I've heard the life in Canada is boring..

Because we're only half batshit crazy not full.
<23>

Justin Trudeau tells Hamilton town hall Canadians can feel safe despite returning ISIS fighters

https://nationalpost.com/news/canad...ulation-is-fastest-growing-religion-in-canada

http://mackenzieinstitute.com/rise-islamic-extremism-canada/
There were also small signals that all was not well with the Muslim communities in Canada, especially those of Pakistani origin. For example, the mother of one of my children’s classmates of Pakistani origin, asked me why my kids sang the Canadian national anthem when it is haram, forbidden. Upon asking where she got that information, she confessed that the imam of the local mosque had told the congregation that it was against the faith to sing the national anthem, or, indeed, to show loyalty to Canada.

Upon investigation, we discovered that some mosques were giving sermons against loyalty to Canada and at other places; the sermons were different in English and Arabic, the English version being toned down.

I'm travelling across Eastern Canada right now, though I live just a little while out from Toronto.

I'll go to Toronto for a sports game or work event, but I've never liked it there. It's busy and pretentious and the people are rude during the day and strung out at night. Torontonians sully the friendly reputation Canadians have and it's often the first thing visitors experience when they land here.

Montreal is a great place imo. The people have a much more cohesive spirit than in Toronto, though it may pale in comparison to a genuine European place. The women are absolutely beautiful and independent while the men are grotesque, which works well for me. The intention of the place just feels completely different than Toronto. It's also bilingual without being hostile to either language.

I just arrived in Quebec City for the first time and it's adorable. The people are much less presumptuous than Montreal, though their English is worse. I'm looking forward to roaming around tonight and then camping at a national park tomorrow night.

Will report back on NB and NS.

<23>

Justin Trudeau tells Hamilton town hall Canadians can feel safe despite returning ISIS fighters

https://nationalpost.com/news/canad...ulation-is-fastest-growing-religion-in-canada

http://mackenzieinstitute.com/rise-islamic-extremism-canada/
There were also small signals that all was not well with the Muslim communities in Canada, especially those of Pakistani origin. For example, the mother of one of my children’s classmates of Pakistani origin, asked me why my kids sang the Canadian national anthem when it is haram, forbidden. Upon asking where she got that information, she confessed that the imam of the local mosque had told the congregation that it was against the faith to sing the national anthem, or, indeed, to show loyalty to Canada.

Upon investigation, we discovered that some mosques were giving sermons against loyalty to Canada and at other places; the sermons were different in English and Arabic, the English version being toned down.

I dont feel overly patriotic being a Canadian. The entire worlds gone to shit my friend. My grandfather hated Justins father with a passion and that was decades ago. Nothing has changed here.

The other night i read the thread about refugees in the war room and the girl getting killed in Vancouver. Its beyond messed up. Guys an idiot.

I will say i've had a lot of Muslim neighbors and they were great people and i liked them a lot.

I'm travelling across Eastern Canada right now, though I live just a little while out from Toronto.

I'll go to Toronto for a sports game or work event, but I've never liked it there. It's busy and pretentious and the people are rude during the day and strung out at night. Torontonians sully the friendly reputation Canadians have and it's often the first thing visitors experience when they land here.

Montreal is a great place imo. The people have a much more cohesive spirit than in Toronto, though it may pale in comparison to a genuine European place. The women are absolutely beautiful and independent while the men are grotesque, which works well for me. The intention of the place just feels completely different than Toronto. It's also bilingual without being hostile to either language.

I just arrived in Quebec City for the first time and it's adorable. The people are much less presumptuous than Montreal, though their English is worse. I'm looking forward to roaming around tonight and then camping at a national park tomorrow night.

Will report back on NB and NS.

NB is awesome

Make sure you visit a covered bridge

I dont feel overly patriotic being a Canadian. The entire worlds gone to shit my friend. My grandfather hated Justins father with a passion and that was decades ago. Nothing has changed here.

The other night i read the thread about refugees in the war room and the girl getting killed in Vancouver. Its beyond messed up. Guys an idiot.

I will say I've had a lot of Muslim neighbors and they were great people and i liked them a lot.

We're told we have no culture or identity and that our history is racist so it's natural to not feel patriotic

It's twisted and warped progressive social conditioning. Don't buy into it. Don't forget what Canadians did to earn Canada's independence.

