Movies I've never seen Lord of the Rings

If you like fantasy the trilogy is awesome
If you dislike fantasy is probably insufferable

In both cases never touch amazon's rings of power lmao
God that shit sucked. So did the new GOT and that other crap fantasy show they put out like a year ago. These guys can't make good sci fi or fantasy at all anymore.

Sad how much better these genres were decades ago with much worse tech.

Never watched LOTR films either, took me around 40 years to finish the books and I doubt I'll reread them ever .

Watched the Hobbit films , rather crap.

Love The Hobbit book though , would be one of my ten desert island books .

If you like watching gay midgets parade around for 10 hours (not that there's anything wrong with that) then yeah you should watch the LOTR. Never watched Twilight but it also sounds gay (not that there's anything wrong with that).

It can be hard to watch and appreciate them this many years later, if you set your expectations based on those who say it, and loved it, at its release time.

That is because, with so many greats you have likely seen a lot of somewhat 'copy cat' material, that while make it not seem as unique, compelling or game changing. A lot of the 'copy cat' material might even 'fix' a lot of the criticisms about the original material, like 'no hero's dying'.

But what i will say, is that when LoTR was released i think it was one of, if not the biggest blockbuster release of that time.

it is probably my GOAT choice for viewing experience, first watch.

Not really into fantasy all too much, but it is a fun trilogy. The Hobbit stuff was boring though. They are definitely made for the big screen. I saw them in theatres first, and watching them at home is honestly not even close to the same experience.

And did your lady or daughter force you to watch that Twilight stuff?

You didn’t miss shit. Most over hyped novel in human history next to the King James New Version.

The trilogy is definitely worth a watch. Not many films in cinema history have the all around quality that the LOTR films do.

The soundtrack is great.

I end up whistling this for weeks every time I hear it.

I actually just rewatched the whole trilogy over the last 5 days. I read the books when I was young. IMO, the books were great but almost got biblical when talking about John, son of Tom, leader of hedgewood, who was born in bram, that used to be roma, in the age of palm, etc. The movies captured almost everything from the books better than any other novel put to screen.

If you like watching gay midgets parade around for 10 hours (not that there's anything wrong with that) then yeah you should watch the LOTR. Never watched Twilight but it also sounds gay (not that there's anything wrong with that).
Personally I loved the books...when I read them 25 years ago lol. The movies fucking sucked and are ghey

One of the best days of my life was sitting at home getting smashed on beer and muscle relaxants (had a fucked up neck) while watching the directors cut of all 3 movies with my best mates . 10+ hours worth.

Was far and away the most relaxing day of my life.

I've read the books, tolkien is a bit boring but it was a great reading experience when I was in my teens. Silmarillion was an extremely slow read.

Films are brilliant though.
Amazing world builder, poor writer

God that shit sucked. So did the new GOT and that other crap fantasy show they put out like a year ago. These guys can't make good sci fi or fantasy at all anymore.

Sad how much better these genres were decades ago with much worse tech.
Gotta disagree with you. House of the Dragon has been great. Far better than season 5, 7, and obviously 8 of GOT.
Yeah, the rest have dropped the ball big time aside from Season 1 of the Witcher.

Back