical one. It's my making sure it's your position that, unlike MAD MAX FURY ROAD, LOGAN owes an obligation to its previous films in terms of character development and changes to the timeline. This may be a novel concept to you, but not every idea you have comes out adequately expressed AND is received in kind. Yes, YOU know what you mean, but from your words and my lack of understanding, sometimes clarification is needed. Hence, the questions. Good lord. Would everyone just throttle down a second? Juicebox? Juicebox? Juicebox?

Don't let me take away your comprehension of the films, such as it is. I'm just trying to understand the gibberish. That last part was a joke.

You dont know how they fit into all that? I think it's obvious and I've explained it already.

You dont know how they fit into all that? I think it's obvious and I've explained it already.
I wasn't even talking to you in the first place! I walked into a separate part of your conversation, and no I didn't bother with what you said previously. Now I'm giving you the chance to lay it out for me and you want play some kind of game? Sure, okay. Again, I hope you realize I'm not trying to dissuade you. You wanted to show everyone how ahead of the curve you are on LOGAN, here's another opportunity!

Quote yourself if you can't muster the strength to respond in anything other than rejections.

Back