I've just decided that Cerrone will beat Gaethje and heres why..

13 others

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying that I think Justin is the best fighter to watch right now and well deserved fan favorite with a kill or be killed approach.

I just rewatched his 5 fights in the UFC and noticed that Johnson, Alvarez, and Poirier laid out the blueprint to beat Gaethje. Bodywork. Yes, Johnson lost but he hurt Gaethje twice and had success against him unlike Barboza and Vick.

Cerrone often has a kick at the end of his combinations and will probably find Gaethjes body early. Not only that but Gaethje struggles against decent boxers as well and is very hittable. He relies alot on his chin and doesnt have a lot of defence or head movement. Cerrone usually picks these fighters apart.

Cerrone doesnt do well against pressure but if he can survive round 1 and 2 then the last 3 rounds should be in his favor. Justin doesn't have bad cardio imo but his output is so high that his power dwindles after two rounds, cerrone has the cardio advantage. Cerrone wont be worried about the TD so he'll be able to work his striking quite well imo. Gaethje has brought the violence for 5 fights and I expect no different on saturday night. Cerrone has brought plenty of violence too. Vancouver has been blessed with this fight and a rather good undercard.

I've decided Cerrone will win by head kick in rd 4.

Thank you and you're welcome.

You need to make a ridiculous public bet that you can never actually fulfil otherwise your prediction will not be accepted on Sherdog.

That's solid analysis, TS.

I was in another thread earlier where the convo simply devolved down to "JG is overrated, war Cerrone!" and "Cowboy is too old, JG is the future brah". I tried to insert analysis like this (I said body shots as well, but that Cowboy often doesn't game plan, and if he doesn't, then JG eventually hurts him bad and wins), but it was ignored.

I'm glad to see actual fight analysis. Cheers.

Let me preface this by saying that I think Justin is the best fighter to watch right now and well deserved fan favorite with a kill or be killed approach.

I just rewatched his 5 fights in the UFC and noticed that Johnson, Alvarez, and Poirier laid out the blueprint to beat Gaethje. Bodywork. Yes, Johnson lost but he hurt Gaethje twice and had success against him unlike Barboza and Vick.

Cerrone often has a kick at the end of his combinations and will probably find Gaethjes body early. Not only that but Gaethje struggles against decent boxers as well and is very hittable. He relies alot on his chin and doesnt have a lot of defence or head movement. Cerrone usually picks these fighters apart.

Cerrone doesnt do well against pressure but if he can survive round 1 and 2 then the last 3 rounds should be in his favor. Justin doesn't have bad cardio imo but his output is so high that his power dwindles after two rounds, cerrone has the cardio advantage. Cerrone wont be worried about the TD so he'll be able to work his striking quite well imo. Gaethje has brought the violence for 5 fights and I expect no different on saturday night. Cerrone has brought plenty of violence too. Vancouver has been blessed with this fight and a rather good undercard.

I still pick Gaethje to win by early stoppage but this is solid analysis TS. You make solid points, well done. Cowboy is a live dog.

Cerrone needs space to kick.

Gaethje just knocked out captain body work.

I’m hoping you’re right though. He does have better cardio + subs.

My reaction to another horrible troll attempt by @13 others
source.gif

Cerrone needs space to kick.

Gaethje just knocked out captain body work.

I’m hoping you’re right though. He does have better cardio + subs.
True. Cerrone will need space and I dont think he'll have it at first but I believe he'll get it. Justin hasnt shown any will to fight on the ground. Alvarez and Johnson both voluntarily went to their backs and Gaethje let them stand up. Dropped Johnson twice and never followed up. Hasnt even attempted 1 TD in 5 fights. Cerrone has the better ground game so I don't see why Justin would try and hit a TD now.

Justin is tailor made for Cerrone to beat but I think the opposite could be said about Cerrone being tailor made for Justin. That's where the fight gets fun. I just think outside an Early KO that this is a winnable fight for Cerrone.

Say hello to grandma ,Mark

Cowboy probably gonna get that RDA style beatdown.

Accurate striker vs the easiest guy to hit in the division. Even slow starting Cowboy will likely find his riddum early.

How much you wanna bet?
I’ve got justin inside two

That's solid analysis, TS.

I was in another thread earlier where the convo simply devolved down to "JG is overrated, war Cerrone!" and "Cowboy is too old, JG is the future brah". I tried to insert analysis like this (I said body shots as well, but that Cowboy often doesn't game plan, and if he doesn't, then JG eventually hurts him bad and wins), but it was ignored.

I'm glad to see actual fight analysis. Cheers.
good work. You actually have me nervous aboit the money I put on Gaethje at crummy odds.

Say hello to grandma ,Mark
I probably wont pass the message on to be honest. My grandma was over for the weekend and intruded into my room to clean it up. Although she had good intentions I dont appreciate the blatant disrespect of my privacy. Shes called several times to apologize since I flipped out at her and stood her up for my birthday dinner. Didnt even tell her I wanst coming she cooked the meal and everything lmao. Hopefully she gets the point now.

Everyone picking Cerrone says by headkick lol

He's only KO'd Martins, Makdessi and Brown with head kicks directly, he usually finishes with punches after the headkick.

I got Justin in my 2-5 team parlays for NFL.

So lock it up. Justin is a LOCK.

Back