I can see why your grandfather hated Pierre Trudeau.

https://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/nothing-to-write-home-about/
Tilting the system toward family reunification and away from skilled workers diminished the economic benefits that had traditionally come with immigration. But it maximized the political benefits to Trudeau. This endeared many existing immigrant communities to the Liberals and encouraged wide swaths of new Canadians to vote for Trudeau when the time came.

The one or two Muslims you know is not the problem. You have to view Islam like an organism. It fucks shit up when it grows too big.

Vancouver is expensive as fuck but awesome if you have a decent job and network of friends and or family to support you there.

Vancouver island is amazing. I dont tbink I'll ever live elsewhere

Havent been to ontario or Quebec much, but the middle prairie province cities (saskatoon, regina Winnipeg) are small and kinda shitty but the people there are awesome. Friendly , tough, funny.

Alberta sucks. Maritime provinces are awesome.

Vancouver is expensive as fuck but awesome if you have a decent job and network of friends and or family to support you there.

Vancouver island is amazing. I dont tbink I'll ever live elsewhere

Havent been to ontario or Quebec much, but the middle prairie province cities (saskatoon, regina Winnipeg) are small and kinda shitty but the people there are awesome. Friendly , tough, funny.

Alberta sucks. Maritime provinces are awesome.
I've heard buying property is crazy high, but rent is actually about the same with any Canadian metropolitian city. Is that true?

I do notice alot of people migrating from Vancouver to Toronto though, the past few companies I've worked at, a good amount came from there. Some former gym teammates were from BC as well.

I've heard buying property is crazy high, but rent is actually about the same with any Canadian metropolitian city. Is that true?

I do notice alot of people migrating from Vancouver to Toronto though, the past few companies I've worked at, a good amount came from there. Some former gym teammates were from BC as well.

Vancouver rent is insane. I dont get how the economy functions.

We ate talking like 1500 for a decent, tiny suite.

The city of Vancouver decided they would do a study to determine a living wage in the city to pay all their civic employees.

The result was around 27 dollars an hour- just to get by reasonably in the city. This is 2 and a half times the official minimum wage.

i would be snowboarding all day every day 25/8 if i was in Canada

i would be snowboarding all day every day 25/8 if i was in Canada

Your options would be very limited. You need mountains and winter for that, which greatly reduces the times and places you could live and be able to hoard

Pretty much hit the nail on the head. I like the quieter experience but I had a ton of fun in the urban areas of Quebec City too. Unfortunately with Montreal I've just had bad experiences after bad experiences mostly due to rude people ruining the experience for me.

P.S. All those things you described about Quebec city sound like a lot of fun to me LOL.

Quebec City is incredible, I love it.

When I was twenty, I would probably have found it dull.

Not sure what that is but I will be on the lookout!

covered-bridge-hartland-nb.jpg

Toronto and Vancouver are absolute junk. Yes, the scenary is beautiful in Van. Other than that it is a very dirty city. Toronto is straight junk imo

Montreal is by far Canadas best city. BC is Canadas best province. If you want to really enjoy your time in Canada go to PEI or Vancouver Island. Best places in Canada imo
Lmao someone hates Ontario. Probably from the west I bet.

Vancouver rent is insane. I dont get how the economy functions.

We ate talking like 1500 for a decent, tiny suite.

The city of Vancouver decided they would do a study to determine a living wage in the city to pay all their civic employees.

The result was around 27 dollars an hour- just to get by reasonably in the city. This is 2 and a half times the official minimum wage.

The economy works like this. More new immigrants -> more housing needed -> rent goes up as demand exceeds capacity -> you got a disproportinal level of rent / to salary -> you are foocked.
(if it's not some really skilled labour which can contribute greatly to the society; but we all know Trudeaux brings only dirt poor immigrants)

id take so many pictures of that... we have one here, i drove an hour and 15 minutes to go see it.. It was about 15 feet long.. I took about ten pictures of it. Not sure why people are obsessed with covered bridges or what makes them special, but I LIKE THEM... Id take like 37 pics of that one

I live an hour from big white. One of the best snowboard spots in the country. Cant wait to call in for POW days in thhe winter.

Back