I've heard Rashad refuses to sign autographs...

He really doesn't though. Trying to provoke a famous person at a public event is like the safest, most cowardly way to try to act edgy. Rashad is a successful professional athlete with a family, no way he throws that away to smack some dipshit troll during an autograph signing. If that dude does get attacked security breaks it up immediately and he wins a huge lawsuit against Rashad.

You really want to see someone who has balls confront a fighter, there is this moron who decided to fight Kos at his gym. This guy actually followed through and put himself in a situation where the fighter could retaliate. Stupid, but ballsy.

Exactly, total jackass. Thinks he is hilarious. A guy who never done anything making fun of a guy who has the courage and work ethic to put his ass on the line.

He should bait them into a private room like he's gonna sign it and then beat the fuck out of them.
I would ask Mighty Mouse to sign a picture of Dominick Cruz suplexing him on his head. Don't think I'd have any problems.

I was one of the kids who somewhat cared about autographs too. I remember I had a prized baseball signed by many of my favorite Cardinals players, but looking back, why did I care? Was I subconsciously interested in lifting the signatures and engaging in some sort of check-cashing fraud, or did I want it just because other kids did too? I'm a mystery to myself, and that's why when looking back I question this weird tradition now.
It definitely has a "blind following" side but as I said earlier, if it gives a role model to a kid, I'm all in.

Here's my story: as a kid, we had a school activity where we went to visit the Canadian Parliament. The Prime Minister was there and he started signing autographs. I remember kids screaming and pushing to get the autograph. Yet, none of them could name him minutes earlier during the bus ride there.

It was all about blindly following others and responding to adults anticipation when they told us to go get the autograph before the PM has to leave. I cherished the autograph for the rest of the day then forgot about it and never saw it again...

Back